• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

SubconsciousRose

Smash Cadet
Theory talk time!

With the recent announcement by Nintendo that Bayonetta 2 would release as a "stand-alone" game on Feb. 19th, their message for the announcement was basically to "play her game before playing her in Smash."

As Fates-enthusiasts all know, Fire Emblem: Fates releases on the same date.

So does this mean the theory behind Sakurai's initial statement where he talks about playing Corrin in Sm4sh "before" playing Fire Emblem: Fates isn't exactly "before" the game's release date, but something along the lines of "before you consider getting the game"?

Or does this mean Corrin and Bayonetta will have different release dates?
Considering Sakurai's words on that, I'd be willing to bet his intended date for Corrin+Bayo release is around a week or so before the 19th. Well at least that's kind of what I'm hoping for because labbing Corrin+Bayo/Fates/potentially getting Bayonetta 2 all in a singular day is a bit too much for me to handle having there all at one time.

Alsogeneralhellosincebeenlurkingthisthreadforawhilebutneverposteduntilnow
Realizing I said at least twice in a sentence and that I'm tired whoops

Last edited:

Aqua Admin Shelly

Smash Apprentice
I should hope we get Corrin early February, I hate waiting :/

Still not as bad as the "we're going to announce Mewtwo in October but not tell anyone anything about him until April!" wait though.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
I should hope we get Corrin early February, I hate waiting :/

Still not as bad as the "we're going to announce Mewtwo in October but not tell anyone anything about him until April!" wait though.
Oh God yes. It also didn't help Mewtwo was initially subpar at the time, too.

Luis1234554321

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luis-Dui
3DS FC
0259-0603-2596
I talked about my favorite child units in Awakening, maybe I should point out my overall top 5 favorite characters in Awakening and they are Tharja, Lucina, Sumia, Panne and, believe it or not, Stahl.
Stahl is my favorite characterXD
I like Olivia Inigo Henry and Owain too

Maybe we could get Corrin/Bayonetta on Feb 19 is before Fates and after Bayonetta 2

Last edited:

BellaLunaWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
BellaLunaWolf
3DS FC
5026-4611-0782
Personally I'm hoping that Corrin and Bayonetta will release at least a week before February 19th. I've been anticipating Fates for a year and am going to play it day one and not put it down for a good long while, probably... haha. But I notice a lot of things for Nintendo are happening on February 19th aside from the Fates release. Bayonetta 2 will be reprinted as a stand-alone game in North America, and the Nintendo Store in NYC is going to reopen that day with special events after a month renovations. Is the 19th some kind of special day?

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Nintendo and Team Soul have got to get together and make a "Soul Emblem".
If you're referring to Soul Calibur for the Soul part, I'd be down for it....so long as Patroklos stays as far away from it as possible.

ZafKiel

Smash Apprentice
Going to broke after all the new DLC and Fates (gotta get them all at once)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
A Soul Calibur game with only Fire Emblem characters in it? I'm down with that.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
If you're referring to Soul Calibur for the Soul part, I'd be down for it....so long as Patroklos stays as far away from it as possible.
So much yes! I absolutely HATED him as a 'Hero.' I even sold the game because I was so sick of his arrogant attitude and outright murder without any real justification in the story mode. Patroklos was an absolutely atrocious character. He needs to be cut in to halves or quarters if there's a SoulCalibur VI.

I won't object to a Fire Emblem styled SoulCalibur game, but I do admit that the only reason why I have an interest in the series was because of the crossovers with Legend of Zelda and Assassin's Creed with Ezio.

Last edited:

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
So much yes! I absolutely HATED him as a 'Hero.' I even sold the game because I was so sick of his arrogant attitude and outright murder without any real justification in the story mode. Patroklos was an absolutely atrocious character. He needs to be cut in to halves or quarters if there's a SoulCalibur VI.
Basically this. All of this. I never bought Soul Calibur V(Nor will I ever), but I watched the story mode and was basically disgusted at this character. In fact, the commentators were even making fun of him. For good reason, lol. "OMG MALFESTED! YEAH I KILLED THAT MALFESTED AND JUSTICE IS SERVED!" And by the time he "matures", you're already sick of his crap.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
Syalla. The wannabe Tharaj
Thanks for tipping me off on who to purposely let die. No yanderes allowed on my forces.

...anyway, if there is a Soul Calibur/Witcher/Skyrim-like spin-off of Fire Emblem, I'd buy it. Assuming we would have quite the character customization to get along with it, that is.

Also, I'm dropping this:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Chiming in on the Severa fans, I like her because her gimmick works. She's just too snarky, so I can't stand her, but then she shows her "sweet side" and I start feeling pity for her and forgive her... until I realize that I just fell for her facade just like the characters in the game. While they're obviously both parts of her character, I honestly can't say for sure which side of Severa is the "true side" and I think that she's written well because of that.

Guys, guys: Emblem Warriors.
Could work for a Dynasty Warriors-based spin-off.
I want this so badly. I'm a recoverying Hyrule Warriors addict, so this would be fantastic. I'd immediately main Lucina, but Chrom, Robin, Ephraim, and Caeda are all so tempting... of the obvious choices. If Gordin, Owain, Inigo, or Merric were able to sneak in there, I'd be unable to play any other game for quite some time.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Chiming in on the Severa fans, I like her because her gimmick works. She's just too snarky, so I can't stand her, but then she shows her "sweet side" and I start feeling pity for her and forgive her... until I realize that I just fell for her facade just like the characters in the game. While they're obviously both parts of her character, I honestly can't say for sure which side of Severa is the "true side" and I think that she's written well because of that.

I want this so badly. I'm a recoverying Hyrule Warriors addict, so this would be fantastic. I'd immediately main Lucina, but Chrom, Robin, Ephraim, and Caeda are all so tempting... of the obvious choices. If Gordin, Owain, Inigo, or Merric were able to sneak in there, I'd be unable to play any other game for quite some time.
Hopefully Our Boy would make it in. Lyn, Hector, maybe someone unexpected like Pent, Jaffar, or Karel. And, like, Merlinus as a joke character. Ephraim, Eirika, maybe Marisa.
At least a couple of the siblings from each side of Fates, plus Kaze, and a customizable Corrin.
For Awakening, I'd want Chrom, Lucina, Lissa, Tharja, Owain, Lon'qu, Cherche (from wyvernback), and a customizable Robin.

Now I'm sad because this game doesn't exist :/

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Hopefully Our Boy would make it in. Lyn, Hector, maybe someone unexpected like Pent, Jaffar, or Karel. And, like, Merlinus as a joke character. Ephraim, Eirika, maybe Marisa.
At least a couple of the siblings from each side of Fates, plus Kaze, and a customizable Corrin.
For Awakening, I'd want Chrom, Lucina, Lissa, Tharja, Owain, Lon'qu, Cherche (from wyvernback), and a customizable Robin.

Now I'm sad because this game doesn't exist :/
I've got some preferences...

Realistic FE8: Ephraim, Eirika, and Innes
Dream FE8: Franz, Amelia, Lute

Realistic FE11/12: Marth, Caeda, Omga
Dream FE11/12: Gordin, Merric, Julian

Realistic FE13: Chrom, Lucina, Robin, Lissa, Freddy Bear (maybe)
Dream FE13: Owain, Inigo, Henry

Realistic FE14: Corrin, Xander, Ryouma, Camilla/Leo (I say Leo, but it's already a sa... bro party), Takumi, Azura (too many here)
Dream FE14: Odin, Lazward, Ophelia, Felicia, Jakob

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Idea: The main characters of each FE game get their own character slots while the non main characters are alts for classes, like Soren is an alt for a mage, Lissa for a cleric, etc...

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Idea: The main characters of each FE game get their own character slots while the non main characters are alts for classes, like Soren is an alt for a mage, Lissa for a cleric, etc...
Could work, so long as the characters get to keep their individual voices/personalites.

Also, Tiki. Tiki would need to be playable.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Could work, so long as the characters get to keep their individual voices/personalites.

Also, Tiki. Tiki would need to be playable.
How'd I forget her? Yes, she needs to be there (along with Anna). I hope that she gets both adult and child versions too!

All those VAs... they'd never be able to keep track of them! Still, it'd be fantastic if it worked out and I love that idea... although I can't see Lissa's War Cleric being anything generic.

Last edited:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
How'd I forget her? Yes, she needs to be there (along with Anna). I hope that she gets both adult and child versions too!

All those VAs... they'd never be able to keep track of them! Still, it'd be fantastic if it worked out and I love that idea... although I can't see Lissa's War Cleric being anything generic.
Isn't Lissa the only main War Cleric though? I'm sure that they could think of something.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I guess I'll just say some of my preferences if this becomes a thing.

Realistic FE7: Lyn, Eliwood (with or without his horse), Hector, Markus(?), Nergal( as a villain), Athos (?).
Dream FE7: Oswin, Canas, Pent/Erk, Florina, Rebecca, Lucius, and Rebecca.

Realistic FE14: Corrin, Azura, Ryoma, Xander, Takumi, Camilla, Leo, Hinoka
Dream FE14: Odin, Oboro.
And, like, Merlinus as a joke character. .
You know, now I have the idea of having Merlinus basically being your base, considering you want to defend both in each games.
Except they could possibly have not absolute garbage defenses.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The roster for "Soul Emblem" as I'd like would be
  1. Marth(P2 Lucina)
  2. Ike
  3. Roy(P2 Eliwood)
  4. Robin
  5. Chrom
  6. Corrin
  7. Azura
  8. Lyn
  9. Hector
  10. Ephraim
  11. Micaiah
  12. Tana
  13. Black Knight
  14. Gangrel
  15. Tiki
  16. Anna
  17. Owain
  18. Severa
  19. Soren
:p

I mean it could change a bit but I think it's fairly solid.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Mine
Fe6 real Roy Lilina dream Fae
FE7 real eliwood (maybe alternate to roy?) Lyn hector Athos Dream Nino Jaffar Ninian (as a ice dragon)
FE8 Real eirika epharim Innes dream Amelia Franz Ewan
FE 9 real Ike Elincia Titania/Greil? Zelgius Dream Illyana Soren Mia Rolf Nasir
FE 1O Real Sothe Micaiah Yune Dream Sanaki Sephiran Freakingashera
FE 12 real: Marth Caeda Dream: meric Kris Katarina
FE 13 Real Chrom Lucina (alt marth?) Robin Lissa Dream Owain Inigo Nah Morgan (both genders using pair up)
FE 14 all "onii/onee-chans except Camila and Takumi + azura+ corrin+ Kanna

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
But the Dynasty Warrior games are boring. Fire Emblem should have a Soul Calibur style game.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
All this talk of what different types of games we'd want to see the Fire Emblem characters in, but let's be honest- what we really want is another Smash Bros dedicated to just Fire Emblem characters.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
My opinion on the matter of what a crossover would be better for Fire Emblem...

Demons n-no wait...Idols! Yes, Idol--

OH WAIT.

:4pacman: Welp.

Top Bottom