• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Ah, my friend was telling me about that show. Something about football players, he said he watched only a few eps before stopping because it was bad. I'm just looking for a really good anime to watch, I've seen like only 10 lol.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Ah, my friend was telling me about that show. Something about football players, he said he watched only a few eps before stopping because it was bad. I'm just looking for a really good anime to watch, I've seen like only 10 lol.
your friend is bad.

Cort

Apple Head
Heartless Raine: this *** from SWF keeps iming me
Heartless Raine: hes like LETS PLAY LOLZ
Heartless Raine: like every couple days
Heartless Raine: lol
lucifer eleison: rofl
lucifer eleison: who
Heartless Raine: XX DArk THING XX
Heartless Raine: lmao
lucifer eleison: ROFL!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA :X

I hope Cort reads this - Lol.
rofls

I swear sometimes I think he's Dazwa trolling/screwing around

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
rofl cort, why would you think its me, i've only done that once....or twice...to you...

but uh thumbs, it's going to be a matter of opinion. if you want to give a shot, watch the first couple of episodes or so like your friend did and see if you come to the same conclusion. I read through the manga instead of watching the anime so i don't really know how the anime is, but uh give it a shot. the quarterback is hilarious

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
Berserk is amazing. If you watch the anime now though, you might not like it because it's 'old' animation. A lot of my friends who got into anime recently don't like the crappier animation of older animes. After watching the series, you pretty much are forced to read the manga which is STILL coming out... bi MONTHLY. -_- But it's really good, a very good deep dark anime. I love it, the anime has an amazing soundtrack.

I used to set my ipod to Forces (from berserk) when I had a tourney match because it pumped me up. :D

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
LOL!
I finally fixed my internet.
I've only seen the beginnings of a bunch of Anime/mangas, and haven't really gotten into them.
One of them being Eyeshield, but I like it so far :3.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Also;
If you like Elite Beat Agents and don't mind my double post[Thanks Nus], you'll like this game(for the PC!):
http://osu.ppy.sh/
>.> With that said, someone suggest good Techno/JPop/JRock people I can search for Beatmaps of.
:3 Its lots of fun!
-DD

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I used to set my ipod to Forces (from berserk) when I had a tourney match because it pumped me up. :D
ROFL my current ringtone is forces. It's just so good. I'll agree that the animation of berserk sucks in the first few eps, but as you progess it gets better and better. The last episode was very well animated.

edit: DEFINITELY the most badass. Especially with the berserker's armor. Zodd comes close though.

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
Zodd is pretty badass but he's an apostle while Gutts is just a human. Random Gutts facts. I haven't read the manga in years so it might be old... it also might not have been in the anime, I don't remember.

~ Mother died when he was in her womb, so he gave birth to himself. I think travelers found him with the umbilical cord still in tact or he ripped it off himself, I forget.

~ Fights a pack of wolves when he was 11.

~ A succubus "seduces" him with plans of sex and assassination (obviously). As she transforms back to her normal form, he kills her because apparently he was really tricking her to sleep with him so that he could kill her. Mindgames.

~ Has a crossbow/canon or other weapon as an arm. Shoots it with a trigger pulled by his teeth. (I think? I forget...)

Edit: I'm not saying the animation is bad, just that it's old. Some people just don't like that old kinda looking anime, you can tell the difference between a picture from ten years ago and one from now. Old doesn't mean bad. I really liked the fight scenes and such, it has a lot of beautiful scenes.

_milktea

Smash Lord
Nus, I got your post on my LJ. Yar, I know who TMR is. Was his performance grand? Lucky lucky you.

ALSO, HEY CONNECTICUT. I just wanted to remind you of how ****ing mature I am, just sayin':

thumbswayup

Smash Master
That's all correct. I haven't read the manga in over a year. I stopped around volume 28 at a cliffhanger and couldn't resume cause my comp couldn't read the newer chapters. It's been so long that I'm going to start from the very beginning again and read all the way to where the manga currently is (volume 34 I think).

The whole segment that the anime covers is even better in the manga somehow. It's seriously the greatest (and longest) thing I've ever read.

Khaly

Smash Cadet
LOL speaking about that ice cream, I used to work at dairy queen

so one day I made a vag out of the cone and went around to my co-workers

"hey look! its a fleshlight, ice cream edition XD"

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
ROFL, it even looks like it has a vein in the middle. I am going to spam you with like a 100 aim messages about TMR in a little, after I finish something. I get, real giddy, when I think about him.

I think it's on volume 33 now. >.> Stupid bi monthly mangas, I heard it's supposed to hit like 50 volumes... 10 more years before the story finishes. It would really suck if the berserk creator (I don't know his name) died at like volume 49. -_-

Khaly

Smash Cadet
i brush against the freckles that i hated so
and life goes on and i heave a little sigh for you
its heavy the love that i would share with you
and it dissolved like it was just a sugar cube
now the little pain sitting in my heart has shrunken a bit
but it really does hurt me now
those silly horoscopes i
guess i cant trust them after allll

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
TMR means Takanori makes revolution. But yeah, it's just him but he has a band playing in the background that nobody knows. He was in Abingdon Boys School for a little. I actually liked the music from them better than his stuff by himself because his stuff is more poppy but still amazing. If you guys like Jrock, ABS is really good. If you guys watched darker than black, they did "Howling". The Kenshin song he did was "Heart of Sword."

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
It's hard for me to rate different Animes because of they're all in different categories. I really like shounens (typical boy animes, never give up and getting stronger, DBZ) but berserk is I think categorized as a Seinen (older audience) because it's so dark and such. It has some basic principles of shounens but is a deep anime. If you're looking for recommendations, you have to tell me the type of anime you like. Obviously everyone should watch/read Death Note but I think everyone has. Elfen Lied is a VERY GOOD dark anime. The manga is getting kinda weird but I really loved the anime and it's only 13 episodes. There's a lot, I haven't watched enough anime recently which sucks. I will this summer though. What kind of anime do you like?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
You love DBZ? WATCH OUR ABRIDGED SERIES! I posted it here earlier and the people who saw it loved it. ep 1 sucks, ep 4 is great, watch ep 4 first here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMd5dDP--1s

Well, I've only seen about 10 anime. I loved Death Note, although the last 12 eps were so bad it almost ruined the whole show for me. Cowboy Bebop was great, Mai Hime was very good, Fate Stay Night was good, Monster was pretty good, Claymore was good (despite it going completely downhill after ep 8). The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is my second favorite anime. I think it's a perfect show. Lucky Star was odd, but I have to say I enjoyed it overall.

Top Bottom