• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Contents being exclusive to 3DS and Wii U

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
As we suspected that we know that we will have contents that are being exclusive to 3DS or Wii U, but I'm concerned that we might see characters that are being exclusive to specific game.

Yes, I'm aware of them claiming that both games will have "SAME numbers" of characters, but I'm afraid that we might see different characters that are being exclusive to specific game as 3DS and Wii U since I would like to see all characters on both systems.

I'm okay with stages being exclusive but I'm worried about characters itself mostly.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
I doubt they would do that, take in to consideration that they know the smash fan base is so touchy about characters, I doubt they would do that, stages yes, maybe even some types of game play mode but I doubt characters

We haven't seen any 3DS pictures of Villager and WiiFit Trainer.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Sakurai confirmed there will be version exclusive stages, but not characters.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Sakurai confirmed there will be version exclusive stages, but not characters.
Yeah, I heard of it and they haven't confirm or deny exclusive characters. I think they are afraid to mention it at the moment. They only said same "Numbers" of characters. why not same characters in both version.

Ruthy

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai said both versions are going to have exclusive characters and stages.

Nevyn

Smash Rookie
Sakurai said both versions are going to have exclusive characters and stages.
This is one of those comments where a link to the aforementioned quote is pretty necessary, ya know?

Tetraplex

Smash Cadet
I haven't seen anything corroborating Ruthy's quote, but Sakurai did say we would be able to customize characters in the 3DS one. Wii Fit trainer is an odd choice for a 3DS game when Miis play such an important role on the system compared to the Wii U. I would be fine if they had a couple of exclusives (Nothing major like Captain Falcon or anything, obviously) for either.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping each might get different assists or Pokemon in each game like they are doing with the stages

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
If there were different characters, i wonder how that would affect tournament scene. basically would be two different games so you'd have an extra event going on for 3ds smash as you would for wii u. Huge ramifications on tournaments. two different tier lists. if someone's hard counter is missing from a game, that character could end up being the best in one game but maybe they get chain grabbed infinite in the other game so they are mid tier? lol.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I wouldn't mind seeing a few exclusive characters per version. They could be analogous characters working to give each version a distinctive flavor and generally increase roster size.

For example:

Wii U version: Ness, Ike, Shulk
3DS version: Lucas, Chrom, Isaac

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
If there were different characters, i wonder how that would affect tournament scene. basically would be two different games so you'd have an extra event going on for 3ds smash as you would for wii u. Huge ramifications on tournaments. two different tier lists. if someone's hard counter is missing from a game, that character could end up being the best in one game but maybe they get chain grabbed infinite in the other game so they are mid tier? lol.
This already affects the tournament scene.

Console-exclusive characters are banned in tournaments. They would have no practical effect on the competitive metagame. See: Kuro, Toro, Mega-Man, Cole, and Pac-Man in Street Fighter X Tekken.

Ruthy

Smash Apprentice

Around 1:15 it says the 3DS version will have exclusive content. I made a mistake, Sakurai (or his translator) only mentions exclusive stages, nothing about characters. Its still pretty likely though considering we haven't seen any screens of Wii Fit trainer on 3DS.

210stuna

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind seeing a few exclusive characters per version. They could be analogous characters working to give each version a distinctive flavor and generally increase roster size.

For example:

Wii U version: Ness, Ike, Shulk
3DS version: Lucas, Chrom, Isaac
Would they be carbon copies aka clones aka same thing, different texture?

Or would they be totally different? Movepool, physics and all.

It seems we will be divided either way.
Meh.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
My thoughts on version exclusives are that I'm down no matter what, but they should be transferable between one another.

Sir Sqweege

Smash Rookie
This is a very good point but in my personal opinion i feel that if that there is a possibility of "exclusive" characters it would most likely be character with the same move set as another, such as a female villager or a male wii fit trainer.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
What about characters having exclusive features? The 3DS Villager could change outfits and faces depending on what your new leaf character looks like, and then you could upload it to the wii u version.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
As long as I can get them both via DLC at a reasonable price I'm fine with it. Some stages might not be possible on the 3DS something to keep in mind.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Alright this case has closed. There is a new article that would mention that they will shared same library of characters.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332

The logo on this picture says for 3DS and Wii U. And their was an article or interview saying that both games would have the same characters.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hmmm, I wonder if Lucina would be 3DS exclusive and Marth WiiU exclusive.

Top Bottom