• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crash Bandicoot in Brawl.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
I'm sure everyone knows who Crash is. He's up there with Mario and Sonic in popularity, and Crash 3 has been called one of the best platformers all time. And just recently he's come out with a new game, called Crash of the Titans. And with CoT, he received an entirely new model, and many new moves and abilities.

New Crash:

Old Crash:

I have also come up with his moveset and Final Smash.

B: Spin Attack

Of course everyone knows this move. It's been with him since game 1.

Side B: Triple Dragon

A new move he received in CoT, he jumps and kicks with both legs, lands, headbuts, lands again, and then headbuts again with massive force.

Down B: Wumpa Bazooka

Appearing in Crash 3, his bazooka shoots Wumpa Fruit at great speed. It could be controled the same you control the Super Scope in Brawl.

Up B: Crash Copter

Another new move from CoT, Crash spins at a slower, less damaging speed, but can slow his fall speed. To make this a viable recovery move in Brawl, it could also act as a third jump.

A + A + A: Norris Roundhouse

New in CoT, Crash swipes right, then left, then finishes with a roundhouse kick.

Up Smash: Gyro Hammer

New in CoT, Crash swings his legs in a tornadoe fashion upside down.

Down Smash: Body Slam

What more needs to be said?

Side Smash: Chin Tickler

New in CoT, Crash does an uppercut of massive power.

Side A: Slide

Crash slides into an enemy. Normaly used against enemies that have a protected upper body.

Down A: Sweep Kick

Crash has nothing like this in any game, but this is definately something I could see Crash do.

Up A: Bomb Throw

From Crash Team Racing, Crash throws a bomb from his cart at an angle. Of course, he does not have his cart in Brawl.

Midair down A: Board Slam

Again from CoT, Crash uses Aku Aku as a skateboard and then slams him down with force.

Midair up A: Board Spin

Crash mounts his Aku Aku board and spins like a proffesional skateboarder.

Midair side A/Nuetral A: Aku Aku Board

Crash mounts his Aku Aku board and sails around at double speed and ramming in to enemies.

A or B on Aku Aku Boad: Kick

Crash kicks at enemies while riding Aku Aku.

Final Smash: Ratcicle Jack

Crash jacks the titan seen on the game cover, and uses his Titan attack, shooting out a beam of ice shards and freezing anyone that gets hit and doing massive damage.

So, what do you guys think? I personaly think this moveset would make him the new Chuck Norris of Smash.

Zelda92

Smash Cadet
I 'd love to see him, though IF it would ever happen, Im hoping they use the old model. (Updated though.)

D

Deleted member

He won't be. He ain't Nintendo. He has the same chance as Spyro the dragon. Just above 0%.

Zjiin

Smash Master
probably wouldnt make a bad character, but he's Sony's mascot, so i doubt he'll ever have a chance. that is unless down the line nintendo buys out sony like they did sega, then yeah, he might make it into "Smash Bros Annihilation" in 2021, lol.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
probably wouldnt make a bad character, but he's Sony's mascot, so i doubt he'll ever have a chance. that is unless down the line nintendo buys out sony like they did sega, then yeah, he might make it into "Smash Bros Annihilation" in 2021, lol.

He's officialy a third party character now. His games are on the X-Boxes, Playstations, Gamecube, and recently the Wii.

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
wow. youve really thought this out. i think the new crash is cooler looking, although i am used to the old costume, so perhaps an alternat costume could plz everyone. but Crash would be a cool character. Spyro would to, since all the characters walk on 2 legs(excluding ivysaur) they need more 4 legged caracters.

Zjiin

Smash Master
wow. youve really thought this out. i think the new crash is cooler looking, although i am used to the old costume, so perhaps an alternat costume could plz everyone. but Crash would be a cool character. Spyro would to, since all the characters walk on 2 legs(excluding ivysaur) they need more 4 legged caracters.
I think except for the when they are standing pikachu, DK, and diddy all walk on 4 legs.

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
I think except for the when they are standing pikachu, DK, and diddy all walk on 4 legs.
O, i guess thats true, so the animals walk on 4 legs...well then they need a dragon, that would leed to a "slay the dragon" event match. but back to crash...

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
oh heh, i wasn't aware of that. Well i suppose it might work if he were a bit more popular or on Sakurai's poll.

Crash in other media
Crash has rarely appeared officially outside his game franchise, (it is rumored a cartoon was being produced during early development of the game series, though this has not been expanded upon) however he has become a popular icon and thus is referenced on occasion. Crash was also a pivotal marketing icon like Sonic the Hedgehog was for Sega, or even Mario for Nintendo, appearing in many Pizza Hut and Playstation television ads and also in print.
-Wikipedia.

Ice man

Smash Journeyman
wow second page already, I guess crash isn't as washed up as I thought.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
-Wikipedia.
In 1999, Crash Bandicoot was placed on the #98 car of Rick Mast during the NASCAR Winston Cup Series NAPA 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway as part of marketing for the then-upcoming release of Crash Team Racing for the Sony PlayStation. At the time, the team was sponsored by Universal, who publishes the Crash series.
-Also Wikipedia.

Much more, but eh.

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
XFDXFDXFDXFDXFD

XFD

Sorry, but the notion of Crash's popularity being comparable to that of Mario and Sonic just made me crack up.

maybe not all the way up their with them, but he was a big ps2 idol. not that much anymore, but him and spyro were playstations idols. xbox's is master chief, and yea, nintendo and segas is mario and sonic. all these characters should be in brawl(well, maybe not master chief)

Memo326

Smash Cadet
Realistically, it WON'T happen. EVER. (or at least, I give him a 1% or so chance).

Ignoring all reality, however... BEST IDEA EVER!!!

Crash was my Mario... I mean, my first Nintendo console ever (not handheld) was the Wii, but I did have a PlayStation when I was little. Crash 1 was my first game ever, and so I became a huge fan.

It's such a good idea, I just have to contribute:

About his moves: I think you put a little too much emphasis on Crash of the Titans. I mean, the game's gonna be like 2 months old by the time Brawl is out, and it wouldn't even be out in Japan. So, some of the changes that could be made to accomodate older games would be:
- Up B: his Jetpack from Crash 2 and several other games
- Final Smash: Mecha-Bandicoot (from Twinsanity)

For the other moves, my mind is blank.

Crash shouldn't ride Aku Aku, but Cortex. :p

Victory pose: Crash Dance FTW!!!

Now, for the Crash universe stuff.

Stage: N. Sanity Island
It would be a stage half in the jungle and half in the beach of the island. On the right, a jungle in which several trees would form platforms, and Crash's home can be seen in the background. In the left, a beach with a lone Wumpa palm tree (seen in Twinsantiy) which would drop Wumpa fruit sometimes when hit, and the fruit would recover some health.

Music:
- Crash 1 Theme (on the main title)
- Crash 3 Theme (on the whatever that space-station thing was called)
- Twinsanity Theme FTW!!! (couldn't find a midi, sorry)

Items:
- Wumpa Fruit: A strange, orange fruit that recovers health
- Jump Crate: A crate with a carefully concealed arrow. A trick crate, sort of like the rolling crate, except you would (obviously) be going up and not sliding.
- TNT Crate: Touch it and it'll count down from 3. Anyone near it gets damaged.
- Nitro Crate: Touch it and explode. I mean, the bright green is bright enough to be seen in anticipation, right?

Assist Trophies:
- Cortex: zaps you with his laser gun
- Nina: hits you with her mechanical arm
- Crunch: carries someone, DK style
- Coco: karete kick on someone near
- Papu Papu: the Snorlax of AT's, lol

And maybe some other stuff...

Really, you deserve a cookie.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
the one thing i really wish they didn't change with the updated crash model was that they got rid of his trademark glove things. back in the ps1 days i was the biggest crash fan ever. but ever since naughty dog sold him off he's just been going nowhere fast. i eventually lost my interest of him. it was a sad day.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Crash was by far my favorite series when I was age 7-9. I still play Crash Team Racing every now and again on particularly boring Sunday's. I would love to see Crash in Brawl but I don't think he has that great of a chance. It's not that he isn't popular enough, but I don't think that they'd put him in over Sonic and Megaman. Sakurai said we should expect only three third party characters but that doesn't necessarily limit it to three, so he may have like a ten percent chance or something.

Ice man

Smash Journeyman
Lol, you know I originaly brought up crash in thread about characters that had no chance of making in.

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
crash wont be in it. it would be awesome if he was, but theres no way any of the characters we want will be in it. the game would be 3 discs long because it would have so much memory.

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
not to mention crash is a sony character. sonic might get in because he is sega, which either joined or got bought by Nintendo.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
crash is no where near the league of mario,sonic or even snake, hes really not that popular anymore i dont see him making it in brawl spyro the dragon is just as popular as crash which isnt really that popular so there will be no crash in brawl

Top Bottom