• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Counterpick stage question

Royta

Smash Journeyman
In a few weeks I am attending a tournemant, and only a small amount of counterpick stages is allowed.

Here is the list:

Neutraal (Random Select)
• Battlefield
• Final Destination
• Smashville
• Yoshi's Island

Counter
• Brinstar
• Castle Siege
• Delfino Plaza
• Frigate Orpheon
• Halberd
• Lylat Cruise
• Pokemon Stadium 1

Now I was wondering which I should use for my counterpick the most of the time. I was thinking about Brinstar since the lava does wonders for my recovery, and there are nice blastzones.
But if it gets banned then what? Battlefield? That's why I ask it here :)

Also which should I bann? Against DDD I think Castle Siege since he can chaingrab me to death there, and the rest go Frigate Orpheon since that 'no edge' thing hits me hard ;p

Thanks for the advice! Appreciate it:)

Greetz Royta

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
That's a very small amount of counters...

It depends on the character, but out of that list, Ike gets the most advantages from Battlefield and Pokemon Stadium (he has an infinite there). As for DDD, the ideal stage would be Lylat Cruise, but that'll be banned for sure, so next best would be Brinstar.

Keep Castle Siege on your list. Just don't get grabbed on the 2nd part of the stage against a DDD.

You'll definitely want to get rid of Frigate when it's time for banning, but ideally you should analyze your character's advantages/disadvantages and go from there. Honestly I have a good time whenever I'm on Frigate because people always avoid it.

Royta

Smash Journeyman
I did read it but it barely covers all the stages yet, so I made a topic like this.

Thanks for the advice 'till now btw, sounds good^^

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I got 60% of the stages listed >_> japes is Ike's worst and RC if you can't handle a constant air game and moving. Neither of them are there so you have frigate left as a bad stage.

Royta

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to go further into discussion with you so nevermind. I know they are listed but still asking people for their opinion is still allowed I think..

If anyone has other forms of advice feel free to post them!

XACE-K

Smash Master
The usual answer would be to ban FD or Frigate but ban what stage you feel is your worst to play on and play on the stages you're comfortable on.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Exactly what the poster above me said, play on the stages you feel comfortable on, but Final Destination is a must ban most of the time.

XACE-K

Smash Master
You should really add Corneria to that list. Corneria is one of Ike's main CPs against most characters and you can use an infinite there. The fin is also a great place to KO fairly quickly.
That's the list of stages the TO made Neutral or CP. Royta has no control over what stages can be used in the tourney. >_>

D

Deleted member

not to your list specifically, I like-

delfino
frigate
Rcruise
smashville

I also pike pokestadium 1 cause everyone else hates it (that i've met).

Royta

Smash Journeyman
I've been discovering Pokemon Stadium aswell, the wall gives nice infinites and its a fun stage (Melee memories <3), think i'll stick to Poke and Brinstar as counters along with battlefield ^^
And bann Fd most of the time (or frigate). I play nicely on FD as long as I'm not fighting a camper:p

thanks for all the support^^ first reall brawl toerny for me, hope I make it through the first round ;D!

@ umbreon
Why delfino? i really hate the fact that QD sometimes goes through the edge (i like to use it in an edgehop;p)? Matter of taste I guess :)

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Well, I like playing Ike on Battlefield and Pokemon Stadium 1. So those are 2 I'd suggest, if I had to suggest another, Smashville would probably be the other choice. Don't pick Final Destination often and keep it to a rare minimum

Top Bottom