• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Countering MK

Beo

Smash Apprentice
So since Meta Knight is to Brawl as Kabal is to Mortalk Kombat, how does one beat him?

Nitros14

Smash Journeyman
In my experience, forward and up tilts work wonders (the forward tilt goes through his tornado), so does shield fortressing. Keep spaced and punish him with tilts as he tries to approach. Stay grounded and pray you don't get knocked off because you're probably dead if you have to recover any great distance.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much what Nitros said. MK is a pain to every character tho. A MK who spams Mach Tornado is by far the worst one to play against.

For some reason that move just seems to AlWAYS hit. I'm able to block it fully sometimes but most of the time its a hit and it does great damage even when spammed over and over (does like 20+%) and even when you think he's done I can punish he does a down smash and it catches you.

MK is by far the easiest character for anyone to get used to and he's a pain when the player knows the game.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Shielding into Fortress will help you keep up spacing. for a kill, I recommend sidestepping an approach and bowser bombing. Your tilts will have to do for racking up most of your damage and avoid the air like it's toxic. You can catch a Dash attack/grab or short hop approaching metaknight off guard with Neutral B for some free damage. As for the whorenado, you'll need prediction for well-timed Ftilts to smack through it. Otherwise if he approaches along the ground, it's possible to skip up into a bowser bomb down through the middle but ridiculously risky.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I did this matchup AAAALLLLLL DAAAYYYYYY today. i ***** all of them. Basically spaced with SH fairs and ftilts. If u can shield grab do it. u can grab, release, single jab to F-B. 90% of the time it works. If ur scared of it failing, just grab release f-b. GUARANTEED. U actually outrange meta knight. u can wait for a dsmash from him and fsmash. ur fsmash has more range than his dsmash. The match felt so simple. Imma put a vid up in a bit to show what i did.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
I did this matchup AAAALLLLLL DAAAYYYYYY today. i ***** all of them. Basically spaced with SH fairs and ftilts. If u can shield grab do it. u can grab, release, single jab to F-B. 90% of the time it works. If ur scared of it failing, just grab release f-b. GUARANTEED. U actually outrange meta knight. u can wait for a dsmash from him and fsmash. ur fsmash has more range than his dsmash. The match felt so simple. Imma put a vid up in a bit to show what i did.
Bowser doesn't actually counter MK. Your just going to be playing against a lot of lame MK players till you actually find one that shows you that he doesn't. (trust me I know)

Play a good defensive MK and your see how tough it is. Plus I saw your vid and that was the worst MK player I've ever seen. Your going to have to find one that knows more then just spamming Mach tornado over and over again.

Not that I have anything against spamming because I feel you should play to win but it was waaaay to predictable and simple.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Bowser doesn't actually counter MK. Your just going to be playing against a lot of lame MK players till you actually find one that shows you that he doesn't. (trust me I know)

Play a good defensive MK and your see how tough it is. Plus I saw your vid and that was the worst MK player I've ever seen. Your going to have to find one that knows more then just spamming Mach tornado over and over again.

Not that I have anything against spamming because I feel you should play to win but it was waaaay to predictable and simple.
And i told you i fought M2Ks meta with bowser and it went just fine. That meta in that vid i kno was garbage. I said that in the thread. The other meta was ACTUALLY trying. But ur right. If meta is running away most of the time its goin to be annoying.

Top Bottom