• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controlls

AlgonquinArto

Smash Cadet
I been playing project m for about 8 months now and I'm sad to report that i still can't multishine.. heck i can't even shine dair with falco. These techniques are not easy but it feels as though I can't train my hands to go any faster. I had a couple of questions regarding controls it would be more helpful if space animal mains replied to this.

Question 1: tap jump on or off?
Personally I turn it off

Question 2: when applying shield pressure with Shine Arial shine do you use the c stick?
I really only use the c stick for Shine into up smash

Question 3: And finally has anyone exercised their option to switch up the controls to their liking?

I use my x button as a shield I really like not having to deal with the springs on the R button for those wave dashes the downside to this is that when I pop in Melee.. I'm flat out garbage.

Thanks for the help or advice in advance.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Overall, you CAN be faster; had problems like you before, it just takes time, I only just started playing competetively and learning all tactics snd stuff last year or so; patience

Q1: nah

Q2:i use c sticks for arials and stuff, waveshine into grab or jab; anything random that my opponent wouldnt expect

Q3: was thinking of turning y into footstool but always forget

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I'd be glad to help you out. I don't know about you, but I find multishine easier when I alternate between Y and B as quickly as I can. They're not easy to do, but unlike you I decided to pick up Fox instead of Falco because he requires fast hands in order to be played, what better way to get faster than to play a character with an extremely high tech ceiling? Practice SHFFL-ing as much as you can, I've found that helpful to make your play style much faster. I also practice a lot of technical stuff when I can, such as doing multiple moonwalks with C. Falcon, Sonic, Link and moonwalking with Fox, it's trained me to be precise with the control stick, shoot, there was a time I couldn't even do a single moonwalk with C. Falcon and now I can cross the stage with it because my hands adapted to trying to be much faster. I've only been playing "competitively" for about 8 months now, I guess having a tournament level player like KDJ as opposition helps me to improve at a faster rate but it also depends on how bad you want to get good as well.

Q1: I personally turn of tap jump when playing Project M since I main ZSS there, but when playing Melee it's actually quite useful for jumping out of shine really fast when gimping.

Q2: For shield pressure I use the A button, I find it easier to transition from the A button to the B button to Y (for short-hopping out of shine). When not applying pressure, I tend to use the C-stick as much as possible.

Q3: I once had X set to shield for easier wavedashing, but I eventually got used to the R button because I play Melee on campus more often. I've never changed my control scheme again besides turning off tap jump, my muscle memory is developing and having two different control schemes for both these games would be bad for me imo so I just keep it as is.

Hope I helped somehow.

Top Bottom