• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Can I just say that Corrin is like my spirit animal; he ignores very important life decisions to play Smash.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Can I just say that Corrin is like my spirit animal; he ignores very important life decisions to play Smash.
Corrin: Smash is my family now!

My brother noted that after getting stuck on choosing which path to take, the moment Smash appeared, he immediately darted to it. It was almost as if it was the easiest decision of his life.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Been playing some Smash lately with the new DLC, and... Dang it, the game just feels empty without Corrin now. Why can't he come sooner? :crying:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I knooow like I was excited about the Cloud release last month....but Corrin, I don't think any character has made me want something so badly in this game.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Corrin is honestly the most relateable Super Smash Bros. character. :cool:
Corrin: Smash is my family now!

My brother noted that after getting stuck on choosing which path to take, the moment Smash appeared, he immediately darted to it. It was almost as if it was the easiest decision of his life.
I mean. it's certainly a lot easier then having to choose between one of your two families. I think it says a lot about Corrin's character that he would rather do anything than fight either of his family.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I looked into the English lyrics of Aqua's song. This is what I got.

You are the ocean’s great waves
Destined to seek
Life beyond the shore
Just out of reach

Yet the waters ever change
Flowing like time
That path is
Yours to climb

In the white light
A hand reaches through
A double-edged blade cuts your heart in two
Makes the dreams fade away
Embrace the brand new day

Sing with me a song
Of birthrights and love
That light scatters to the sky above
Dawn breaks through the moon
White as a bone
Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Life is not just....

Last edited:

Patriot Duck

Smash Apprentice
It just occurred to me that Kirby using Corrin's neutral B will be a very strange sight.

Last edited:

DBZHedgy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1736-4241-7885
I'm pretty hype for Corrin, but am I the only one that thought that his intro was like really tacked on?

There were a few more creative intros for DLC characters, Lucas', Roy's, Ryu's, Bayonetta's.
Mewtwo and Cloud were meh, but they weren't like Corrins.

It's just that it has a nod to fates, but it's like completely irrelevant to him joining Smash. It feels really slapt in there, at least to me.

Despite that though, literally everything else about the trailer made me soooo excited tbh

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I looked into the English lyrics of Aqua's song. This is what I got.

You are the ocean’s great waves
Destined to seek
Life beyond the shore
Just out of reach

Yet the waters ever change
Flowing like time
That path is
Yours to climb

In the white light
A hand reaches through
A double-edged blade cuts your heart in two
Makes the dreams fade away
Embrace the brand new day

Sing with me a song
A birthrights and love
That light scatters to the sky above
Dawn breaks through the moon
White as a bone
Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Life is not just....
I've been meaning to do this myself and you just made my life a lot easier! One correction is that I think that it should be "a song of birthrights..." instead of "a song a birthrights..." but everything else looks perfect

Interesting how the song is about "Birthrights" and mentions "White as bone." Since both of them are Hoshidan imagery, I wonder if other lyrics in it reference "Black" and "Conquest?" I know that both sides get a different version of the same song at one point, but this main theme seems to be in both versions. It'd be odd to have it reference Hoshido and not Nohr.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I'm pretty hype for Corrin, but am I the only one that thought that his intro was like really tacked on?

There were a few more creative intros for DLC characters, Lucas', Roy's, Ryu's, Bayonetta's.
Mewtwo and Cloud were meh, but they weren't like Corrins.

It's just that it has a nod to fates, but it's like completely irrelevant to him joining Smash. It feels really slapt in there, at least to me.

Despite that though, literally everything else about the trailer made me soooo excited tbh
I don't agree. Corrin's intro was fancier than the one for Cloud, Bayonetta, Ryu, Roy, Lucas, AND Mewtwo. By far the fanciest intro for any DLC character. Cloud and Ryu's would be in second place, I think, but it's a distant second.

Last edited:

DBZHedgy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1736-4241-7885
I don't mean to say that it looks bad, or is bad, it just feels like it's unnecessary.

Why even bother with the whole beginning bit in the first place. It's just completely irrelevant. I liked how Bayonetta's and Lucas' and Roy's had some buildup to it that could be related to the game and the character at the same time.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I don't mean to say that it looks bad, or is bad, it just feels like it's unnecessary.

Why even bother with the whole beginning bit in the first place. It's just completely irrelevant. I liked how Bayonetta's and Lucas' and Roy's had some buildup to it that could be related to the game and the character at the same time.
Why do you say it's irrelevant? It's placed their to be a shout out to the big choice Corrin (and you the player) have to make, and ties Smash into the world of FE Fates. So I thought it was a kind of cheesy, but also a fun and creative way of referencing that choice while also adding some story into Corrin's choice to join Smash.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
wait a minute....

Last edited:

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
I'm not sure if this particular 6 minute long vocal-less remix has been shared here yet, but ever since finding it yesterday, I've been having it running in my Winamp playlist for what seemed like hours at a time (including today) (downloadable link to it is inside its description), long enough to have inspired me to write a whole terribad self-RP scene over here yesterday (http://smashboards.com/threads/the-official-conquest-thread.390400/page-6#post-20616664). XD;
I think I'm actually more hooked on this song than I first thought, since I keep finding numerous occasions to use it, including right here right now, during the making of this very post.... X3;

I may not have ever even HEARD of Corrin, prior to the Direct, but despite that, I'm definitely hype about him being in Sm4sh, and once he comes out, I'll definitely pick him up, along with Bayonetta. And I'll certainly try to have both versions of Aqua's Song fully maxed out in frequency if possible (the vocal-less version will likely be the one to survive the scrutiny of my 2nd youngest bro (I'm the youngest of 4 bros) and his wife). While Corrin MIGHT be one of my tertiaries (more likely to be one of my numerous secondaries, IMO), Bayo is probably going to be higher up on my secondaries list to the point of vying for the Top 3 Main spots that Jr, DH, and Ryu are currently occupying. While I'd like to have a 4th main in the form of Bayo, it'd probably be more feasible to have only 3 mains, despite Sm4sh being a simpler fighter to me than, oh say, Guilty Gear or Virtua Fighter or Melty Blood.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Anyone else want to get the Fates Special Edition and miss out on it? I went to Gamestop today and it was sold out. Darn it...
Hopefully they have another wave made of it. I'm just now close to having the money for the special edition, and I'd really prefer to have physical copies of the three paths than have to buy a separate SD card to hold two of them...

It just occurred to me that Kirby using Corrin's neutral B will be a very strange sight.
Not stranger than having him copy Bayonetta, then stand on his hands while firing pistols attached to his feet.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I have plenty of cash to get the special edition of Fire Emblem Fates...if only they were still selling those, then I would preorder them in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I've been meaning to do this myself and you just made my life a lot easier! One correction is that I think that it should be "a song of birthrights..." instead of "a song a birthrights..." but everything else looks perfect

Interesting how the song is about "Birthrights" and mentions "White as bone." Since both of them are Hoshidan imagery, I wonder if other lyrics in it reference "Black" and "Conquest?" I know that both sides get a different version of the same song at one point, but this main theme seems to be in both versions. It'd be odd to have it reference Hoshido and not Nohr.
Well, the lyrics to the Japanese version does mention darkness, black, and light for what would be about the Nohr Kingdom so I could see "black" and "conquest" being used in the English version.

Maybe there will name drop of "revelations" in the English version around this set of lyrics from the Japanese version.

hazama e shizumi yuku
Samayoi tayutau kokoro
osanaki
negai o matometeta
musubu ketsu ei
nakigara umore kuri hatete
minamo ni utsuru

wa ga i o dare ga shiru ya

A translation to the Japanese version is here.

They won't do a literal translation of the song. Some parts from the Japanese version just won't work out in the English version.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya

The Chapter in which you choose a side is such an important part of Fates though, and has been the selling factor of the game since their first trailer. Of course they'd use this scene for Smash. For those who've already played it have found it comical to have a sudden 4th option that just says "nope" to the story line. For those who haven't played, hopefully now anticipate getting to this chapter in which you choose. However prepare to feel bad regardless of which route you take. Guilt takes a big factor in the default 2 choices.

I have plenty of cash to get the special edition of Fire Emblem Fates...if only they were still selling those, then I would preorder them in a heartbeat.
Maaaaybe just maybe your local Gamestop may have them? Like try and do an instore pre order? They've been taking orders in store after the online sold out.

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
The Chapter in which you choose a side is such an important part of Fates though, and has been the selling factor of the game since their first trailer. Of course they'd use this scene for Smash. For those who've already played it have found it comical to have a sudden 4th option that just says "nope" to the story line. For those who haven't played, hopefully now anticipate getting to this chapter in which you choose. However prepare to feel bad regardless of which route you take. Guilt takes a big factor in the default 2 choices.
Dang, I joined in Awakening, and at that time the choice of who to S support seemed hard (I started off trying to support with Miriel, then ended up choosing Cherche). Now in Fates I'm going to have to make a choice where neither side is right and I feel guilty either way?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Dang, I joined in Awakening, and at that time the choice of who to S support seemed hard (I started off trying to support with Miriel, then ended up choosing Cherche). Now in Fates I'm going to have to make a choice where neither side is right and I feel guilty either way?
Yep, I love this game

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
Yep, I love this game
The only in-game choice that I can compare to this is the one in marvel: ultimate alliance 2, where you have to choose between pro-registration with iron man, or anti-registration with Capt. America. And that was easy because I strongly believe in freedom. But this is hard, it's like... like... I don't know what to compare it to

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
The only in-game choice that I can compare to this is the one in marvel: ultimate alliance 2, where you have to choose between pro-registration with iron man, or anti-registration with Capt. America. And that was easy because I strongly believe in freedom. But this is hard, it's like... like... I don't know what to compare it to

Possibly one of the most important choices in gaming, right here. (Pick Kaidan)

Fates is going to be ridiculous. You know I preordered the special edition as soon as physically possible.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Yeah, I'd go on and on about it if I could. Really looking forward to seeing everyone's thoughts on the game when it releases....in Feb ;-;

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Awakening stole my soul. I gave that game more than 300 hours of my life lol. Fates having multiple stories means that I'll probably triple that

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Awakening stole my soul. I gave that game more than 300 hours of my life lol. Fates having multiple stories means that I'll probably triple that
https://twitter.com/TasyaProject/status/590525289706479616

Was back in April. Been playing the JP 3DS so my NA one is dead. Lemme charge it and see if it's any different.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/TasyaProject/status/678247697762119681

You may have me beat. Also if any of you haven't I'd heavily recommend bringing your 3ds to cons and big events. Spotpass teams were so fun to play against.

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
To make main post a little easier on the eyes, going to default to normal text color. Apologies to any the color bothered.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

This is an interesting concept... I really like some of the hair colors Kanna could get from Corrin's potential unions with female Smash fighters if they were in Fates. Kanna with Palutena's hair color is simply the best IMO.

Folt

Smash Ace
Corrin is amazing! Dragon and chainsaw sword are amazing! The entire direct was amazing!

And so much salt everywhere, mwahahahahahah!

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
Looking at my time playing Fire Emblem Awakening as of this instant, I have got 102 hours of playtime... over 264 sessions with a 23 minute average. I'm really not sure what that says about me. It is my most played 3DS game however.

alguidrag

Smash Ace

This is an interesting concept... I really like some of the hair colors Kanna could get from Corrin's potential unions with female Smash fighters if they were in Fates. Kanna with Palutena's hair color is simply the best IMO.
Awesome, with Robin even have MMorgan :joyful:

:4corrin:x:4robinf: is the power

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't say the conflict as a whole is grey, but the nature of the choice in Ch.6 is extremely grey and has extremely far reaching consequences on the characters especially if you look at how they're written and how they change which is rather subtle. The theme of either side focuses on what you sacrifice by picking that choice.

GoldenMapleLeaf

Smash Cadet
My Awakening playtime is probably skewed because I don't have that many games for the 3DS and I've probably left it on and idle for a long amount of time, but it's clocked to a dead even 700:40.

Yeep.

Top Bottom