• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Count to 50 Bob-ombs before Regular Users post!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
There's a large one in SoCal, I just lack enough skill / money / sense of community to be a notable part of it.

Oh and, 37 I guess.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oi the best way to get skill is to lose horribly and learn from it! I mean that's what I did. <3

And you'd get a sense of community as time goes on, y'know?

Money's harder though. Only do it every so often for now? :grin:

38 bob-ombs.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I get that, I mean I'm told I'm pretty good. But I suppose I'm sorta just average. My issue is my character preference I guess. I could learn a S tier character if I really wanted to, but I have no interest in learning characters for the sake of taking advantage of their better tech.

Sense of community is kinda lacking because of some of the more quirkier characters you find around. There's always a handful of good people, but availability has always been the bane of my ability to hang anywhere really. Lack of transportation kinda is a huge downer on it as well I guess.

Yeah, I'll be doing a customs tourney tomorrow and I am vowing to only use Gunner and Swordfighter. Might use R.O.B. if I feel under a certain disadvantage in some cases but I feel like the lack of match-up knowledge could be better for me in the long run.

39 explosives.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Gunner's really not that bad IMO, and Megaman is really good. Swordfighter is also heavily under-rated and ROB is not far from high tier, so I'd say go for it.

Remember I've been using the PK kids since 64 and Ness/Lucas have never been good until now, so it's more about doing the best with what you have, and the character gap in this game isn't so bad (at least not yet)

When I went to tournaments I found a lot of really cool people, perhaps the scenes are just different?

40 PK freezes

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I guess good goes a long way from great in many cases.

Eh, maybe I'm just making excuses.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
63 uppies :awesome:

Also AEM, you're a good smash player, and you'll only get better. As for your character choice, you can overcome most difficulties, and if you can't, that's why we have secondaries. :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom