• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controllers only $25!

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
For a limited time the Nintendo White Gamecube controller is only $25.20! This controller is the only official controller still on the market and comes with a 9 foot cord. If you want to support Smashboards you can purchase this controller through our Amazon aStore link today! Just click here to get the controller through our referral link and start your journey to become a professional Smasher today!

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I can't even see 9 feet in front of me

aspirin cookie

Smash Cadet
Soon irrelevant . The Wii U Pro Controller will clearly be the optimal controller for SSB . Though ! This is also based on assumption that Super Smash Bros. 4 arrives as and is made the most competitive SSB title to date . Let's hope .

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
The GameCube controller is like a really fine wine. Old but so damn good!

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Soon irrelevant . The Wii U Pro Controller will clearly be the optimal controller for SSB . Though ! This is also based on assumption that Super Smash Bros. 4 arrives as and is made the most competitive SSB title to date . Let's hope .
I've heard not so great things about it. I have a Wii U Pro Controller. I've heard from those that have used it through Dolphin and emulated Project M or Melee said it's not that great. Personally I plan to get a Wii soon. Right now I play using the Mayflash adapter going through my Wii-motion plus Wii-mote and that allows me to use a GameCube controller as a classic controller. That's the method I plan using for Smash 4. I'll give the Pro controller a fair shot but c'mon dude. I know it's said a lot but it's true. You cannot beat the layout and the comfort of the GameCube controller. It is puzzling to me that they chose not to go back to the GameCube controller design for the Wii U Pro controller, but simply add a ZL button on the left shoulder.

P.S. I have one of these and if your thinking about buying one, do yourself a favor and pick it up. It's a flawless controller and I love it for smash beyond comprehension. It plays and feels amazing. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the long cord. But that's a plus if anything and I could always use a twister to ravel the excess up. Also the white controller allows for custom designs.

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I purchased mine this morning. $27 for controller (after tax) and it was around $5 for shipping. So you'll be spending $32 for it.

Mr Lange

Smash Apprentice
I bought one of these without even realizing it was helping Smashboards, and now I'm that much more glad I did. I was just looking for a new GC controller and was stunned that this existed at this price. You guys are the best.

Last edited:

SupaNova100

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4957-2544-7678
For a limited time the Nintendo White Gamecube controller is only $25.20! This controller is the only official controller still on the market and comes with a 9 foot cord. If you want to support Smashboards you can purchase this controller through our Amazon aStore link today! Just click here to get the controller through our referral link and start your journey to become a professional Smasher today!

I Bought myself one a few months ago and it feels great! So worth the money. As for the sale, its been there since fall (that's as long as i can remember it being up) dont worry about it being out of stock just get it asap.

Haven

Smash Rookie
Just ordered mine TODAY!! 24 Hour Stream hypeeee this weekend! Back into the Smash!!!

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I went through the referral link and mine was $27, plus shipping; $32 and change in total. Maybe I missed the promo~

Anyway, It'll be my first time ever owning a white one. I've been wanting to try one out!

Last edited:

MoparFreak71

Smash Rookie
NNID
MoparFreak71
3DS FC
2423-2610-5424
I need one of these but lack the funds necessary.
Right now i'm on a cheap $16 off-brand controller from gamestop XD
I have the purple one but the grip fell off the left thumbstick and it stabs my thumb :/

filthyfunk

Smash Rookie
Audiodriver, my mate reckons that getting it ordered to a mail forwarding company seems to be the only way to go. I'm currently looking for another way cause I cbf paying postage twice. Can you please let me know if you find a way to order or when your ordering we can do a group buy.

HeavySmashGuy

Smash Cadet
NNID
HeavyBrawlsGuy
3DS FC
1977-1276-9162
Wait, they still MAKE these? Because I only have one GameCube controller that works well, the other is some weird third-party turbo controller. Not that I ever use my Wii for multiplayer anyway(it really only gets used for SSBB and Radiant Dawn, maybe Sin & Punishment if I get it).

Justkallmekai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ProjectM3.0
3DS FC
0473-8282-3242
I love how when I bought it, I was thinking before I got it, I wonder what the manual says. It comes the next day, I open it.....It's all in Japanese......i cri everytiem.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Ordered two of them a few days ago and just got them in the mail a few hours ago. So much better than my older ones, they were practically falling apart! Everything feels smoother, tighter, more fluid. I love how slick it looks, and how the color compliments my Wii as well. Great buy, I might have to get a couple more so I have a complete set.

D

Deleted member

Just bought one.

Oh baby, I can't wait to look like everyone else!

TheRage

Smash Apprentice
It's a lovely controller; probably the best one I've got so far. Everything you'd expect from it is there, along with a longer cord and a sleek white design--glossless, of course.

For those of you who are training with a character that requires extremely responsive controls (Fox, anyone?), it is absolutely necessary to have a fully functional controller in hand, something I myself have not had for awhile--and it sucks. Dealing with an old, loose, unresponsive joystick that you have to constantly re-calibrate every time is a pain in the a**.

However, now I can get back into my groove while enjoying the full responsiveness of this new controller.

Anyway, it's Nintendo brand and it's [$28] now. Get it while it's hot!

Last edited:
Top Bottom