• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could Sonic get lost in brawl due to a certain other two characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe C

Smash Cadet
Tails and Knuckles to be exact. I remember when they were introduced into the Sonic series no one cared for Sonic anymore. Mainly everyone jumped on Knuckles. Could the same happen in Brawl?

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
no because Knuckles wont be playable...and Tails is an AT

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
well Tails and Knuckles are the only other Sonic characters that I want playable that I think have a chance.

But I thought it was the general opinion(not mine) that Tails was pretty low on the Sonic cool meter.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Sonic > Tails. He doesn't have a chance to steal any thunder from Sonic. Knuckles on the other hand...

Though they won't be playable. AT material, or maybe a Subspace cameo.

Spellman

Smash Ace
Tails "Miles" Prower. Anyone who has quotation marks in their name is good enough to be in Smash Bros., that's for sure.

No seriously, Tails is awesome.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Is Miles supposed to be his nickname? How come nobody calls him that then?
Actually, Miles is his real name. Tails is the nickname Sonic gave him. Since he's. . .y'know. . .deformed.

And either way, I'd rather not have Knuckles in Brawl, mostly because if we don't draw the line at Sonic, the next thing you know people will be starting Naruto For Brawl petitions.

Tails can come, though. He's Sonic's posse.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Tails "Miles" Prower. Anyone who has quotation marks in their name is good enough to be in Smash Bros., that's for sure.

No seriously, Tails is awesome.
Miles "Tails" Prower you mean. Tails is his nickname. Miles is his first name. Prower is his last name. Miles Prower (pun on miles per hour).

HolyNightmaren

Smash Rookie
Tails is more likely to be playable then Knuckles, but if the source are right Tails is supposed to be an Assist trophy so I don't know, would be awesome if he was playable though.

Hungry Gamer

Smash Apprentice
Actually, Miles is his real name. Tails is the nickname Sonic gave him. Since he's. . .y'know. . .deformed.

And either way, I'd rather not have Knuckles in Brawl, mostly because if we don't draw the line at Sonic, the next thing you know people will be starting Naruto For Brawl petitions.

Tails can come, though. He's Sonic's posse.
Or Luffy. One Piece IS the most popular manga in Japan.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Tails isn't going to be a AT. They didn't confirm it. Hes gonna be a Playable character, just u wait.
Sakurai said 2-3 third party characters in total. We got Snake and Sonic confirmed. If we even GET ANOTHER third party character, chances are it would be the most popular third party character under Sonic -- Megaman. I don't really care if he's in, but he's the most probable.

Tails and Knuckles will probably be AT's if they're even in.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
I agree. I figured that it would be like Ice Climbers, and Tails would tag along with Sonic. He's like incomplete without Tails, and Tails should have been his upB :<

Spellman

Smash Ace
Miles "Tails" Prower you mean. Tails is his nickname. Miles is his first name. Prower is his last name. Miles Prower (pun on miles per hour).
RIGHT. I knew when I was writing it that I forgot something. : )
I still stand by my comment, of course.

Joe C

Smash Cadet
Well Megaman and Samus are so much alike with the arm cannon. I would rather have someone like Simon Belmont with the whip but then again he would be alot like Zero Suit Samus. How bout Cloud!? Another guy with a sword!!

Nnnk

Smash Rookie
Or Luffy. One Piece IS the most popular manga in Japan.
Actually Slam Dunk was. More so than One Piece, Naruto and DBZ (seperate, not together) get your facts right. If you don't believe me check Wikipeida and the newest US Shonen Jump.

Anyway there is no way Tails or Knuckles will get in as a playable character. Classic Megaman or Bomberman will take up the last spot. They are the most likely. Capcom and Hudson have been teaming up with Nintendo for years. Capcom made the LoZ: Oracle GBC games and Hudson has made most, if not all, of the Mario Party games. Besides, Bomberman and Wario have already appeared in the same game, Wario Blast for the GB, so Tails and Knuckles are out.

When you are thinking about videogames you have to set your fanboyism aside and think of the logical answer.

At Joe C: Cloud wasn't on a Nintendo system so he's out. And Megaman and Samus aren't that much alike. Movesets aren't the problem in Brawl. No matter how much it seems like two characters could be alike the Brawl team will make them play different.

For example in SSB64 Fox and Captain Falcon had to get movesets made from thin air. Most of Ness's attacks were transferred from 2d RPG to 3d fighter, along with Pikachu and Jigglypuff.
In short the Brawl team is creative and movesets will set no limits on characters, only logic sets limits.

Sprigginz_Caldo

Smash Apprentice
Meh, I doubt Tails will even be an AT. I'm sorta skeptical on that statement.

I'm pretty confident that Sonic will be the only Sega rep to join the Brawl.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I could see Knuckles in, but they would probably make him a lot slower than Sonic. He might be a little slower than Marth and make him really powerful.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Actually Slam Dunk was. More so than One Piece, Naruto and DBZ (seperate, not together) get your facts right. If you don't believe me check Wikipeida and the newest US Shonen Jump.

Anyway there is no way Tails or Knuckles will get in as a playable character. Classic Megaman or Bomberman will take up the last spot. They are the most likely. Capcom and Hudson have been teaming up with Nintendo for years. Capcom made the LoZ: Oracle GBC games and Hudson has made most, if not all, of the Mario Party games. Besides, Bomberman and Wario have already appeared in the same game, Wario Blast for the GB, so Tails and Knuckles are out.

When you are thinking about videogames you have to set your fanboyism aside and think of the logical answer.

At Joe C: Cloud wasn't on a Nintendo system so he's out. And Megaman and Samus aren't that much alike. Movesets aren't the problem in Brawl. No matter how much it seems like two characters could be alike the Brawl team will make them play different.

For example in SSB64 Fox and Captain Falcon had to get movesets made from thin air. Most of Ness's attacks were transferred from 2d RPG to 3d fighter, along with Pikachu and Jigglypuff.
In short the Brawl team is creative and movesets will set no limits on characters, only logic sets limits.
Most of what you say is true, except Cloud. Many people for some reason to think Clouds appearence in the GBA Kingdom Hearts is a good arguement. So Cloud HAS been on a Nintendo system, just not a good enough arguement. Final Fantasy 6 and below characters have a better chance than Cloud. But still, Bomberman, Megaman, and Pac-Man are the last few classic major video game stars left.

Your also wrong about most of Jigglypuff and Pikachu. Smash Bros follows the Pokemon Anime, which is where they got the voices, and why they used Pikachu. Jigglypuff I can only guess was just a widely liked occasional guest star. Mewtwo is the main villain of the Pokemon series, so it was only logic for him to be included. Thank god Brawl doesn't follow the Pokemon Anime, or we would of gotten Ash. But I fear Ash's annoying voice will still be doing Red. Anyway, my arguement here is, most of the moves the Pokemon got in Smash were used from the anime. So basically Ness is the only character whose moves had to transfer from a 2D RPG, to a 2D Fighter.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
I don't believe Knuckles or Tails will make it into Brawl though I wouldn't be surprised to see them in another Smash game if they make one. They could make it in as AT but I don't even see that happening.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
I don't think either will steal any thunder, as Sonic's almost CERTAINLY the only SEGA playable character. If they were to add another, I'd personally want it to be NiGHTS, just for the sake of pure uniqueness. Tails is probably more likely, though, even though neither is particularly likely. 3rd Party slots won't be wasted on giving a company more than one, I'm sure.

People who say Knuckles should be playable just annoy me. Shadow's playability is even worse, though. XP

SmirkySmirker

Smash Rookie
If there is any other Sonic character they should include it would be Knuckles. The new Glide technique fits him perfectly. He will probably be an unlockable.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Tails and Knuckles to be exact. I remember when they were introduced into the Sonic series no one cared for Sonic anymore. Mainly everyone jumped on Knuckles. Could the same happen in Brawl?
No.

And for all of you who think Tails and Knuckles have a chance...well, you just make me really, really sad. Where's your common sense people?

Joe C

Smash Cadet
People talking about "wasting 3rd party slots". Who gives two ****s about Bomberman and PacMan? Tails and Knuckles are so much more interesting then those two generic *******.

Shark X

Smash Lord
People talking about "wasting 3rd party slots". Who gives two ****s about Bomberman and PacMan? Tails and Knuckles are so much more interesting then those two generic *******.
I give two ****s about Bomberman! >.<

And I wouldn't be talking about generic ******* since Mario has been confirmed as a playable character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom