• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Craziest things you've seen CPU's do

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Recently I was randomly playing Marth and edge-guarded a lvl 9 Fox. I go to foward msash guard his up+b, and the darn thing ledge techs, with a wall jump!

Post the insane things you've witnessed CPU's do over the years.

Reese

Smash Journeyman
once i was fighting a cpu bowser and right after he respawned he just up b'd off the edge and died...wtf

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
Well, I have a couple..
Once, I was playing on Jungle Japes, and everytime Luigi respawned, he woud just keep Luigi Torpedoing (over b) off the side of the stage.. lol, Luigi is weird..

I swear, that one time I saw a level 9 Captain Falcon WD... I went in WTF mode there for a few minutes after I saw it.. yeah I go into WTF mode alot when I fight CPU's :/

Then there is the occasional CPU's missing spikes and it is you rather that spikes them.. C falcon tried to do it to me once, but he missed. ^_^

Yeah, those are not really insane.. but I am sure I have seen them do at least something weird.. if I remember I will post it.. in the meantime, i'm going to sit and think about it..

mood4food77

Smash Hero
my level 1 falco SHL'd, drillshined, and then daired me into my doom...i was like...wtf happened

i hate when level one's ledgetech, i've seen it a couple of times

my level one marth wavedashed back and tipped me once...another wtf moment

and then i beat 3 level 9's, dk, roy, and ness on the DK level with cranky (can't remember the name) without touching them in under 1:45

Lesheik

Smash Lord
I was playing a Lv.9 Fox a few months ago, and I swear.. it wavedashed once! If I recorded it, I would be rich.

Respawn

Smash Journeyman
In the shadows. Or NE Ohio. Whichever sounds bette
OK, here's a guaranteed way to kill a lvl 9 Ness CPU, without doing a single thing:
(I have version 1.1, they may have caught this in the other versions.)

You as any character in the first slot.
lvl 9 Ness in the second slot.
Set the stock to one.
Go to Jungle Japes.
DO NOT MOVE.

Ness will run over, double jump, attempt a PKT, but the PKT will run into the platform, sending him into the water. This only works for one life per battle (hence the single stock), as Ness will respawn in the center of the stage. But it works every battle.

Liewyel

Smash Apprentice
The only "crazy" thing that I've seen a CPU do was edgeguard me with Marth and then procede to edgehog my recovery.

Lucid

Smash Cadet
i agree that cpu's have their moments but sometimes they do rather stupid things like for example i've Ko'ed cpu's and right after they respawn they taunt, and i've stopped them from taunting by hitting them and they get back up and taunt again wtf? Thia has probably happened to plenty of others also.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
i agree that cpu's have their moments but sometimes they do rather stupid things like for example i've Ko'ed cpu's and right after they respawn they taunt, and i've stopped them from taunting by hitting them and they get back up and taunt again wtf? Thia has probably happened to plenty of others also.
Yes.. in fact, it just happened to me two days ago...

kliente

Smash Cadet
for some reason lvl9 CPUs tend to walltech myattacks frequently
I've seen it all but the thing that amazed me the most was when a lvl9 marth CPU made an IASA and killed me with an Fsmash, i went like 0.0 WTF IS GOING ON?!?!?!??!

I've seen CPU's making wavedashes with luigi and I saw only once a Fox CPU making a SHFFL Nair....that was very frustrating.....

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
my lv9 fox was banging his head a lot whil falko did the same the jumphit the head at the top of the temple doublejump hit there head les than 2 seconds later then jump down the crack of the floating platform using up+b ledge attacking jumping reapeating (only hapens to fox or falko at bottom or hyrule temple falko some times kills himself

Smash Master
I was doing a ditto with a Level 9 Fox and he shinespiked me while I was in the middle of the Fox Illusion.

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
luigi was smashed into the hyrule scieling and he was floating there for a long time ( 30 seconds) then he got smashed up again and used the scieling tec then wacked me all the way to the far right of the screen while i teced diagonaly on the scieling and was diagonaly and reach thetop three platforms and got up the edge wtf how did that happen!??!?! (super sudden death match)

drago980

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this is really "crazy", but every time I play a lvl 9 Bowser, I always get surprised when he techs my dthrows.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
I've had a falco edgetech a fsmash, dtilt and dair from a marth at over 150% each time.

A fox ran at me and me at him and then I tried smashing him, he WD backwards to avoid the hit.

A cpu WD off the ledge to edgehog me.

Been kinda pillared (JCed reflector -> dair->dtilt).

These only happen in Adventure or Classic mode for me.

Don't play cpus in vs besides lvl 1's to practice combos and whatnot.

Top Bottom