• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

craziest thing you've done online.

Terrabell

Smash Cadet
I was fighting a zelda online and pocketted her phantom, 10 seconds later i shot it at her and she nayrus loved in back in my face.

KinkoTheEevee

Smash Cadet
NNID
KinkoTheEevee
I was playing on 3ds, (before I lost it...) and we were fighting as normal, when our controls locked up. We could not move, standing there as if we weren't pressing any buttons. We waited for the time to run out, then it said connection lost. Sorry if this is not relevant to the thread title, I have been wanting to share this with someone, something to talk about :facepalm:

Saint Johns

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HyperSlash
My Pac-Man did an insane combo on a Samus in For Glory, who SD'd the second stock. The match lasted 19 seconds.

JayFresh

Smash Cadet
got a double kill meteor smash with DK's forward arial hammer fist while playing team battle online for glory with a friend.

they were both around 60% .... then I was so hyped afterwards I forgot to save replay T_T

Last edited:

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
While playing as Robin, I footstooled a Mario player (by accident) and spiked him with Elwind (also by accident) as I jumped off of him. And I've finished off a match against ZSSamus by lobbing a book at her.

With Lucina, I've made a massive comeback against a Pit player while contending with the atrocious lag we had to deal with, and defeated a Falcon player in 24 seconds.

I fought a Ness player with Mario. During this match I gimped his recovery by hitting his PK Thunder with a fireball, and on our last stocks I KO'd him with the final hit of a Up-B after I screwed up my chances of recovery.

On our final stocks, I nearly SD'd with Sonic's D-Air, but succeeded in spiking a Jigglypuff player to the point where they couldn't reach the ledge as I double jumped into a wall-jump and recovered with Sonic's Up-B.

Honorable Mention: Anytime I've concluded a match by spiking an opponent with ZSSamus's D-Air.

Last edited:

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
Just messing around, I two-stocked someone with Jigglypuff using nothing but Rest. I'm aware that it depends on the quality of competition, but that's probably the funniest thing I've done.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I had a crazy air-battle as WFT against a Villager, once. We basically hit each other in mid air, fighting for the edge for quite a while.
everytime i tried to hoola back to the edge, i hit him, then he hit me, sometimes I got an aerial in, then i got knocked away again, just to miss a dair. I barely recovered, the Villager had his balloons out and i finally landed that dair, winning the match.

This was the most clutch thing I ever had going in a match and describing it really doesn't do it justice. If only I could record that replay...

Edit: I actually have recorded it with my phone! The quality isn't all that great, but I hope you can enjoy it anyway.

The scene I described is at roughly 2:40.

Last edited:

Altea77

Smash Apprentice
I two stock 0%ed (not sure what you would call it. A two stock without taking any damage.) two different players in the span of an hour with ZSS and her grab combos. Unfortunately I did not know you could save online replays at the time, so I really missed out on that one.

Last edited:

Starman15

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobotTurtle5000
3DS FC
3136-7638-2428
Switch FC
SW-2901-3121-3539
I got a KO with Luigi's down taunt on a Mega Man in For Glory, I don't think that'll ever happen again.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
A Marth used Shield Breaker in Midair, and while moving forward I intercepted the attack with a fair meteor Smash using Mario.

Ultresmasher5

Smash Journeyman
I won once. (I'm not that good)

:psycho:

Off topic-ish
Also there was this one time where I was watching Spectator mode and it glitched one players status thing so they hand little mac's power meter, shulk's monado arts all at the same time and the percent was 000% (not 0%) and the score was 00000 (not 0)

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
Once, when I was playing as Little Mac, I ended up landing a ko punch the exact same moment my opponent, who was playing as Mario, stage spiked me with an fair.

CrabLeg

Brown Boy Wonder
NNID
Maheen76220
3DS FC
4854-6626-0552
I was playing Captain Falcon and my opponent was Mario. He landed a meteor smash on me but I didn't have too much damage so it didn't immediately KO me. I was going to press up B to recover but I accidentally only pressed B and activated a Falcon Punch. My opponent then jumped down in an attempt to land another meteor smash on me to finish the game. My Falcon Punch hit him and he bounced off the corner of the stage to his doom. This was on the 3DS version around the time it first came out.

ThatAintFalcon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4296-3957-9894
I two stock 0%ed (not sure what you would call it. A two stock without taking any damage.) two different players in the span of an hour with ZSS and her grab combos. Unfortunately I did not know you could save online replays at the time, so I really missed out on that one.
I think they call that a JV3

ThatAintFalcon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4296-3957-9894
Once, I was playing as Wario against a duck hunt player. I threw him off the stage and gimped him with a forward air after he had used his second jump. He didn't make it to the ledge, so I jumped down with him and used the fully charged Wario waft for the sake of disrespect. He left after that match...

CallinConnor

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3737-9744-8078
I fought with a Greninja who did a triple jump! Not as in, jump, double jump, up B, as in he jump then did TWO double jump! Once I saw that, I knew the guy was cheating so I quit the match and called it a day.

Another crazy, but great moment was I was playing Villager against another Villager and we just played around using Pocket on the tree until sudden death. I lost. :p

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I fought with a Greninja who did a triple jump! Not as in, jump, double jump, up B, as in he jump then did TWO double jump! Once I saw that, I knew the guy was cheating so I quit the match and called it a day.

Another crazy, but great moment was I was playing Villager against another Villager and we just played around using Pocket on the tree until sudden death. I lost. :p
Um thats a footstool. Footstools are weird in the sense that you can get the jump but not the actual footstool.

CallinConnor

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3737-9744-8078
Oh no, I know that the footstool mechanic can be weird at times, but I was nowhere near that Greninja when it happened, and for the most part the lag wasn't that bad. I used to have a recording of it, but due to the patch I cannot view it anymore. It was a long time ago, so who knows maybe it was a glitch or maybe the guy hacked the game. Either way that's my crazy story.

link2702

Smash Champion
Oh no, I know that the footstool mechanic can be weird at times, but I was nowhere near that Greninja when it happened, and for the most part the lag wasn't that bad. I used to have a recording of it, but due to the patch I cannot view it anymore. It was a long time ago, so who knows maybe it was a glitch or maybe the guy hacked the game. Either way that's my crazy story.
no real hacks for smash4 really exist yet....so yeah it had to be some glitch(which isn't surprising atm considering how glitchy smash4 is proving to be already.)

CallinConnor

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3737-9744-8078
no real hacks for smash4 really exist yet....so yeah it had to be some glitch(which isn't surprising atm considering how glitchy smash4 is proving to be already.)
Well at least they're going out of there way to fix it. From what I heard Smash Wii U is oh most lag-free, which honestly once I get a Wii U I'm probably not gonna touch the 3DS online ever again... well maybe with friends.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I've managed to save matches by being as clumsy as is physically possible.

Footstools on 100%, accidental roll at the right time, freefall just outside of a suicide move's hitbox, whiff super armour right when I didn't expect it but needed it the most...you name it, I've pulled it off in some sort of a manner and style.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I managed to have fun against a Link player.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I got two meteor smashes with Pit (my opponent wasn't at high %, so it didn't kill) and then ended with a footstool.
That or
I jumped all the way down from the stage to where I couldn't recover just to Warlock Punch a Villager recovering from the bottom.

JancroFin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jancr0fin
3DS FC
5472-8792-6103
My proudest For Glory moment was ehat I like to call the Hurricane Ike. A Link threw his boomerang and rolled back to start charging an arrow. I jump over the 'rang and start charging Eruption. He wisely doesnt approach, but when the tornado comes back, it pulls me toward him, allowing me to give Eruption horizontal range.

With Friends, I (Bowser) was playing a 3-stock match with two of my buddies (Peach, Ike), and got gimped and item-screwed out of two stocks. So my last stock, I went for a Bowsercide on Peach, who had just knocked Ike offstage.

We ended up falling on him on the way down, and it killed.

SSBSteve

Smash Rookie
My proudest For Glory moment was ehat I like to call the Hurricane Ike. A Link threw his boomerang and rolled back to start charging an arrow. I jump over the 'rang and start charging Eruption. He wisely doesnt approach, but when the tornado comes back, it pulls me toward him, allowing me to give Eruption horizontal range.

With Friends, I (Bowser) was playing a 3-stock match with two of my buddies (Peach, Ike), and got gimped and item-screwed out of two stocks. So my last stock, I went for a Bowsercide on Peach, who had just knocked Ike offstage.

We ended up falling on him on the way down, and it killed.
I had a situation related to Link's boomerang too! I was playing Kirby and my opponent threw his boomerang straight forward. I timed my jump to sit in the tornado and changed up my Forward-Special. It carried me straight forward and I swung that hammer in his face. Ugh, I should have saved that reply...

El_Mariachi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Marvinho
One time during Team For Glory, me and another fellow Falcon were fighting a Zelda and Villager. The Zelda was an Up B/Side B spammer btw. During the match I jumped up and did a reverse Falcon Punch. Immediately the other Falcon jumped up and did a normal Falcon Punch. We hit the Zelda player simultaneously and right after the kill we both taunted at the same exact time.

Another time my friend and I played against a Bowser and Shulk. My friend was also playing Shulk. During the match, the Bowser did an fsmash but my friend countered it. During the animation I jumped up and did a Falcon Punch. I Falcon Punched the Bowser into Shulk's counter and it did an insane amount of damage.

blaze1216j

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blaze1216j
Switch FC
0463-6711-5134
Managed to win against a Marth player in For Glory as Captain Falcon. What happened was that in the last stock for both of us, I was going to attempt to hit him with a Falcon Punch, while i was charging at him in the air, the Marth player was on the edge, he jumped and he successfully did a Counter on Marth, but, I was low enough to hit the sweetspot, which was on Marth's foot and I Falcon Punched to Victory, here is the video.

JancroFin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jancr0fin
3DS FC
5472-8792-6103
Also, whenever I end up on For Glory against an item spammer and get the first kill, I try and spend the rest of the match camping and running away until time runs out.

It's surprisingly effective.

Last edited:

SSBSteve

Smash Rookie
Also, whenever I end up on For Glory against an item spammer and get the first kill, I try and spend the rest of the match camping and running away until time runs out.

It's surprisingly effective.
I might adapt have to adapt this advance technique! I tend to get too aggressive and frustrated when this happens.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
As Mega Man, I got 'Dorf spiked into my own Rush Coil, bounced above him, then spiked him for the KO.

Crash Bombed a Bowser right before getting bowsercided (back when that still won the game for him), explosion saved me, but he super armor'd it and died.

Fired an air shooter too late on a falling opponent, only for them to hit my coil and bounce into it and die.

DI'd to the side and Wall Teched a Captain Falcon spike on Omega Wario Ware and survived.

waluigithewalrus

Smash Cadet
I was playing as Dedede against a Kirby when my most bizarre win came. We were both on our last stock, and the Kirby managed to edgeguard me, leaving me with nothing I could do but my up-b, but I couldn't make it back on stage even with that. But I tried it anyway, just to say I tried. Now, just as I did this, Mr. Kirby decided he wanted to spike me down to end the game, so he jumps down to about level to where I was, only to realize my Up-b had already been activated. He tried to get away, but it was too late: Kirby was killed because he got cocky.

Anyway, I spent a good 2-3 minutes just sitting there laughing after that happened.

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
Just a couple of days ago I fought a Wario and used Vision(I was Shulk obviously) to counter the waft. It did a ton of damage but there was zero knockback from it for whatever reason. I saved the replay of it. I feel sorry for that Wario. Shulk is a really hard hitter using Buster art, he kept taking so much damage from my attacks. Speaking of which, I also ran into a Lucina player who just completely gave up fighting me and suicided after two swings from my down smash did almost 30 damage. Guess Buster art was too good for her. I was kinda disappointed, I would rather have fought the rest of the match, but I dont think Lucina was that player's main and knew he stood no chance.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Just a couple of days ago I fought a Wario and used Vision(I was Shulk obviously) to counter the waft. It did a ton of damage but there was zero knockback from it for whatever reason. I saved the replay of it. I feel sorry for that Wario. Shulk is a really hard hitter using Buster art, he kept taking so much damage from my attacks. Speaking of which, I also ran into a Lucina player who just completely gave up fighting me and suicided after two swings from my down smash did almost 30 damage. Guess Buster art was too good for her. I was kinda disappointed, I would rather have fought the rest of the match, but I dont think Lucina was that player's main and knew he stood no chance.
Warii Waft has hyper armor so nothing will make him flinch.

Top Bottom