• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Content Creators You Don't Know: ThatGamerTom

thatgamertom.jpg

Welcome to a new series we’ll be doing here on Smashboards called “Content Creators You Don’t Know” where we highlight some exceptional work being done by relatively little known content creators! Our first guest is ThatGamerTom who has a YouTube channel with currently about 4.6k subscribers.

Q: Thank you so much for doing this interview, ThatGamerTom! How long have you been playing Smash and when did you decide to start a YouTube channel?

A: I’ve been playing since 64, grew up with it! Probably was the most competitive with Brawl though, I was like 13 at the time hustling to tournaments back then ha, didn’t win much but it was fun at the time.

Q: How would you describe the content that you create?

A: I pretty much just make content to entertain, with occasional guides thrown in when I really feel like I have something to teach on a character. My Cloud guide being the most notable thing I think I’ve done.

Q: Who is your main and why?

A: I main Cloud. Deep love for Final Fantasy 7 and still cannot believe he’s in the game, still gets me hyped to see him smack Link in the face with the buster sword. Never in a million years did I think that’d happen.

Q: What do you think is your best video, or the one that newcomers to your channel should watch first?

A: I think my best video is my beginner to advanced Cloud guide. As a main of the character I really feel like I hit all the major points and got everything across as well as I could. Anyone checking out my stuff should start with that.

Q: What do you do outside of Smash and your channel?

A: My favorite game of all time is Dark Souls, my channel actually started out with that game. I only recently started doing YouTube again for Smash because I was having fun with it & it kind of went from there! But I do play a ton of other fighting games, Nintendo games, RPGs. I actively do coverage of the Final Fantasy 7 remake on my channel too which people can check out.

Q: What would you like the Smashboards community to know about you?

A: I used to lurk Smashboards all the time back in my Brawl days, so regardless of my not-posting on there, I still consider the site one of the most valuable Smash resources and thank them all for all they do for the game.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions!

You can find ThatGamerTom on YouTube here, or on Twitter @tgtkai

Jonathan “Qualk” Martin

Comments

I love his content really helpful and his streams aren't too shabby either. Keep up the amazing work

I love his content really helpful and his streams aren't too shabby either. Keep up the amazing work
Taught me a good amount of my current cloud knowledge

Top Bottom