• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Create a Fighter! - The future of Miis and Customization?

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Here's the Mii Fighters my wife has created so far. I must say I'm a big fan of Ross.

Running 1122 with Krillin. I'm not a big fan of Shot Put with Krillin since it looks weird but having the others with Onslaught is just redundant. So I just pretend he's shooting some destructo disks instead and I'm happy :)

Lara Croft is running 1312. Hopefully there's some better costumes later on, still playing World of Light and Classic so I hope that I get something more suitable than the OPS outfit.

Ross is going with 1132. He had to get the suit, I mean he wears those almost all the time in Friends. Sad expression because it looks even more hilarious to die to Up-B 3.

edit; my thoughts on their legality

A bit of background first for those who are new. In S4, they were banned online, unless you played with friends, which was a bad move on the developers part. I couldn't really blame the TOs for banning them if the developers were treating them as taboo to begin with. And when they were allowed, the small fast Miis seemed to have left a bad taste in EVO.

So far I'm very happy with what Ultimate did. First off they can still be customized and created from scratch, making some pretty hilarious fighters as I've shown below. From the tournaments I've watched in my area, they have been very good with them too, allowing Miis with all their moves.

There are some crappy things like not being able to transfer them easily unless you have an amiibo and a 3DS / Wii U, removing some of their customes... but that aside, they are better in the competitive and even in the multiplayer sense.

I think what helps TOs and players overall be more comfortable is two things that the devs did, both which add up to less being unknown about them:
1. They're allowed to be used online with no restrictions in public Quick Play
2. Size and weight is consistent across the board for each Mii type

I am hoping this trend continues and Miis stay legal across the board. The only "time" issue is that, if the combo you want doesn't exist yet, you gotta create it. I put "time" under double quotes because it really doesn't take long to create unless you wanna get very elaborate, and you can always request in an event page for the organizer to have the mii moveset made available pre-tourney.

Attachments

Last edited:

SiO2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sprocket
Looks like the Major tournaments are going unrestricted Mii movesets. Hooray!

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Skull Kid Mii is my main in Ultimate along with Inkling (and to a lesser extent Mewtwo), and I am absolutely loving the Mii Fighters right now! (The only ones I've made are Skull Kid and Isaac). I wish that they had shown off the Skull Kid Mii Costume in that last Direct—then not only would we not have been left wondering, but we'd have been able to have a moment of "It looks just like him, holy crap!"

If Skull Kid doesn't get upgraded from being an Assist this game, or doesn't appear next Smash (though he should), they'd better keep the Mii Costume. Or, best option, add in Skull Kid and keep the Mii Costume for hilarity and confusion.

Astroking112

Smash Cadet
I'm a little disappointed with the amount of customization, honestly. I know that the idea was trying to reign in the characters to be more predictable, but as a more casual player I would've liked to be able to distinguish the Miis ever so slightly more.

Even just being able to choose between two Final Smashes for each class (perhaps noted with A or B, to differentiate it from the 1111 move strings) would've been a great touch without affecting competitive play. I would've preferred to also see three preset attribute options (either Light, Medium, or Heavy, which are also tied to speed and minor damage changes), but it seems like that was one of the major complaints in the past, so I can see why they didn't go for that.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Question is, what ones? They forgot that Mii Brawler has a lot of options and didn't say which one was which.

Mii Brawler Neutral Special Increased power.
Mii Brawler Neutral Special Reduced vulnerability.
Mii Brawler Side Special Extended distance and increased speed.
Mii Brawler Up Special Made it easier to grab edges.
Mii Brawler Down Special Greatly increased damage to opponents' shields.
Mii Brawler Down Special Extended launch distance of kick performed with extra input.

Last one is Feint Jump but what are the others? That side special could be onslaught or suplex from that description

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I love playing with the Mii's and especially in Smash 4 but I'm not as impressed with them in the Switch. Now I play them in a more casually so my opinions are going to lean more towards that. What I love about the Mii's is the ability to make virtually anyone you want and put them into smash. It can be you, your friends, movies, books, video games and so forth. So by giving more options gives you greater freedom of what you want. Here is my pro's and con's from the Switch version of Smash.

Pros

Switches Hair and Eye Color Options: This is probably the biggest improvement for the Mii's in Smash and it does greatly enhance your ability to create all sorts of people in the game (and other games as well). The only issue is that this improvement didn't come from Smash.

Spirits: Though a bit clunky this can really make you Mii stand out. It gives you a variety of abilities that can really make your Mii stand out. The problem is just like the custom option before other characters can max out their spirits and out compete you. It is however cool to make a character who can swim all the time or immune to lava.

Character Specific Costumes: Some of the character specific costumes I really like for example Ray, Issac, and Takamaru. Since they're not actual playable character at least you can still play them in some way. Though they can be limiting to what characters you can make they do offer something specific for fan favorites.

Share Content: The new ways you can share your miis over the internet is a lot better than last time. This can allow you to get miis from friends instead of getting QR codes and memorizing builds.

Cons

Size and Weight Option Removed: Now I know this was done for competitive reasons but this really hurts building character to look a certain way. For example if you make a Shantae mii using the female toad body she looks all tubby. They could at least kept the looks available with out actually changing their weights. Now I'm not a high level competitor but did the height change really make that much of a difference?

Choice of Costume to Keep and Remove: I'm really annoyed by the selections of costumes that they kept versus removing. They got rid of the generic outfits that could fit many different Miis like the Plate Armor and the Samurai outfit but kept the highly specific outfits like King K. Rool and Samus suit. They also kept the animal hats when they should have just have a full face cover like Black Knight Helmet. If they're going to have outfits from specfic characters they shouldn't have outfits of existing character (like Samus or KKR) unless it can be used in other ways. For example I do fencing so my Smash 4 mii was a sword fighter and used the Metaknight helmet because it looked like a fencing mask.

Skill Swaps Instead of Addition: I really like having the new moves as this gives you more interesting ways to play your character but some of the original moves were really cool and they worked very well with certain character design (like ultimate uppercut for my Urban Champion). I don't see why they couldn't just add those moves to the list and give each Mii 4 sets of moves to choose from rather than 3.

Now all of this is from what they added and removed from the Mii's and not what they could have added (like a left handed option for Swordfighter and gunner or make weapons a separate part from the costume like hats). Anyways that's my two cents and I hope its not too confusing.

Astroking112

Smash Cadet
Size and Weight Option Removed: Now I know this was done for competitive reasons but this really hurts building character to look a certain way. For example if you make a Shantae mii using the female toad body she looks all tubby. They could at least kept the looks available with out actually changing their weights. Now I'm not a high level competitor but did the height change really make that much of a difference?
I would've settled for just a Short/Medium/Tall option, with an automatically attributed weight and damage modifier for each category. It would've been nicer to have a Short/Average/Tall option separate from Light/Average/Heavy with modifiers for each, but it would still be better than nothing.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I would've settled for just a Short/Medium/Tall option, with an automatically attributed weight and damage modifier for each category. It would've been nicer to have a Short/Average/Tall option separate from Light/Average/Heavy with modifiers for each, but it would still be better than nothing.
Well that may work except characters with different weight to body ratios. For example if you a Waluigi you would want a tall character but very light. For me its purely for appearance and I'm fine with them all weighing the same just as long as I can make them look different.

Erased member

Smash Apprentice
Here's some Mii Fighters based off their Spirit Board & W.O.L. characters: https://smashboards.com/threads/canon-mii-fighter-spirit-movesets.499397/
Images are ALWAYS the Best Explanation! As said, here's the link that shows you how to create the Default Mii Fighters from Super Smash Bros. Ultimate:
https://imgur.com/a/ful5u8E
So I've also created this link in order to show off how to make ALL of the Default Mii Fighters over @ smashboards (Based off the imgur link!) check it out: https://smashboards.com/threads/how-to-create-the-mii-brawler-mii-swordfighter-mii-gunner-from-super-smash-bros-ultimate.500384/
I found this link, thanks to a member here @ smashboards.com name SiO2, so I give HIM the Shout-out for being the Original one for notifying us all!
Here's where I found his comment: https://smashboards.com/threads/the-official-mii-fighters.464998/
& here's his smashboards Channel: https://smashboards.com/members/sio2.323503/
Finally, HERE'S where you can look up the list of ALL the Spirits within this game: https://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_spirits_(disambiguation)

Last edited:
Top Bottom