• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cracking Sleepy Hat Puff: A Texture Hackers Results: SANTA PUFF LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PND

Smash Champion
Is there any easy way to make .pac files? I have a **** load of textures, but most of them don't have .pac files.

Like, is there a program I can insert images into, or whatever?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Is there any easy way to make .pac files? I have a **** load of textures, but most of them don't have .pac files.

Like, is there a program I can insert images into, or whatever?
there is, but keep in mind you don't really need them for the textures to work.

PND

Smash Champion
I'm aware, I'm just looking to organize it a bit. I have some .pac files for some of my characters already, but others I'm missing them. Basically, I'm just obsessive about making them for everyone, if at all possible.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
alex can give you the names of some apps. i'm just saying if you were to play the game now with textures all the pcs files would work fine and you would se all of your textures.

PND

Smash Champion
Really? So if I get rid of all of my .pac files I would see them? Because with *some* pac files present I can't see the ones that don't have them.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Really? So if I get rid of all of my .pac files I would see them? Because with *some* pac files present I can't see the ones that don't have them.
WELL, some characters need their pac files (see: characters that change) because the pac is recalled when changing back into that texture. otherwise on characters like sheik/zelda if you change and then change again you'll just be the regular costume color instead of the texture.

pac files also let you use them in 1p mode (but nobody cares about that).

PND

Smash Champion
Oh, okay. Thanks!

To clarify, we are talking about "seeing them" on the character select screen, right? Because I can see the textures fine in a match. I just thought I'd clarify.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
pac for changing characters in-match. on the CSS you need some other stuff. textures have nothing to do with that.

PND

Smash Champion
Oh, k. I just assumed it was the .pac because, in one example, with Youko's tex pack I had an ugly blue snake that I couldn't stand, so I downloaded the demoman texture hack for him instead. I repalced the .pcs file, and the blue snake is still on the character select screen. I just assumed the .pac file was responsible.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Any chance of turning the Trainer hat into this?

I'd be more than satisfied with simply a black hat.
Sorry for this old quote.

I'm going to have to confiscate this from you k?

Try cracking every part of jigglypuff's texture layout. There isn't much you can do with her, but the santa hat is proof there is more you can do.

PND

Smash Champion
What directory do you put csp files in? I have a couple, but I'm unsure where to dump them.

And I need to make more CSP portraits. :( I dled CUPASH, so it's time to get learnin'

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
the .pac doesn't want to download. the .pcs is fine though. does sleepy hat absolutely need the .pac? also, when is beta version coming out?

Top Bottom