• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Count to 50 Bob-ombs before Regular Users post!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Welp, being Magenta puts me on the other side

1 Bob-Omb

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
14, I'm not sure, but are you aware that the addition of July and August broke the count?
September-December are related to the Spanish ordinals for 7-10.
And are you aware that I'm one of the guys stopping the count?

Sorry for wrecking the count twice. I think it was for the better to let him know.....

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
There actually was a plan for a 13th month back then, though it never became a reality

Also for anyone curious, the 13th month would of been named sol, set between june and July, and would of been named after the sun

Winner-Bit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Twistbit
3DS FC
1977-0793-0839
Some calendars used to have 13 months and only four weeks per month. Totaling 364 days, the extra day would be reserved as sort of an "anti-taboo" day, where basically anyone could do whatever they wanted. Literally. No repercussions.

Not smart.

One of my favorite tales is that of Thoth, the Egyptian god, who bargained with the Moon Deity, Khonsu, at a game called Senet. His prize, if he won, was 1/72 of the moon's light, changing the Earth's yearly cycle of 360 days to 365 days. His motivation was that the Sky Goddess, Nut, was cursed to be unable to give birth during any of the original 360 days. By earning these extra five days, five children were born unto Nut: Isis, Osiris, Seth, Nephthys and Horus the Elder.

That's a short version, but the whole thing is actually very intriguing.

>inb4 banned for discussing "religion"?

Top Bottom