• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

controller problems

drummer_kid

Smash Cadet
ok, when i play offline my controller works fine, but when i try online.....nothin,AT ALL controller wont even let me choose a char to start the match

i looked around the forum and no topic answered my question

anyone have anyideas why my controller is workin the way it does? Ive got all the nessesary plugs and stuff, my friend who already plays smash online says it should be fine but, idk, if you guys could help me out it would rock

Jazriel

Smash Ace
I have the exact same problem. It used to be fine but now it's not working. I'm using a 360 controller and I have the N-Rage's Direct-Input8 V2 1.83 which is what was suggested when using a 360 controller with Project64K.

I can play offline and in rooms all by myself no problem but as soon as I play with other people I can't move or do anything. I can't press Start or A for menu selection.

Oddly enough though, I was trying to figure the problem out with someone online and when we started a game to test I could do things normally but he (using a gamepad) couldn't do anything then.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Actually I have an issue with my N64 controller. Even with deadzone set to 0% it still feels really sluggish (the joystick). Is there anyway to turn up the sensitivity? I've tried reconfig. the controller in windows settings, but there are areas on the test/config range that I can't reach.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
You need Project64k to play Smash online. You will also a specific type of ROM: Super Smash Brothers (U!).

Top Bottom