• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Costume Glitch

Toadoroki

Smash Rookie
Nothing game breaking, but just amusing. Sometimes when playing quickplay my character will just change colors between the waiting area and the actual fight. Doesn't happen very often but is good for a laugh. I even got a completely different colored Ridley on the victory animation while playing Elite Smash. Reminds me of when SSB4 would bug out with weird stages online or have the match in the blank area where you test controls. Anyone else have chameleon characters?

Syprone

Smash Cadet
This happened to me once. When going online to test characters out, I was playing as K Rool and went from Color 6 to default after my first battle. I was confused.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I hate it since the last thing I want is for someone to assume that I'm some uncultured little kid only using the default skins.

Sans3546

Smash Cadet
i have played enough online to know it's a rare occurrence to see my skin be forcibly chanced on me.

this is at least the case in quick play at 500k gsp. it's only happened to me once in thousands of battles.

Greator

Smash Rookie
This happens multiple times per day and it's especially annoying with characters like Robin and Corrin when it changes the gender to male which I don't like to play with at all.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
I've had it happen but I think it's more frequent in characters with alternate forms as I've had it with :ultvillager: like 3-4 times, :ultike: like 2 times, and :ultwiifittrainer: like 2 times.

But this also could be cause characters like :ultgreninja: or :ultincineroar: or :ultlittlemac: or :ultpeach: or :ultolimar: I use default often as well. Meanwhile I go for Yellow Male Villager, RD Ikes, and Male WFTs so I usually am not default ever.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
This happened to me just yesterday while I was using Palutena. It wasn't that bad since all of Palutena's alts are beautiful.

Top Bottom