• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cool stuff you noticed while playing 3.5

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys,

what cool changes or additions did you discover by playing Project M 3.5? I noticed that Link now has a new taunt: His ocarina! Hit down on the digital pad for a very short time (try slipping over the edge with your fingernail), then Link takes his ocarina & you'll able to play with A & the digital pad. Leave with B.

Same goes to his other "special taunt!": Tab right on the digital pad & Navi appears, saying: "Hey! Listen!".

(I know, the first tip is also described in the official changelog, but let's just collect some things in this thread. There might be a lot you'd never notice at first glance!)

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Bowser has his own victory theme. It's a segment of his theme from Super Mario 64.

:bowser2:

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
The Navi taunt was actually in 3.0

The coolest thing I noticed was that most, if not all sword characters have new sound effects for their sword swings. The sound really cool, but the one that I don't like is Marth's Dolphin Slash got its Melee sound back, I like the Brawl one better.

Celestis

Smash Ace

The coolest thing I noticed was that most, if not all sword characters have new sound effects for their sword swings. The sound really cool, but the one that I don't like is Marth's Dolphin Slash got its Melee sound back, I like the Brawl one better.
I feel the same way.

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
Roy's PM taunts have been redone. sadly they're a bit longer.

Charizard has a new up taunt

Ganondorf is slightly tweaked to seem less clone like. warlock punch still exists in spirit via smash attack AND the secret taunt (SOOoo OP, such crazy knockback/range for a single move)

the new costumes actually rock, still missing ice mario, but they got the rocket mewtwo, Roy has a black and blue (that I swear pays homage to the game he was in) shiny purple scarfless falcon, wolf/marth/ness//Gannondorf//ikeDK alt team colors, among others

Windstar120025

Smash Apprentice
ummm all three of my mains getting allmost unplayablynerfed in stupid ways for no reason other than their quirks being pretty good

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
The underside of Dream Land. Check that out sometime.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I noticed that when playing against projectile-using characters in 3.5 as Ike, I hate my life a bit less than I used to.

Sleeplost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sleeplost
The CPU names are different. It's actually pretty funny.

Uhm... Link's Ocarina taunt..?
A lot of cool stuff. I'm really enjoying 3.5 despite Ganon losing his Warlock Punch.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
I found when using Peach and you hit a Metal Box, she becomes Pink-Gold Peach from Mario Kart 8 instead of Metal. Personally I love this little change.

Also idk if this was a thing or not, but the invisible wall underneath FD is no longer there, So glide all day~

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
happened to everyone.
But that's certainly not "cool"... you can complain in another thread :upsidedown:

Something else... is it new that Wario actually steals coins while pummeling an opponent? (There's the typical sound and a coin appearing for every hit)

Last edited:

Abeebo

Smash Journeyman
After setting Debug Mode to lock the camera, disable debug mode. Pause the game and use the camera to an angle you'd like. Unpause the game. You're now playing with a custom fixed camera angle. Pause the game again to reset the camera angle, and just re-enable debug mode to unlock the camera when done. You could zoom out way far and play as if you're all ants. Or go behind the stage and play a 'mirror' match. Or whatever. Pretty neat!

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
You can look into Zelda's room in Hyrule Castle.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Roy has a new final smash. It's like Marth's, but with a volcano.
I saw CPU Stand Luigi fall out of it early once, but haven't been able to reproduce that.

Squirtle's final smash is like a giant double upsmash.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Zelda seems scary fast at attacking now!

But for some reason the controls feel jankier for all chars I use. Mainly the cstick and trying to move after an attack. Is there a reason for this?

Fortress

Smash Master
Little details like being able to read the sign on Metal Cavern in front of the map, and the fact that the Metal Cap Box in the background isn't filled in, because the switch isn't pressed.

The combo tent being called the 'Hut of Life' in Hylian script was also pretty cool.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77

I agree also, yet another contribution to my huge issue with the PM guys bringing back the more boring melee SFX replacing the Brawl ones. I notice now even Mario's dodges and rolls are a lot more quieter.

shapular

Smash Ace
Zelda seems scary fast at attacking now!

But for some reason the controls feel jankier for all chars I use. Mainly the cstick and trying to move after an attack. Is there a reason for this?
Were you using the TKbreezy tourney pack? That one had input assist turned on by mistake.

I agree also, yet another contribution to my huge issue with the PM guys bringing back the more boring melee SFX replacing the Brawl ones. I notice now even Mario's dodges and rolls are a lot more quieter.
I never understood the desire to downgrade in sound effects. And now they've touched my G&W :(

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
I never understood the desire to downgrade in sound effects. And now they've touched my G&W :(
Well least its nice to finally have some supporters in this, really do think this is starting to get close to being Melee 2.0 after all. Seriously guys, stop messing around with the SFX so much and leave it as it was in brawl =/

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
@ cmart cmart Hey, what's with the double-jump rings appearing when you land on the ground or perform a perfect wavedash? I noticed that this only happens in Final Destination. Aren't they only supposed to appear when you perform a second jump?

McSlur

Smash Journeyman
I noticed Roy/Marth/Link/Toon Link all having really nice sword sounds now.
SWIPE>SWIPE^SWIPE^SWIPE>SWOOSH!
And Tingle staring at you inside Isai's hut is pretty fecking terrifying cool too.

shapular

Smash Ace
Maybe. I will redownload from the site instead of a mirrored download.
3.5 should be fine no matter where you download it from. It was the version of 3.02 that I was referring to. If you were used to TKbreezy's with the input assist on, then it'd feel like you couldn't act as fast after an attack.

Top Bottom