• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crazy Idea for Diddy: Top Tier?

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
There can only be one legend....And that is me. the legendofme..You Hear Me Noob Legend.
No no no no.

You have it all wrong.
You're mistaking yourself with ME.
I'm sorry.

Oh and Dynamism!
Yoshi and Link will be great matchups.
I can see not as much Yoshi and Link players for some reason.
This will give the Diddy Army a chance to win online.

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
Diddy seems like he has a lot of potential, his Up B and Side B are his only specials that seem like they won't be a waste of time.
Still, good moves don't simply make you top tier, its how effective they are in comparison to the other characters.

However, everyone is saying that a character is going to be Top tier (Except Ike) so it's kind of hard to tell.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Diddy seems like he has a lot of potential, his Up B and Side B are his only specials that seem like they won't be a waste of time.
Still, good moves don't simply make you top tier, its how effective they are in comparison to the other characters.

However, everyone is saying that a character is going to be Top tier (Except Ike) so it's kind of hard to tell.
Especially with so many characters NOT revealed.

Diddy's Down B is his banana drop.
It makes opponents slip, so it'll slow the opponents down.
We'll find a strategy to this.

His side B is ****.
No kidding.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I can see not as much Yoshi and Link players for some reason.
Despite Link not being top tier and not being overused in tourneys, he was skilled one of the most reoccurring characters and was played as or mained quite frequently. I see there being even MORE Link hopefulls now that he is faster. For some reason, fast and Link is just really drawing alot of fanbase :ohwell: And Yoshi will dominate in the few hands he falls into. Even if he goes unused, he will be very persistent in making his name felt. Kind of like ICs users in melee. :lick:

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Especially with so many characters NOT revealed.

Diddy's Down B is his banana drop.
It makes opponents slip, so it'll slow the opponents down.
We'll find a strategy to this.

His side B is ****.
No kidding.
yo nice, i've never seen the diddy down b in action! is there any vids?

errtu

Smash Apprentice
diddy looks crazy good. not my favorite character but i'll use him if he is as great as he looks

mffns

Smash Cadet
I like how you people say that his bananas are useless when you haven't played the game yet. Bananas are so awesome, if you know how to use them. If you place them in the right spots, and try to force your opponents on them, they can be so deadly, and your opponent's will be easily comboed.

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
You can toss 2 on the ground at once. You can pick them up. You can pick them up while doing a cartwheel (Running A). You can throw them at people to deal damage. People slip on them leaving a quicksmash open.

Whoever says the banana is useless needs to jump out of a window.

ledsmash

Smash Rookie
i thnk with diddys banana peel and all around balance and speed he could easily end up being high tier. i want to main him or toon link whose bair i heard was awesomely powerful

ledsmash

Smash Rookie
if you cheack out Edd (srry i forgot where i found the vid), he's awesome with didd banans and such. those things look like the key to mastering him

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
I played Brawl today, and Diddy Kong is probably one of the best characters. He has a great recovery, bananas that absolutely ****, and fast attacks. Basically, his bananas can really own. I think that Diddy Kong will make high tier, even if it is too early to say anything.

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, amazing final smash. He kills himself half the time.
Only if you suck at controlling it. I don't think tournaments would allow final smashes anyway.

I think Diddy is my new favourite character, I wanted to try him out first because I knew he would be good. I love tripping people up with banana skins then doing combo's, also his aerial attacks are really good. He's probably replacing Luigi as my main :p.

Top Bottom