• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could a Link...

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yeah, definitely. I beat Foxes left and right with Link. Fox is probably one of the worst characters in the game.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
If you've seen aniki's link vs masashi's fox.then ya,but the link player has to have the right skills

Skler

Smash Master
He could, depending on the stage and if they know the matchup. Would he win the SET against the fox? Probably not. Same skill on neutral stages Fox > Link.

cradmazy_SKAG

Smash Ace
fox *and falco* gets comboed by link fairly well. i have success w D-smash or uptilt combos into a B-up spike near the egde. if fox is in range to get back to the ledge, either ledgehog or jump off the cliff with a neutral kick.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Correct Deva, I was being completely sarcastic.

M3RC... I use Fox a little also:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2WdeRvDUt3o
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eV7L48D5Gt8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H777UkXonv0

I have more... but those are just me vs Link. BTW I have only been "using him" for about 4 months and Aesir has been using Link for over 1 year... and I don't think I lost vs his Link once.

So, I guess you could call it my "real" answer is, yes a high level Link can beat a high level Fox... however, your Link must be beyond amazing aka Aniki.

EDIT::

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I dont play fox but jesus christ are you wrong.
I guess since my post just owned you, I'm going to return the favor... *points and :laugh:*

demonsbane105

Smash Journeyman
if you ask me i really don't know. once has range, the other has speed. in the right hands, i would have to say link has the upper hand, although that hand isn't too far higher than fox.

Joner

Smash Cadet
On any even stage like FD: Only with the link playing at the top of his ability, and not having any bad luck at all.
I beat all my fox friends, but they really ain't grown in skill at all when compared to me this last year...
Well, one of them has, but he really, really, REALLY sucked a year ago :p

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Link playing at the top of his ability? aka, perfect? I'm pretty sure any character played perfectly can beat anyone else. I guess we should just say if Link is being played better than how the opponent space animal is, he can win.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
fox *and falco* gets comboed by link fairly well. i have success w D-smash or uptilt combos into a B-up spike near the egde. if fox is in range to get back to the ledge, either ledgehog or jump off the cliff with a neutral kick.
did the players you were playing know what DI is? i would guess not...

Joner

Smash Cadet
Link playing at the top of his ability? aka, perfect? I'm pretty sure any character played perfectly can beat anyone else. I guess we should just say if Link is being played better than how the opponent space animal is, he can win.
No, the player's ability, not the character's...

Top Bottom