• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Corrin in 1.1.5

OshaHott

Smash Cadet
So... Uh... Anyone wanna play? I'm kinda bored of FG trying to use Corrin. Do you KNOW bow hard it is to learn a character through lag? Lol!

D

Deleted member 189823

oops, wrong thread~

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 189823

So... Uh... Anyone wanna play? I'm kinda bored of FG trying to use Corrin. Do you KNOW bow hard it is to learn a character through lag? Lol!
I know how you feel, fam. Listen, brah. In our situation, what we ought to do first is get in touch with our primal instinct and polish 'dat 'dere tech skill. Do it until the character feels like it's becoming a part of you, pretty much. After that, it's all within decisions and creative (optional, but really helpful in many cases). For Glory helps you a bit into different kind of styles, even if you go up against bad players. You'd be surprise at the amount of solid people I've come across on 3DSGlory (we be #3DSBoyz).

OshaHott

Smash Cadet
I know how you feel, fam. Listen, brah. In our situation, what we ought to do first is get in touch with our primal instinct and polish 'dat 'dere tech skill. Do it until the character feels like it's becoming a part of you, pretty much. After that, it's all within decisions and creative (optional, but really helpful in many cases). For Glory helps you a bit into different kind of styles, even if you go up against bad players. You'd be surprise at the amount of solid people I've come across on 3DSGlory (we be #3DSBoyz).
Lol! Yeah, I've come across lots of good players! In fact, I hardly come across bad ones! I just would like some better experience. I really wanna be a great player, up there with Nairo and the greats, but FG just isn't helping that much. I need to be able to play without lag! It's bad that lag is something I practically know like the back of my hand! xD

D

Deleted member 189823

I got a few pointers in which I can have you work on.

1) Ask yourself, do you really want it? It might be a short term thing, but if you're having with it, just try to work on it. Don't ask you to dedicate your whole life into it.
2) Try to find a sort of network in which you can link yourself with good players in FB/Discord/Smashboards. With this mind, play better people than you that punish you for your mistakes. You may also want to experiment with many of these to see if you can be atuned to the lag. Find something that's tolerable. There will a lways be even the tiniest bit of lag, but you could be surprised at the things I've done online in spite of that (and many other combo video players and stuff)
3) Find your main, doesn't have to be Corrin (necessarily).
4) When you play, work on your mistakes. What did you do wrong? Focus on that. Start by small tweaks like ridding of bad habits, which makes for a great start in itself.
5) Just, liek, play the game. Might sound ironic, considering the things I said above. But with all the things I mentioned above, this is where you put it into play and get better at it. Attend to tournaments, too.

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
I happened to test D-Tilt to Mario and he dies off of it at 107 in FD (U-Air kills him at 115 after the D-Tilt) without DI or RAGE. Goes to say how much of a difference that made. Now, I'm not sure what was the percentages on WiiU pre-patch, but it probably kills like 8-10% later on 3DS. On 3DS, Mario dies at 122 from U-Air. I also killed a Sheik in tournament at 97% with only 48% of RAGE on me. about roughly the same height on Smashville.
It kills 5.5 % later post patch.

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
Is that, liek, 6%.
basically low ceiling was 5% off from old percent kill at low ceiling, and mid/ high ceiling was 6% off so I kinda gave it 5.5% (mario without di center of stage).

D

Deleted member 189823

Well, that goes to say just how (in)significant it is. Watch the match of Ryo vs. Master Raven on Dreamland (low ceiling, I know, but still) and he kills him at 89% even if he had some RAGE on him (it was definitely less than 100, though). I also killed a Sheik at 97 with 48% RAGE on me. Don't really think we've lost much of anything with our so called "nerfs".

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
Well, that goes to say just how (in)significant it is. Watch the match of Ryo vs. Master Raven on Dreamland (low ceiling, I know, but still) and he kills him at 89% even if he had some RAGE on him (it was definitely less than 100, though). I also killed a Sheik at 97 with 48% RAGE on me. Don't really think we've lost much of anything with our so called "nerfs".
well it shortened the window on our confirm > 50/50, but its not too bad. Still a decently rage dependent move for kills pre 120. U-air is definitely nerfed though.

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
Wait, what's this 50/50 you're talking about?
well I mean if you really buffer the double jumps into an u-air at around when you can kill confirm you should be able to get a 50/50 as well even if you missed the true combo confirm window (is like a 1-4 frame window after a true combo could happen. Basically jump away takes longer than air-dodge by a 1-4 frames depending on character if frame perfect).

D

Deleted member 189823

Are you talking about D-Tilt > U-Air? I just U-Aired the guy at 97% and he died...

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
Are you talking about D-Tilt > U-Air? I just U-Aired the guy at 97% and he died...
yes, but gonna try to hit the lab with a friend this Wednesday to really confirm when d-dilt to u-air can 50/50, and if f-air or n-air , or weak hit n-air can (and also if any of those can true combo if your frame perfect with buffers).

Top Bottom