• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Counterpick stages for Sheik?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Battlefield, Rainbow Cruise, Final Destination, and Jungle Japes.

Just learn when to pick those and you shouldn't have much trouble in the future.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Wait, how does Sheik have an advantage on Rainbow Cruise and Jungle Japes?
Rainbow Cruise
~Diddly can't do his banna game on rainbow
~Characters with weak recoveries( mainly tether recoveries) are easier to gimp and force into spots that are more favorable for you
~ Ice climbers have difficult time chain grabbing
~ it's a nontraditional stage so most characters who are good at area of control are greatly weaken

Jungle japes
High ceiling make it so snake can't kill you until the higher percents and he has to start his recovery early so it's easier to score free hits.
Olimar has little options left if you start to chain camp on the side platforms. The same could be said about other characters who are unable to get around the chain effectively especial if you are able to chain jack.

I mainly use jungle japes just to fight Snake

Everyone else I for the most part pick Battle field and beat them by being better then them or pick FD to take advantage of their lack of ability to camp and start filling their face with needles.

Squidster

Smash Ace
There was a thread about this awhile ago

Yoshi story
- Small stage so DACUS goes pretty much the whole way
- Wall cling can help in special situations
- Platform that can be used helpful
- Some characters have trouble auto canceling on this stage though its not that big a deal since its like... ganon and falcon
- Balloons will take your opponents attention

Halbert
- When standing on the dip while the stage is flying, needles can hit someone hanging on the ledge
- Going through the floor can be helpful for sheik
- Going through the floor can be bad for some characters
- You can dash under projectiles in the dip
- Non neutral properties of the stage when it lands can throw people off

Tristan_win

Not dead.
What about Norfair? Norfair always seems good or tether characters.
Nofair is alright I just don't like the stage hazards and layout.

I don't bring people there since you can usual find a stage that take advantage of the same principals fairly easily.

The only time you should pick nofair if you have extend practice on it and your guess your opponent does not. Only then does it really out weight the effectiveness of other counter picks.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If I ever counterpick non-neutrals, my stages of choice are going to be Brinstar and Norfair.

Because the music on those stages rock.

I might counterpick myself with Frigate Orpheon too, just to listen to the music on there.

Yeah.

demodemo

Smash Ace
frigate orpheon because wall cling is hilarious.

however, the right side doesnt have an edge (during the first form) which means sheik has to recover with vanish if she is forced to recover. vanish has no hitbox upon appearance so that usually means trouble.

Squidster

Smash Ace
I actually really like norfair o.0
Ledgedrop -> tether to the next one down
Ledgedrop -> tether to the next one down
Ledgedrop -> jump under stage -> Vanish to stage
Ledgedrop -> Jump to next ledge up
Ledgedrop -> Jump to next ledge up

much fun o_o

Charoo

Smash Champion
norfair is link's dream come true haha

one of the best stage i like to take people to with sheik is castle siege. Just cause attack = best song in brawl. Then again, I take every1 to castle siege with any char. haha

I get mad and reset the stage when the song isn't attack though =p

Tristan_win

Not dead.
norfair is link's dream come true haha

one of the best stage i like to take people to with sheik is castle siege. Just cause attack = best song in brawl. Then again, I take every1 to castle siege with any char. haha

I get mad and reset the stage when the song isn't attack though =p
Haha, I can see that now

"I counter pick the song attack...oh I guess we are playing on castle siege"

You guys really shouldn't let favorite songs dictate what levels you play. Just get a mp3 player and download the songs online. We even have a thread dedicated just to have all the songs downloadable...somewhere.

Exile724

Smash Cadet
I would probably counter pick Rainbow Cruise because everyone complains about how it moves and that just makes it fun.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
A thought occurs

Meta knight is light as ****
Meta knight gimping is too good
Meta knight is hard to gimp

Sheik gets a lot of her kills by sending people upward.....

Wouldn't Corneria make a fine counter pick?

Top Bottom