• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

counter.

__V

Smash Journeyman
It can be useful, but it isn't as useful as Marth's.

eroninja562

Smash Cadet
Ike's counter has a frame in which even if the move is executed, he still takes the hit rather than countering it(that is if your opponent hits you at the exact time you do it). Also, after the move has been initiated, even though Ike is still in an animation in which he'll look the counter will activate, Ike might take the damage instead of doing the counter itself. I had this happened to me many times while playing my brother. Overall, Ike's counter is not as good as Marth's counter. My suggestion would be to use it sparingly. This move is not good to spam.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
There is more than 1 frame of start-up time. One might even deign to say "several." <_<

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
@eroninja

every attack has that its just the start up and ending lags. If you taking about the counter actually countering and then you getting hit it's because of multi hit moves like Zeldas Fair.

noobslayer

Smash Apprentice
Ike's counter has noticably more start-up frames than Marth, but it also lasts significantly longer. This lends itself to punishing opponents for 'whiffing' big hits, as opposed to anticipating aggressive patterns.

EXE

Smash Cadet
I play both Ike and Marth, and I did have the impression that Ike's counter lasts longer than Marth's.

It could be because of the start-up lag, though, not sure.

Top Bottom