• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

counter Bowser

Smash Master
Who does Bowser counter, and who are Bowser's counters. I'm trying to make a chart indicating every character's strong counters and weak counters.

Impp

Smash Ace
Bowser's got some even match ups,... probably. That'd be the place to start though. Then the next part of the list would be "Who works Bowser, but doesn't totally destroy him." And the next 22 characters would be on the third part of the list which would be "Characters that totally destroy Bowser." Don't take me too seriously, now.

marthsword

Smash Ace
I should do that chart. I'll go work on it maybe. He does have some even matchups though, but he doesn't counter anyone.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
maybe I should do the chart haha

btw marthsword does your sig seriously tell people to plus rep you? thats the dumbest thing i've ever seen lol

did you seriously minus rep me for saying that lol wtf

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I think that bowser counters people who have only one way to recover, and do it slowly, he may not "counter" them, but if they are recovering and he is there, knowing what they are going to do, he certainly has a high chance of killing them...

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Bowser counters are weird. There is no character he really does good against, not because there aren't characters he can do better combos on or get earlier kills on. Its because pretty much everyone he has an advantage on has an advantage on him. Bowser "sort of" counters anyone with bad recovery. Then again on the other hand alot of those guys have combos that **** Bowser.

Tian

Smash Apprentice
Fox, Falco, Samus, Mario, pretty much anyone with a good far range attack. He is also really hard get back on the stage. So you could take advantage of that with Link, Ganondorf, or someone like that.

marthsword

Smash Ace
maybe I should do the chart haha

btw marthsword does your sig seriously tell people to plus rep you? thats the dumbest thing i've ever seen lol

did you seriously minus rep me for saying that lol wtf
I never neg repped you, theres a glitch on my computer that only lets me positive rep me.
If anything I would positive rep you because I respect you.

vincentninja68

Smash Apprentice
I personally think Bowser is a great character to use against fox or falco,because of thier light weight and how fast they drop they can be easily combo'd by bowser's down smash and up smash,then fling em off the stage with a well placed forward air after an up throw,then proceed to edgeguard.

Smash Master
You guys are much more rrealistic than the Ness thread people. Thanks.

Smash Master
Yeah, technomancer, I know. I made this thread before Phanna's counter chart went up.

McCarver

Smash Rookie
Then it's probaly just me and how I play. I can beat every character who are level 9 but Ganon, so I thought he was a good counter.

McCarver

Smash Rookie
Yes, probaly. But there isn't much people I know who play SSBM.

I'm hoping to get a Wii soon though so I could play online.

marthsword

Smash Ace
Yes, probaly. But there isn't much people I know who play SSBM.

I'm hoping to get a Wii soon though so I could play online.
Just a tip that's been said many times before, don't play level 9s. They spam and are weird and have a playing style that no human has. Play lvl 1 - 5s.

Btw, who neg repped me?

McCarver

Smash Rookie
Just a tip that's been said many times before, don't play level 9s. They spam and are weird and have a playing style that no human has. Play lvl 1 - 5s.

Btw, who neg repped me?
Ahh, ok.

Thanks man.

I just got the game a monthish ago and I am still trying out diffrent guys and such. when I can, I am getting some games taped so I can get advice. I also found someone who plays SSBM so I should get better.

marthsword

Smash Ace
Ahh, ok.

Thanks man.

I just got the game a monthish ago and I am still trying out diffrent guys and such. when I can, I am getting some games taped so I can get advice. I also found someone who plays SSBM so I should get better.
Glad to hear it. Visit the regional zone of where you live in the tourney section, and find a tournament. That's the best way to get better, but maybe you feel you're not ready. See if it looks interesting to you ok?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
out of all the high tiered cahracters, i think only fox is a character that does not counter bowser, the rest sadly do, low tier, basically all but mewtwo, and a few others

whitewulf

Smash Apprentice
I think that bowser counters people who have only one way to recover, and do it slowly, he may not "counter" them, but if they are recovering and he is there, knowing what they are going to do, he certainly has a high chance of killing them...
but knowing that every other charecter can counter bowser....
you fill in the gaps lmao

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
It's odd, I find falco easier to play than fox as Bowser but that may just be because the friend I have doesn't know any better than to Fsmash the whole time.... Falco's recovery is much MUCH shorter then Fox's so that helps but then if you try to fair his sideB and screw up then, well, you're pretty much dead if you aren't above the stage.

whitewulf

Smash Apprentice
It's odd, I find falco easier to play than fox as Bowser but that may just be because the friend I have doesn't know any better than to Fsmash the whole time.... Falco's recovery is much MUCH shorter then Fox's so that helps but then if you try to fair his sideB and screw up then, well, you're pretty much dead if you aren't above the stage.
does he shl? because if he doesn't thats probably one reason why you're having such an easy time with a falco D:

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
does he shl? because if he doesn't thats probably one reason why you're having such an easy time with a falco D:
He doesn't do anything except Fsmash and dash attack lol :p Oh no wait he often does the good old sideB off the edge to death tactic or hits fair as he's off the edge meaning he can't recover... I wonder why he's easy to beat :p

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
you should up smash that falco out of your shield when he dash attacks into whatever you want

up smash out of shield is too good!

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
hmmm never thought of that... I thought you could only do upsmash out of shield, are the others done just by pressing the corresponding c-stick direction when you press up or is upsmash the only possible one?

I'm playing him today when he comes round so I'll try it out and record some stuff for my vid.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
if you could do other smash attacks out of shield that would be ridiculously broken lol even roy would have massive goodness with that, *FSMASH OUT OF SHIELD AUTO SWEETSPOT*

ex dee?

yeah

ex dee.

Top Bottom