• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So, if anybody hasn't heard about the exact changes done to skinship, here you go
Also, Japanese VAs were appearntly removed but that doesn't really bother me

Weird that they nerfed Bowser, really unexpected.

Also Armagon Armagon what do you mean by "cancelling" the Dragon Lunge? Maybe I am misunderstanding but why is pushing
:GCR:+:GCA:
(direction+a)
for the kick not the best option?
Remember in the direct when Sakurai said that after pinning the opponent down, you can do a front kick, back kick, jump or cancel. What does he mean by "cancel"?

Nah

Smash Champion
I did this with Downthrow though. Going to lab to see which one is better soon. I come from a history of Samus and Pacman so it's nice to play a character that has kill throws, let alone 2 XD
You killed a Bowser at 116 with Dthrow? Did you have rage and/or were on a platform? Cuz when I was in training mode Uthrow and Dthrow didn't kill Mario till like ~155 no rage on Omega Coliseum, and it seems to me like Uthrow is the better one since you can DI Dthrow more. Though I might wanna double check too.

SuperDavio

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDavio
3DS FC
1633-4266-1971
You killed a Bowser at 116 with Dthrow? Did you have rage and/or were on a platform? Cuz when I was in training mode Uthrow and Dthrow didn't kill Mario till like ~155 no rage on Omega Coliseum, and it seems to me like Uthrow is the better one since you can DI Dthrow more. Though I might wanna double check too.
Coliseum has (as of no Umbra Clock tower) the second highest ceiling of all omegas. Dunno if that affects results.

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
i've had up throw kill at around the 120% range on final destination and down throw kill on omega flat zone at around 130%

C3CC

Smash Lord
So why the hell did Corrin kill me at the center of the stage (me being Mewtwo) at only 77% with his Forward Smash, and he had no rage??

Also, my impressions on Corrin after fighting him for the first time (I'm not planning on buying him):

-He can rack up damage absurdly quickly.
-His victory pose when he transforms into the dragon is easily the best in the whole game.
-The female version's voice acting is absolutely horrible, up there with Lucina.
-I think he's very uncharismatic. That could change if I played his game, though.
-I just love how bored and unexcited the announcer sounds when saying his name.
-His entrance to the stage is awesome.

Nah

Smash Champion
Oh huh, that might explain some things. I've been practicing on Omega Coliseum as of late because I love the new music.
same here lol

So why the hell did Corrin kill me at the center of the stage (me being Mewtwo) at only 77% with his Forward Smash, and he had no rage??
Fsmash (and Usmash and the back hit of Dsmash) all have a tipper effect, and given how light Mewtwo is....

C3CC

Smash Lord
Fsmash (and Usmash and the back hit of Dsmash) all have a tipper effect, and given how light Mewtwo is....
You just answered your own question.

Mewtwo's like the 3rd lightest in the game.
He dies early.
But I was at the center of the stage!!! I would get it if we were near the edge, if I had had 90%+ damage or if he had charged it, but none of those things occurred! Just a normal Forward Smash at the middle of the stage at a bare 77%! There must be something wrong...

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Of all the colors I tried out, my favorite has got to be the orange one or as I like to call it, Citrus Femui!

Screen Shot 2016-02-05 at 9.18.16 AM.png

Nah

Smash Champion
But I was at the center of the stage!!! I would get it if we were near the edge, if I had had 90%+ damage or if he had charged it, but none of those things occurred! Just a normal Forward Smash at the middle of the stage at a bare 77%! There must be something wrong...
Was there any charge on the Fsmash? Or maybe you DI'd poorly? idk, I'll go stab Mewtwo a bit later and see what happens, I need to test more when Dthrow and Uthrow kill on various stages/characters anyway.

D

Deleted member

I just realized Corrin is the only character in the series besides :squirtle: and :4charizard: (in Brawl, and in Smash 4 until dthrow was reworked as a combo throw) to have a KOing down throw.

Last edited by a moderator:

ViralN9

Smash Cadet
So, I can say that getting hit by Counter Surge at 50-60% while mid-air is a death sentence. At least for things around Bayonetta's weight class.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Which version of Fates should I get? Nohr has that Camilla chick...and the bewbs, while the other has something inresting about the story(Idk how the 3rd Route Revelations works out though)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Which version of Fates should I get? Nohr has that Camilla chick...and the bewbs, while the other has something inresting about the story(Idk how the 3rd Route Revelations works out though)
Well depends really Conquest is harder and Birthright is the easier of the 2 paths.

Revelations is a path to not vilify either side.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Super bothered Europe has yet to get a release date. I've barely heard anything about it either.

Maybe I'll just replay Path of Radiance or even Binding Blade or something...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well depends really Conquest is harder and Birthright is the easier of the 2 paths.

Revelations is a path to not vilify either side.
But is Revelations dlc or not, and do I get any of the characters from either side of the game?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It is dlc and you get everyone from both sides.
Yes, I can still marry Camilla even if I get the Hoshido version(I'm feeling like that one would be better for the story)

Though Nohr has the better version of Aqua's song

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Hey there, Kamui's!
I guess I'll pester you around, like I did occasionally with robin and others. Hope you don't mind.

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
First impressions of Corrin:

-Entrance animation is awesome
-Victory pose where he transforms is the best in the series, bar none
-Great aerials (aside from maybe Dair, but it still has its uses), with Uair being nearly on par with Rosalina's
-Fsmash could be quicker but otherwise it's pretty solid
-Dsmash good for catching rolls
-Usmash is very situational, but tipper kills early
-Counter Surge is hilariously strong, probably the best in the game IMO
-Male Corrin sounds like a complete dork don't kill me
-Female Corrin has the best color palettes, with gold/black looking the best of all

All in all, I'm rather impressed =)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yes, I can still marry Camilla even if I get the Hoshido version(I'm feeling like that one would be better for the story)

Though Nohr has the better version of Aqua's song
You can't marry Camilla in Birthright she's a boss unit.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So, if anybody hasn't heard about the exact changes done to skinship, here you go
Also, Japanese VAs were appearntly removed but that doesn't really bother me
Am I the only one who vastly prefers this over the original method? It's like you are really communicating with them instead all touchy touchy feely like a maniac.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Was there any charge on the Fsmash? Or maybe you DI'd poorly? idk, I'll go stab Mewtwo a bit later and see what happens, I need to test more when Dthrow and Uthrow kill on various stages/characters anyway.
No, he didn't charge it in the slightest. I really don't understand why that thing hit me so freaking hard.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Am I the only one who vastly prefers this over the original method? It's like you are really communicating with them instead all touchy touchy feely like a maniac.
I agree completely with you. This feels more like what real people would do.

Top Bottom