• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crazy 280 slot roster w/ graphic, looking for 20 more characters!

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Update (original post quoted below):
So, I just can't seem to keep myself from updating this roster with every remotely feasible character imaginable, and have since created this behemoth 280 slot roster:

280 slot roster

But now I am looking to take it a step further... since I am only 1 extra column of characters away, I am looking to get it up to 300! That means I am looking for 20 more characters, and while I have some ideas, I could use all of the input I can get!

My guidelines for adding characters:
1.) They must have originated in a video game (unless it's a joke character such as Sakurai, Miyamoto, Reggie, etc).
→ This means no Goku, Naruto, etc.​
2.) They must have appeared on a Nintendo console (again, excluding joke characters).
→ This means no Master Chief, Kratos, etc.​
3.) They should have something distinguishing them from the crowd of other potential characters, whether it's popularity, unique game play, or whatever.
→ Aka trying to avoid adding "GENERIC HERO CHARACTER #342!"​
4.) They should be feasibly playable.
→ For example, I'm not going to add Navi. Not that anybody wants that anyways :p
5.) Probably not going to add any more joke characters, unless they're really good.
→ So keep your troll answers to yourselves :awesome:

And that's about it! If you think some characters are completely undeserving (and they might be), and should be replaced, then feel free post about that, too - I'm open to all ideas!

RhymesWithEmpty said:
So, I haven't posted on these forums since Brawl speculation was going on, but I have been following this thread for a while now, and, out of pure boredom, I've created this 160 200 slot roster made up of the characters I've most primarily seen being discussed in Smash Bros. speculation throughout the years.

200 slot roster

Blank 50 slot roster - for editing your own.

Obviously, this roster isn't at all realistic. As far as SSB4's actual roster goes, I would be surprised if we hit 50 characters. And I am completely aware of the fact that many of these choices stand around a 0% chance - my goal here was simply to make as comprehensive a list as possible without getting too crazy and adding characters like Navi or Master Chief or Goku from DBZ, etc. There are quite a few characters on here that I think are completely absurd and not the greatest of choices, and a few that I haven't actually seen brought up in conversation and probably stand no chance, but thought might be interesting anyways. The point was just to create something that people might be able to use to assemble their ultimate fantasy roster, within the vaguest confines of reason.

I am aware that a user-made program for creating roster images already exists, and I think it's pretty awesome. I guess this is just for anyone who might want slightly more uniform, higher res. icons to play with. It should be easy enough for anyone to edit in paint, and I invite you to have at it

Also, if you want to point out how big an idiot I am for forgetting about so and so, or question why the hell I put this, that and the other person on there, or bite my head off for not including the right Fire Emblem lords or Pokemon or having too many damn Wario characters, or whatever else you can think of, please do! Maybe I'll have a solid reasoning for you, maybe you'll change my mind about something, maybe I'll add another row or 5 or something crazy like that, maybe I'll stop writing in run-on sentences! Who knows?

So, yup, that's about all I've got. Feel free to post here, or whatever - I don't even know how this thing works, really. I'm just a bored guy trying to waste some time!

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
What makes you say he'd be broken? I'm genuinely asking - I don't really know much about him other than that he's a magikoopa and the main villain of the Yoshi games, to be honest XD

And a bit of an update for all of nobody who is reading this: after slowly continuing to add characters, I finally said screw it and just went and made it an even 200 slots. Lots more completely unlikely 3rd parties, a few slightly more deserving or interesting characters who'd slipped through the cracks before, and some joke characters to boot.

I want to say I am finished with this now, but it really has just become an exercise in obsessive completionism, so if I've made any obvious, or even less than obvious oversights, yell at me about it. If I can come up with another 10 characters who meet the requirements of originating in a video game, having appeared on a Nintendo console, and being notable in some way, I'll add another row.

Airslash

Smash Journeyman
What makes you say he'd be broken? I'm genuinely asking - I don't really know much about him other than that he's a magikoopa and the main villain of the Yoshi games, to be honest XD

And a bit of an update for all of nobody who is reading this: after slowly continuing to add characters, I finally said screw it and just went and made it an even 200 slots. Lots more completely unlikely 3rd parties, a few slightly more deserving or interesting characters who'd slipped through the cracks before, and some joke characters to boot.

I want to say I am finished with this now, but it really has just become an exercise in obsessive completionism, so if I've made any obvious, or even less than obvious oversights, yell at me about it. If I can come up with another 10 characters who meet the requirements of originating in a video game, having appeared on a Nintendo console, and being notable in some way, I'll add another row.
Well, he flies fast. So they'd incorperate that, he has magic, powerful magic, that attacks from afar.

He'd be like Meta Knight on steroids mixed with a good samus.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Well, I figured he'd be a ranged attacker, but they could always nerf the power of his attacks, and I assume he wouldn't be on his broom the whole time, so he'd probably have really good recovery, but might still be slow on the ground (unless he flies without his broom?). It seems to me that any character could be broken, it just depends on how the dev. team decides to implement them.

Unfortunately, like the vast majority of this roster, I don't think he stands a real chance at getting in anyways, so we'll probably never know how broken he could be, heh. Granted, he still stands a better chance than many.

One character that I didn't remember until my most recent round of additions and would really be interested to see as playable is A Boy and His Blob. He probably doesn't stand a ghost of a chance either, especially considering it doesn't look like the 2009 Wii game was released in Japan, but... I can dream! :c

Spire

III
BRoomer
I love that to this day, the Mewtwo render I uploaded to smash wiki is still used :bee:

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
lol @ Non-specific action figure, Nintendo seriously needs to do some more with that guy in the near future

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Yeah, I mostly just put him on there for the lulz, but it could be interesting if Nintendo actually did something with him. I guess he wouldn't really be very non-specific if he had his own game, though XD

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
So, I've been at it again... apparently 200 slots just wasn't enough for me!

I've given the first post a massive update, including a link to the new 280 slot roster, a link to a blank 50 slot roster for people to use, and my guidelines for character submissions... because I'm aiming to get this mother up to 300 slots!

And at the rate I'm going, the next update will probably be a 500 slot roster XD

So, people can post here with their suggestions, or just discuss my choices if they want, or maybe this thread will continue to be dead and sad and lonely... I guess we'll find out shortly!

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
holy moly

i'm having trouble thinking of anybody because i lose track of who you've got on there.

though if you're willing to shift a couple characers around, i could suggest adding Posphora and Pyrrhon to the Kid Icarus column.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Haha, yeah, that's an understandable problem. I've shown it to a friend, and he always has to double check with me to make sure I have in fact got certain characters on there.

Ah man, more viable Kid Icarus characters? Just when I think I have them all covered! I'll look into them, although I obviously have to limit it to some extent. It's rather hard to pick and choose from characters like this without having played the game yourself, heh.

And I have since added 19 more characters, but I am still somewhat iffy about some choices, and open to swapping people out. Right now I am going through the huge amount of write-ins on the vgtribune poll and looking for interesting/popular characters that I might have missed.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Miyamoto and Reggie were definitely the highlight of the roster.

Could do with some Yamauchi and Iwata though.

Top Bottom