• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could Banjo-Kazooie be coming back to Nintendo this E3?

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Hear me out, we don't know the unannounced Wii U Title thats going to be announced.

Microsoft has done NOTHING with Banjo Kazooie for the better part of a decade.

You think Maybe Banjo and Kazooie game is the unannounced title and are characters in Smash 4?

A hunch tells me I hope this is correct.....

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
If there's any reason for Microsoft to do their own ssb clone, it's to shut up the BK hopefuls.

Samuel Intrater

Smash Apprentice
Obviously that would be a dream come true, but Microsoft literally owns all rights to Banjo and Kazooie, and I highly doubt they would give those rights to one of their competing companies to use in their most-hyped game. Plus, Banjo and Kazooie in Smash could make people go out and buy the Banjo games for Xbox, which obviously Nintendo doesn't want.

It would be incredible, but don't get your hopes up.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
I can see Nintendo trying to buy the character rights back but yeah, doubt Microsoft would let it happen.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Don't try and get my hopes up this way.

Every time someone mentions Banjo or Conker, I want to cry.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I get you're trying to extend this to Smash, but this topic belongs much more in the Light House forum.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
The theory was reliant of the surprisingly long silence coming from Rare, this has since been quashed by Kinect Sports The Rival DLC. Rare are not coming back, atleast not this E3, and Banjo is part of that DLC so they haven't sold the franchise rights either.

It's not happening.

Last edited:

Toukans

Smash Rookie
Conker made an appearance in Microsofts E3. I thought it was pretty cute.... except for why he was there. Which is just a character you can play in the game Spark I guess.
If you didn't catch what he said, he said something like "I haven't had a game in 10 years! Guess we have to make one."

In the least, it's SOME sign of life with Rare. Not the best, but something.

Top Bottom