• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Controversial) Should the spirits in Smash Ultimate not be integrated into being a fighter, and stay a spirit?

Should spirits remain spirits, or be turned into fighters

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ItsLogic

Smash Cadet
I know this thread is gonna get at least some hate, I mean who am I to blame I know squat about Smash, but hey I think I at least have a basic understanding to somewhat debate about this topic. I feel like spirits, should remain being spirits in at least the World of Light spirits, should remain as being spirits and not turn into fighters. At least not in Ultimate, I would love to have some of the characters like Geno be in the next Smash game, but other than that, my opinion still stands that spirits, at least the world of light spirits should remain being spirits

SNinjaStudios

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1881-9214-4032
Would I want them to remove content for the game? No, not really. But if it meant that the characters I want would now have a chance (and most of them did end up getting spirits), then I'm all for it.

Also I think you may want to take another look at the poll options. It isn't exactly a yes or no question.

Last edited:

ItsLogic

Smash Cadet
Would I want them to remove content for the game? No, not really. But if it meant that the characters I want would now have a chance (and most of them did end up getting spirits), then I'm all for it.

Also I think you may want to take another look at the poll options. It isn't exactly a yes or no question.
oh shoot yeah

oh shoot yeah
can't change it now I think

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
No, I would love to see some spirits become fighters.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
We have Pit's Classic look as a Spirit, Super Sonic, original Legend of Zelda Link, Mario characters in sports outfits...it makes no sense for them to keep a character out of DLC just because of them being a Spirit. Hey, Sakurai had another team do the Spirits, even...

And Lucas and Mewtwo were already trophies in Smash 4 but that didn't stop them...no one wants their character downgraded to tools + Poke Pelago.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There are a few spirit's I'd personally like to see become playable.

Dr. Edgeworth

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6422-2780-9325
Not a yes or no question here

But yeah i think spirit status should not disqualify you from being a fighter in the future

osby

Smash Obsessed
Can you give a good reason why a character shouldn't be playable just because they have a Spirit?

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
4/5 of my most wanted characters are currently Spirits, so I'd definitely like to see them upgraded into fighters. Plus getting their existing spirits replaced or renamed would hardly be difficult

ItsLogic

Smash Cadet
Can you give a good reason why a character shouldn't be playable just because they have a Spirit?
I meant that these spirits shouldn't be integrated into Smash Ultimate, the next Smash games would be great to host these spirits. I just meant that these characters shouldn't be in Smash Ultimate right now

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I meant that these spirits shouldn't be integrated into Smash Ultimate, the next Smash games would be great to host these spirits. I just meant that these characters shouldn't be in Smash Ultimate right now
but they can just keep the spirits when adding the fighter.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
My beliefs are that Spirits don't count as deconfirmations, so, yes. The vast majority of my wanted characters are Spirits so I would gladly take some Spirit promotions.

Top Bottom