• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Smash 4 has spoiled me so much that killing over 80-90 is not as special anymoe. ),:
Who remembers in Smash 64 how long it took to kill somebody because of how big the blastzones were and how almost everyone's recoveries worked
You could live forever, man.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
No, I'm not talking about Corrin.
Corrin is kinda adopted too
Considering he was a little baby and then Nohr just sorta takes him
So
I guess he counts
Monado Boy :4shulk:
Gets adopted by Riki at the end of the story (Considering you take all the Heart-to-Hearts as things that actually happen)
So the Riki color for Shulk is cool
ExplainswhyRiki'stheassisttrophytoo
Spoilers...why must it confirm things about Shulk?...and also Corrin I guess

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Can anyone else not help themselves fishing for DL tipper? It's so good lol
Whenever I get the Corrin hat as Kirby because I still don't have Corrin yet
I just tap X (And by X I mean B but I use X because lolKirbyFightersDeluxe) twice real fast-like but hold it the second time because the Bitey part is a kill move
Gotta go for that Spitless Nomnom all day
We fishin' harder than Lakitu in Mario Kart

@Annuga made that name by the way
10/10 Spitless Nomnom

Last edited:

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
Whenever I get the Corrin hat as Kirby because I still don't have Corrin yet
I just tap X twice real fast-like but hold it the second time because the Bitey part is a kill move
Gotta go for that Spitless Nomnom all day
We fishin' harder than Lakitu in Mario Kart

@Annuga made that name by the way
10/10 Spitless Nomnom
B reverse bite all day, also spamming charge shot at the ledge is really annoying for people trying to get up.

Edit: post 4444 lol

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
B reverse bite all day, also spamming charge shot at the ledge is really annoying for people trying to get up.

Edit: post 4444 lol
Post 4445
Beat that :cool:
Spoilers...why must it confirm things about -snip-...and also -snip- I guess
If you should see a spoiler where a spoiler shouldn't be
Tell yourself that there's a reason the Spoiler function exists
SO YA DON'T CLICK IT AND SPOIL YERSELF :happysheep:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Post 4445
Beat that :cool:

If you should see a spoiler where a spoiler shouldn't be
Tell yourself that there's a reason the Spoiler function exists
SO YA DON'T CLICK IT AND SPOIL YERSELF :happysheep:
It's a habit to click on something for me...

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Don't know where to ask, but I'm highly requesting (AND suggesting) a KO percentages thread. For me, this is extremely useful because I lack a WiiU (and a 3DS) to test it on. It will also help others stay a lot more wary about their options. I'm really curious about TIPPER Side B, U-Air and Up-B.
You inspired me. I just tested and made a thread here that does just what you said.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Huh... no video thread... Someone could just make one for people to post videos. Now, if they want to archive videos or whatever, that's up to them, but making a video thread for just videos is fine, but I'd rather wait on M@v M@v and @Raziek's opinion on this since I don't moderate these boards. Anyway, if anyone wants to watch Japanese Corrin dittos or Corrin vs. Bayonetta, there's some on tamisuma.jp - it's a YouTube channel by the way.

Edit: The problem with video threads in my opinion is that they can get cluttered since people can easily search for players of X character and get videos of theirs on YouTube or whatever. The problem with that is not knowing the players which means if you search for the latest Corrin videos and because of the replay upload feature, you're just going to get random videos of Corrin unlike in the past where you could get matches from tournaments. Granted, if the focus is to archive like how the Fox boards are handling it, then that doesn't matter same with how the Ike and Marth boards have theirs severe as a critique thread while the Ganondorf boards adds that with a player finder.

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
We set our deadline for it today, no worries it'll be out really soon.
>ALSO made some edits to the first post and will continue to be updated every Sunday.

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
Huh... no video thread... Someone could just make one for people to post videos. Now, if they want to archive videos or whatever, that's up to them, but making a video thread for just videos is fine, but I'd rather wait on M@v M@v and @Raziek's opinion on this since I don't moderate these boards. Anyway, if anyone wants to watch Japanese Corrin dittos or Corrin vs. Bayonetta, there's some on tamisuma.jp - it's a YouTube channel by the way.
Edit: The problem with video threads in my opinion is that they can get cluttered since people can easily search for players of X character and get videos of theirs on YouTube or whatever. The problem with that is not knowing the players which means if you search for the latest Corrin videos and because of the replay upload feature, you're just going to get random videos of Corrin unlike in the past where you could get matches from tournaments. Granted, if the focus is to archive like how the Fox boards are handling it, then that doesn't matter same with how the Ike and Marth boards have theirs severe as a critique thread while the Ganondorf boards adds that with a player finder.
I'd love to see a official video thread open up to track tournament matches in sort of like an archive or timeline.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
NewAnyone know a guy called "Seph^"
Thats his For Gloryname plays as Cloud with the Black coat outfit.

And has Anyone came across a guy in For Glory with the name
"VILLIANS"
he often plays as Ganon & DDD

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Japanese male Corrin sounds a bit like Johnny Yong Bosch during fights. Now I kind of wished Nero or Zero was in Smash 4...

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
I've been hearing rumors that some dialogue and the personalities of the characters have been changed in the western release. Is this true?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It just struck me how ironic it is for Corrin(and for a lesser extent Robin) to be in Smash.
In FE, everyone ships them with their waifu. In Smash Bros, however, they are everybody's waifu.
I've been hearing rumors that some dialogue and the personalities of the characters have been changed in the western release. Is this true?
Japanese doesn't translate to English well, so naturally the dialouge has changed. Probably for the better.

As for personalities...I can't say. They'll probably give a couple of them the old Henry treatment, but for the most part, stay loyal.
I could see them changing Nina(formally known as Eponine) and Soleil by taking out the controversial themes. We already know that Soleil's supports with male Corrin was changed, at least. But whatever, Soleil isn't a brilliantly written character who needs to be preserved anyway.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Male corrin sounds whiny, but female sounds like she will kill you. Fitting for a dragon
Probably because in the promotional material of Fates, Mamui is often paired with Hoshido, the peaceful kingdom, and Femui is often paired with Nohr, the aggressive kingdom. It that was the route Smash took, I'd say the tone of voice for both Mamui and Femui is appropriate.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Male corrin sounds whiny, but female sounds like she will kill you. Fitting for a dragon
You know who else sounds like she'll kill you ("You" as in you, the fellow reading this message right now)
Camilla
Which is really creepy
Considering her voice is very soothing in a way
And the fact that she acts as a mother figure to Corrin/Corrina

FE: Fates is strange

D

Deleted member 189823

I don't think I've realized that, but it's very true, now that someone puts it into words. She actually sounds like a female warrior. A fierce one, at that. Although I do find her KO scream cute~

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
NewAnyone know a guy called "Seph^"
Thats his For Gloryname plays as Cloud with the Black coat outfit.

And has Anyone came across a guy in For Glory with the name
"VILLIANS"
he often plays as Ganon & DDD
Just out of curiosity, might I ask why you are seeking these individuals?

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
It's way to early for matchups, but has anyone been struggling with any one character thus far?
Not quite so, at least I can say that I never felt outmatched, so far.

One thing of note is the use of DFS against characters with fast reflectors, because even the fast biting animation leaves you open for the ricocheted stun.

But besides that, no trouble so far

D

Deleted member 189823

Female Corrin is so fiiine she making me main her when I didn't even like her playstyle.

/NoStraight

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's way to early for matchups, but has anyone been struggling with any one character thus far?
I was going to say Villager is super annoying, but then I realized he's super annoying no matter who you play as.

Though, I've found other projectile characters have been a pain because their projectiles generally beat out ours. Robin I've found to be the biggest offender, easily keeping us back with Archfire. That said, a well spaced aerial can still be used approach, so it's not all bad. You just can't play as defensively against them.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Probably because in the promotional material of Fates, Mamui is often paired with Hoshido, the peaceful kingdom, and Femui is often paired with Nohr, the aggressive kingdom. It that was the route Smash took, I'd say the tone of voice for both Mamui and Femui is appropriate.
Smash Bros Illuminati?

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Like ZephyrZ ZephyrZ said, projectiles seem to be an issue. Not only do most projectiles beat out DFS, they also get in the way of DL which is the source of a lot of our options. Don't know if it's significant enough to affect matchups yet, but at the very least it's an annoyance.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think I've struggled alot against Samus. For some reason I have difficulty approaching her even though it's never an issue with other projectile spam characters like Villager. I had a few rounds with some Samus on FG and I just couldn't approach them well, or predict the Charge Shot. I felt like a scrub.

And then they switch to Cloud and I do just fine. -_-

D

Deleted member 189823

Corrin Dittos/Playing Corrin as Pika are the banes of my existence.
Word. To me, it just seems more like a phase, like when the rest of the DLC came out (barring Mewtwo and Lucas, who didn't seem to have one). I hope they just all disappear and leave us with the dedicated people.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Word. To me, it just seems more like a phase, like when the rest of the DLC came out (barring Mewtwo and Lucas, who didn't seem to have one). I hope they just all disappear and leave us with the dedicated people.
Don't worry, I was actually seeing Other characters than Corrin and Bayo on FG, yesterday, so things are starting to get back to normal ;)

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Honestly corrin's gonna stay pocket for me, since marth might take the spot I originally intended for him :/

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Like ZephyrZ ZephyrZ said, projectiles seem to be an issue. Not only do most projectiles beat out DFS, they also get in the way of DL which is the source of a lot of our options. Don't know if it's significant enough to affect matchups yet, but at the very least it's an annoyance.
At the very least, corrin has an insanely good Dash to shield (I believe it is around 8 frames before he can pull off an action after a dash) which does help mitigate this weakness.

D

Deleted member 189823

Don't worry, I was actually seeing Other characters than Corrin and Bayo on FG, yesterday, so things are starting to get back to normal ;)
I don't know about For Glory, but I have seen her a ton in the last tournament and friendlies. In the actual tournament, there weren't all that many. I was probably the highest-placing one, at 9th. );

Honestly corrin's gonna stay pocket for me, since marth might take the spot I originally intended for him :/
Well, the character is only a few days old, and it isn't the most weird of things to be trying them out...guess I can't blame them. Even a pretty good Corrin player here isn't even considering her for serious use.

At the very least, corrin has an insanely good Dash to shield (I believe it is around 8 frames before he can pull off an action after a dash) which does help mitigate this weakness.
What do you mean by all that?

< Also, from the guy who said he was only going to use Corrin "because she's hot". aka, me. Like, I outrighted stated it. The worst part? I'm actually considering her as a main...even if I started out really bad with her. And the fact that I've been hatin' on Corrin for getting in the way of my beloved Shovel Knight~

#Salt
#TheHypocrite

Last edited by a moderator:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Been practicing a bit with Corrin he/she is fun, but finding a hard time to string together combo's also a few video's have been going around talking about how "Corrin's counter is broken" and showcasing people dying from 0% just by the counter alone...now I for one don't believe it but it's spreading around the net like a plague and wanted to know if you guys heard anything about this?

Top Bottom