• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could Someone Explain Wolf Dashing To Me As Well As Other Wolf Techniques?

dprim3

Smash Rookie
I main Wolf. I'm the sort that trains a lot against a group of friends but is yet to enter a tournament. I've heard they're a great experience, and I look forward to the Toronto tournament this weekend.

Anyway, I've heard about a technique called Wolf Dashing but can't find any description on it on the Internet, so I'd appreciate some help in regards to that. Further if you have any general advice about Wolf, that'd be cool.

Or flame me and direct me to the thread where these issues are discussed. I really don't mind the flaming so long as I get the link too.

(PS I'm new so sorry if there's some implicit stupidity in where how and what I'm saying that I'm not aware of.)

Wolf8

Smash Rookie
As far as i know, It's when you dash, down-c stick and then instantly do up-Z, youll slide across the stage and do an upsmash. I might be wrong though.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
welcome to the smash community. ive never heard of wolf dashing, its probably called something different over there.
in the thread below it shows all the known techniques that wolf has under the "Advance techniques" title.
ne ways good luck in the tournament, represent the wolf community well

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164483

Alain

Smash Cadet
I do not think that wolfdash exists. There is a snakedash (dash immediate cstickdown, immediate cstick up: therefore snake slides across the map with his mortar) you could find out how to properly do in the snake threads. Interesting you ask because someone taught me snakedash in person and in passing said he heard wolf could do a move just like it ( i would imagine wolfdash ). I actually spent a good 30mins today trying what would be snakedash on wolf and nothing came out however, don't let failure be daunting you try it too.

You really have three options, one you could learn snakedash and try to duplicate on wolf .. two you could go to www.allisbrawl.com and ask them or ....three you can research and make up this move..
Good Luck!

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
I do not think that wolfdash exists. There is a snakedash (dash immediate cstickdown, immediate cstick up: therefore snake slides across the map with his mortar) you could find out how to properly do in the snake threads. Interesting you ask because someone taught me snakedash in person and in passing said he heard wolf could do a move just like it ( i would imagine wolfdash ). I actually spent a good 30mins today trying what would be snakedash on wolf and nothing came out however, don't let failure be daunting you try it too.

You really have three options, one you could learn snakedash and try to duplicate on wolf .. two you could go to www.allisbrawl.com and ask them or ....three you can research and make up this move..
Good Luck!
wolf and snake have a dash attack cancel, but snake only has the snake dash, wolf has no such move.

snake dash is when u use your dashing attack and it actually hits, then u fling up the c stick up. unfortunately wolf doesnt have this.

Snake and wolf have a dash attack cancel (DAC) which is run> c-stick down> and z up at the correct frame.

this gets some getting use to, ive been practicing for months and can only do it bout 70% time on command during friendlies and like 40% of the time in tournaments

kattenberg

Smash Rookie
snake only has the snake dash, wolf has no such move.

snake dash is when u use your dashing attack and it actually hits, then u fling up the c stick up. unfortunately wolf doesnt have this.
How about Falco's dash attack into immediate upsmash, snake isn't the only one.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
It's a relatively small window. But from a Dash you press Down on the C stick, Up on the analog stick, and Z at the EXACT SAME TIME. You'll know you're close if you grab and you hear Wolf's growl as if you had done his Dash attack.

And I just call it DCU (Dash cancelled Upsmash) =P

madattack

Smash Rookie
I switched attack to Z and grab to A, which makes it really easy to pull off. I'm still trying to figure out how this setup effects everything else, though.

Top Bottom