• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Conquest Mode?

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
I just now learned that Conquest mode is available (I thought it was something that was going to happen later down the line). The reason I say this is because I do not have it, I downloaded the patch and have played online multiple times, but still don't have the icon, there is just "with friends" "with anyone" and "spectate". Is there some sort of criteria for unlocking it (I have every character and stage) or am I missing something?

Donkeykong98123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkeykong98123
All you need to do is play as a character that's part of the conquest and you earn points for the character you played as. Say, for the current conquest I played DK, the category he is in will get points because I played him.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
All you need to do is play as a character that's part of the conquest and you earn points for the character you played as. Say, for the current conquest I played DK, the category he is in will get points because I played him.
I know, but the menu for Conquest is not visible for me, it doesn't even tell me if a match is part of Conquest (I checked the current participants on a friends copy of the game). It's as if my game doesn't even have the data for this mode.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I personally think Conquest mode could be a lot better if they didn't show off the statistics until the end. Because its like, why not just play the current winning team or character and get points for them so you can get free stuff? If Bowser is beating Villager by 75% to 25%, like hell I'm going to pick Villager to participate in it, kind of ruins it all.

p4k|wyatt

Smash Cadet
I personally think Conquest mode could be a lot better if they didn't show off the statistics until the end. Because its like, why not just play the current winning team or character and get points for them so you can get free stuff? If Bowser is beating Villager by 75% to 25%, like hell I'm going to pick Villager to participate in it, kind of ruins it all.
This. THISSSSSSS. Every Conquest so far has had one of my favourite characters on the losing team, and I want so badly for them to win! But its incentivized adding points to the winning team, so once they get behind, nobody will fight for them! It sucks :(

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
OK, I fixed it just had to reinstall the patch..........................twice :p

I guess we can just do general conquest discussion now

I agree with the above posts, seems a bit unfair that people get rewarded for hopping on a bandwagon

Last edited:

JetSetWoodo

Smash Rookie
NNID
JetSetWoodo
3DS FC
0146-9264-6465
I'm kinda bummed by how basic the Conquest system is. From both of the previous ones I've seen (Bowser vs. Villager and Brawler/Sword/Gunner) the victories have been a landslide and it's the same result in every region. I'm actually wondering if Nintendo are using it as a kind of census to help them understand which characters are popular, which need some additional balancing etc.

I think if anything, players should get equal rewards for playing well with both characters, as opposed to just quickly playing as the winning side whether you're a good Smash player or not.

CharZane

Smash Apprentice
I'm mostly just laughing at why they thought including little mac in any of these was a good idea, other than if they were going to make a joke-conquest of 'little mac versus everyone'. Outside of working as a census, I don't really see much point to Conquest, though-- public results in-progress is taken out of even forum polls half the time.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
This is gonna be a long week for me. I have lost count of how many Little Macs (all terrible) and foxes I've played today. Why out of all the people little mac.

I don't see a point in conquest mode actually. It would be better if they did hide the statistics for it. Also would be better if everyone got some kind of reward for participating.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
How do the points even work in Conquest mode? One time, I contributed 7 points for Peach. The next, I ended up contributing 11.

helado caducado

Smash Rookie
NNID
khmaster
3DS FC
3265-5104-9952
How do the points even work in Conquest mode? One time, I contributed 7 points for Peach. The next, I ended up contributing 11.
I think that when you get more KO´s, you will get more points

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I guess conquest is unique. I've never expected this but it seems like a nice little bonus to me. In a way, I feel like it's a way where the half of the smash community goes against the other half of the smash community. Kinda like some smash war. I agree with others on they should hide statistics and showed them in the end.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Yeah, showing the current rankings just encourages people to use the one that's already winning.

But is there even a larger bonus for those who "won?"

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Is Conquest mode still in beta? I'm pretty sure Sakurai once mentioned that Conquest mode is in beta, and never said that it got, um, finished, as a way to put it. If the team plans to do some extra patches for the mode (not just sprucing it up to make sure it works with no glitches or whatnot), then maybe more people will like it.

Personally I like the idea of it, though. It's not something I expected, and heck, even if I do badly with a character, knowing I contributed to the team I sided with can feel kind of good.

Hm. But, you know, if they did want to do a sort of "census" thing with this, hiding the rankings so people can't just choose the winning team might make it more accurate.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Ideally conquest mode will eventually be a stand alone match-making option where you have to pick one of the participating characters. Well, at least that's what I'd wanna see.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
I'm kinda bummed by how basic the Conquest system is. From both of the previous ones I've seen (Bowser vs. Villager and Brawler/Sword/Gunner) the victories have been a landslide and it's the same result in every region. I'm actually wondering if Nintendo are using it as a kind of census to help them understand which characters are popular, which need some additional balancing etc.

I think if anything, players should get equal rewards for playing well with both characters, as opposed to just quickly playing as the winning side whether you're a good Smash player or not.
True, the results have always been the same so far, but I still find it interesting to see the how much the "winner" won by in each region.

For example in the Mario vs Megaman Conquest the Americas region had Mario at 52% but in Japan it was 68% for him. I was surprised by how unpopular Megaman was in Japan in comparison to the Americas.

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Is Conquest mode still in beta? I'm pretty sure Sakurai once mentioned that Conquest mode is in beta, and never said that it got, um, finished, as a way to put it. If the team plans to do some extra patches for the mode (not just sprucing it up to make sure it works with no glitches or whatnot), then maybe more people will like it.

Personally I like the idea of it, though. It's not something I expected, and heck, even if I do badly with a character, knowing I contributed to the team I sided with can feel kind of good.

Hm. But, you know, if they did want to do a sort of "census" thing with this, hiding the rankings so people can't just choose the winning team might make it more accurate.
It feels like its a beta for sure, it cant even tell what team someone is really on. During the Gun vs sword vs fist conquest I earned points for team brawler beating a little mac even though lucario and little mac are on the same team so this means a conquest team can win facing its own team and never actually facing their "opponent" so its very broken.

Top Bottom