• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CPU destruction

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
A lvl 9 Jigglypuff just d-air ledgecancel rested me off of a quickly ascending Arwing on Corneria. I'm not sure what to do with myself. I would've posted this in the Help and Support section, but I don't think the mods would've been very sympathetic.

Please help.

What is the most disgusting thing a cpu has done to you?

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Every now and then when I'm messing around against Bowser, he busts out some crazy u-tilt - u-tilt - fsmash nonsense that I'm not even prepared for. Usually he's so fun to just knock around as Marth or Diddy, but man, every so often he just reminds me that he could crush me if he used his full processing power.

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
A DK did 2 wavedashes, moonwalked? (is that possible) to me, and fsmashed me.
He styled upon me.

I laughed for a good minute.

I actually still have the replay.

Sashimi

Smash Ace
I've been told that if you miss a rest on Falco, he spams tech skill before punishing you.

CPUs have style now.

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
I've been told that if you miss a rest on Falco, he spams tech skill before punishing you.

CPUs have style now.
If you die, Falco does a million multishines. He only stops when you hit the ground. I have like 4 replays dedicated to some crazy stuff he did.

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
A DK did 2 wavedashes, moonwalked? (is that possible) to me, and fsmashed me.
He styled upon me.

I laughed for a good minute.

I actually still have the replay.
Upload! I would too, but I don't have the equipment.

Also, Happy 100th.

D

Deleted member

What is the most disgusting thing a cpu has done to you?

i had one where the CPU just kept powershielding.

maybe it wasn't cool but it was hella ****ing annoying.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I talked to KingClubber and he said in 3.0 they can di, he also said they put up much more of a fight

I also asked about pichu, he said there was a 50/50 chance of him returning

hand

Smash Cadet
They pull off some sick stuff every now and then. I'm really excited for CPU strength being buffed.
Would be even more awesome if Falco waveshined back and forth after landing a kill. :D

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Those Falco tech skills are better than mine. Just saying.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Those Falco tech skills are better than mine. Just saying.
well pretty sure that applies to everyone since just about nobody can multishine that consistently for that long
most people that put that kind of effort into a character do it for fox not falco lol

also KingClubber if you're reading this you should totally confirm or deny the CPU DI thing, I want to know if I should prepare the alter for your worship before or after 3.0's release

Runathir

Smash Rookie
As someone who doesn't get to play smash with other people that often, more competent AI definitely appeals to me. Level 9 solos are only a challenge if I'm using someone I'm bad with, like Lucario. On the other side of things though, I'd really love it if the PMBR could make a couple of other parts a little... easier?

For one, when you're in free-for-all against multiple CPUs, in Brawl they will stop fighting each other if you get out of arms reach, and all come chasing you, so it feels more like an uneven team battle with team attack on. Also in Brawl, level 1 CPUs, while not a challenge, are rather a lot tougher than their 64 and Melee counterparts. I'd like for level 1 CPUs to be more of a derpy punching bag like they used to be, for practice purposes. If I'm testing out stuff, it's pretty annoying to have someone smacking me around every 5 seconds.

On another note, I noticed that Brawl CPUs tend not to walk or run much if at all (at least from levels 1-6). Instead they just hop everywhere. Quite often they do this in your face and end up Roy-zoning you (I believe that's the correct term for getting too close to hit properly?). This is less an issue of difficulty though as it is just nonhuman-like. It would better simulate real people if they could walk and run, or wavedash even. But maybe that's just me.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
well pretty sure that applies to everyone since just about nobody can multishine that consistently for that long
most people that put that kind of effort into a character do it for fox not falco lol

also KingClubber if you're reading this you should totally confirm or deny the CPU DI thing, I want to know if I should prepare the alter for your worship before or after 3.0's release
I have my entire conversation with kingclubber saved, I could post if you want

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Wait, this is CPU's killing people?
I thought this was going to be about how they always AD off an edge to their death.
Also, please fix that. It's annoying.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Wait, this is CPU's killing people?
I thought this was going to be about how they always AD off an edge to their death.
Also, please fix that. It's annoying.
I think it's the brawl mechanic of dodging whenever it can be potentially hit. Unfortunately, it seems that the AI doesn't know how to dodge with directions.

Fortress

Smash Master
Had a Weegee misfire me off of the stage and proceed to chase me off-stage and misfire again immediately afterwards to kill me, and then turn around and misfire back.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
As someone who doesn't get to play smash with other people that often, more competent AI definitely appeals to me. Level 9 solos are only a challenge if I'm using someone I'm bad with, like Lucario
THIS SO ****ING MUCH

does anybody else hope that the future PM release will get a major overhaul in AI? I haven't seen the new AI in 3.0 but i've always wanted AI's to take certain actions depending their lvl, mostly to help all of those people that can't attend their respective scene bc of age/transportation/whatever or the people that don't even have a scene to begin with

NameChange

Banned via Warnings
I still use level 3 cpus anyway to help any advanced techs my characters could have I only do level 9's to see if I got a good handle of the character

2-Toes

Smash Rookie
One thing I would really like to see implemented into the CPU engine would be better tech chasing from the computer, and better tech skill while being chased. It is obnoxious how CPU's will only ever do get-up attacks at perfect timing.

One idea would be for high level CPU's to have a RNG system where it will choose a "style" at random that helps determine their DI and tech patterns. That would make for some degree of human, mind-game elements and benefit players who can't play other people very often. It would keep CPU's fresh as well, where some styles would have emphasis on spacing, punishment, aggression, passivity, etc.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
Heeeeeyyyy, somebody using the thread how it was intended! +1 to you. Can we get back on topic, guys?

yeah sorry, anyways i actually remembered some of the jank stuff that the ai has done to me thanks to this thread
here goes (please don't call bull****, this stuff really did happen to me or a friend where i was present, i remember bc i laughed my ass off)

- I once had falco clank out my f-smash (using marth) three times in a row with shine, then ran up and f-smash in the face
- Friend of mine was playing against jiggly and saying how easy it was to kill her (he was using marth), like 5 sec. later he got hit by a roll out near the ledge...................XDXDXDXD............he then got rested out of his up-b XDXDXDXD
- my little brother was using bowser against ganon, they were on smashville, he hit ganon with a bair close to the wall, ganon actually wall teched the attack and then used side-b to grab and send him to the abyss, my brother one the match but his soul was broken

SixSaw

Smash Journeyman
THIS SO ****ING MUCH

does anybody else hope that the future PM release will get a major overhaul in AI? I haven't seen the new AI in 3.0 but i've always wanted AI's to take certain actions depending their lvl, mostly to help all of those people that can't attend their respective scene bc of age/transportation/whatever or the people that don't even have a scene to begin with

I would love an AI option that plays "intelligently" but doesn't actually attack. Like a CPU that takes every opportunity to DI/ break out of combos, etc, but without all the other quirks that make the current level 9s super tedious to practice with (power shield spam, lack of tech variation, etc). Maybe it would go for a hit but stop after the first one, just to show you where you're vulnerable. Kinda like a sparring mode. That'd be awesome

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
I would love an AI option that plays "intelligently" but doesn't actually attack. Like a CPU that takes every opportunity to DI/ break out of combos, etc, but without all the other quirks that make the current level 9s super tedious to practice with (power shield spam, lack of tech variation, etc). Maybe it would go for a hit but stop after the first one, just to show you where you're vulnerable. Kinda like a sparring mode. That'd be awesome

OOOOOOOOOOOO that would be amazing!

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace

dudeeeee i was actually gonna post my ideas but didn't cuz it would be useless but since there seems to people who like it this overhaul dream, here it is:

lvl1: nothing but taking hits and techrolling, rolling, different DI when they get hit, being (now) able to ledge-tech, etc.

lvl2: them playing campy/run-away, so you learn how to deal with having to chase or approach in a non-hit-me way, or better put, efficiently approaching them with your character.

lvl3: Annoying things they do, let's say for falco, he spams lasers like crazy, fox always nairplaning everywhere and shineing at once wether it be shield or non-shield, Marth doing the wall of pain (i think that's what it's called) with his fair, Falcon nairing like crazy, etc.

lvl4: your turn to DI, characters spam certain combos or just attacks like Peach continiously d-smashing, fox up-smash into another or up-air, falco shineing and dair you like crazy, maybe a shine-bair too, etc.

lvl5: This goes with the lvl4 thing, but it's just CG and teching and that stuff, like let's say your fox and your playing against a lvl5 marth, he will continiously CG and/or techchase you, your falco, Falcon u-throws you, and he chases you, same goes for shiek, etc. This could be kinda exclusive to FF's but i don't know.

And i guess the other levels would simply be real fights, with different styles?

just think about it guys, after PM is completely finished, the only thing new to download to the game would be AI settings for each character, and for each lvl you could pick a player with different traits like for lvl 9 fox, you could pick the extremly tech. silentwolf/javi or maybe Mango/unknown instead

Marth lvl.6-ARC, fullmetal falcomist etc.
lvl.7-jpg, cactuar, taj, TAI
lvl.8-Pewpewu
lvl.9- Mew2king (this would be basically as frame perfect as melee marth, just 3 googlon times smarter than the melee one), or dr.pp (he took a set off of armada, nuff said)

I get that coding styles based on color slots is impossible (who knows?) but giving each lvl a certain skill ceiling i guess could be doable, then again i have no idea what i'm talking about, but again if they mad e an engine for the AI, i think it would be one of PM's most noticeable highlights

Top Bottom