• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

cpu's intelligence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
i havent played a cpu in a while and hardly ever do but i did today to see if they got smarter as a result of me playing.they did things i never thought a cpu could learn.the snake was b reversaling nades.did they learn to b reversal or something?also i versed a bowser(one of my two mains)and it knew to grab release into an attack.

Veril

Frame Savant
there are a bunch of threads on this already. CPUs can actually do a lot of things you wouldn't expect. Too bad they're ******** in most ways.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
It may seem to our brains that they are learning but what they are actually doing is repeating a programmed file of moves and other responses. They are not learning, they are reacting to your fighting style in a way that can possibly beat you. Its all just codes, and files. Therefore, they are not copying what you are doing, and they do not get smarter.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
It may seem to our brains that they are learning but what they are actually doing is repeating a programmed file of moves and other responses. They are not learning, they are reacting to your fighting style in a way that can possibly beat you. Its all just codes, and files. Therefore, they are not copying what you are doing, and they do not get smarter.
10 truths. Close Thread.

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, he said it. I think no further discussion is necessary.

FrankPizzi

Smash Apprentice
i havent played a cpu in a while and hardly ever do but i did today to see if they got smarter as a result of me playing.they did things i never thought a cpu could learn.the snake was b reversaling nades.did they learn to b reversal or something?also i versed a bowser(one of my two mains)and it knew to grab release into an attack.
Lol, I see what your saying.. I've fought a lvl 9 computer and was freaking out, because I never knew that a cpu played that way..

ISMFOF

Smash Cadet
but there are some moves that they NEVER did before that you do alot and they just decide "HEY i wanna try that move!" and you werent expecting it and get owned.

is that just a coincidence?

i think not in my opinion.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
This. Thank you.

but there are some moves that they NEVER did before that you do alot and they just decide "HEY i wanna try that move!" and you werent expecting it and get owned.

is that just a coincidence?

i think not in my opinion.
It's not a coincidence. Read Bizzarro Flame's post again.

bobson

Smash Lord
I love how people are quoting this as if it contained a stunning argument when it essentially boils down to "Your theory is wrong because it seems like it should be wrong. Any evidence toward your theory being correct is attributed toward your own wild imagination."

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Ask Nintendo if the CPUs actually copy what you do. Masahiro Sakurai will laugh at your face.

Plus that youtube video in that link is most likely coincidental. I'm pretty sure that Link (computer) would be able to do the same thing with a Wii that has no Brawl memory inside. Try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom