• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controler settings

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
This thread was made for people to share their personal preferances for how they feel comfortable playing. I personally use:

GC controller (silver :p)

Tapjump: off
X: grab
Rumble: off

Everything else normal.
i feel that X helps me grab better because i wont have to take my finger off R which i use to air dodge and shield. which i find really useful while playing wario.

currently experimenting with:

Tapjump: on
Rumble: on

Why the changes or experiments? I am testing tapjump because of quick and easy shorthop dairs allowing me to jump again ( i somehow cant pull it off with Y> down C i hit C but it doesnt input =/ Y>A works but i dont like it) also could help by unexpected jump>claps while both are falling. You can also up B out of shield for those of you that love the move :chuckle:

Rumble: the chance in feeling might effect my gameplay maybe in a good way or maybe in a bad way, i use to not be able to stand rumble but i am giving it a chance.

Now you.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
i take tap jump off to make it easier to DACUS, but having it on makes it easy to SH dair then jump again before touching the ground

i also have X set to grab to that my index finger doesnt get tired lol

plus its easier to CG that way (for me)

LuLLo

Smash Ace
For me, the GCController, Tap Jump off, C-stick to attack for better control of Dairs and overall aerial retreating moves (and runoff Dairs with Ike), Y to grab, Z to attack (used for Dacus) and Rumble On. I have chosen Rumble On for an extra finger to brain impulse, which in theory should make it easier to DI correctly. Doesn't REALLY make a vast difference, but all the little things help. And it adds to the experience, which is obvious.

PolarJunkie

Smash Cadet
The finger-to-brain impulse bit is interesting, Lullo -- I never really thought of that. Come to think of it, I haven't really considered the effect rumble might have on my game, so thanks for the eye-opener.

As for controlz, I use the regular ones. The only difference is that I use the claw grip to hold the controller, because I like not having to move my fingers from the Z or Y buttons and it makes it easier for me to use the C-stick.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I dont move any of my fingers while playing. i only move my thumb (some people count it a finger, some people like being smart and call it a thumb, i dont care lets move on) i sometimes use the lower part of my thumb (right above my wrist) to hit the C-stick if i am trying to do something fast (either a Fair or a Bair) which i can not reach due to a finger slip or button input or when im caught off guard and i have to do it really fast. and since i am never moving my index finger off R or L i use X for grab.

Top Bottom