• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Cort

Apple Head
I don't know. He got like 400 dollars from his grandparents/parents to get a new guitar with.

It's most likely a regular guitar.

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
regular guitars are pretty sweet, i really wish he would bring it here and serenade me. in any event i'm going to east hartford to grab axel/stephen, be back in a bit. (to clear up any confusion, i'm taking my moms car)

~Alex

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
elliot smith only owned a $250 yamaha his whole career and he is was one of the most skilled modern guitarist/songwriters in america. expensive guitars don't mean ****. although a gibson SG supreme is pretty nice. in green or blue :D rickenbackers take the cake for best guitars, like 600 bucks and amazing quality for electric. i play bass anyway, just putting in my two cents.

also, trademark, my main is on malygos, but i also have characters on the PvP servers laughing skull and burning legion, since malygos is PvE. i also started a new character on eonar, and i think one on aggramar, just because they are in the vindication battlegroup. but, maylgos/burning legion/laughing skull ftw! :D

_V_

Smash Ace
Elliott Smith is not a guitar player...his main instrument is piano. It says it in some book I have (and by that I mean he played piano longer than guitar). Though you wouldn't know it by his music.

Kids my idol, or something.

Figure 8 is one of the best albums made in the past 20 years.

He was a modern day Beatle...if only there were 3 more of him...then maybe he would have gained more acclaim.

Edit//Gibson SGs are ugly and play like ***...though about 9748927349823 people disagree with me.

Edit 2//I am bored, so I am going to rant some more. Paul Reed Smith's are my personal choice for most amazing guitar. Other than that, I play Fenders. I have an Ovation acoustic...which I would not really recommend. I got it as a present. It took me like a year of setting it up to get it to actually sound and play nicely. No acoustic guitar can hold the jock strap of a Martin though...someday I want one :(:(

People don't realize that amps play a huge role in how your guitar sounds (and your tone knobs, but I am not even going to get into that). I want a Vox...someone buy me one -_-;

If one more person tells me that playing fast makes you good, I will shoot them in the head. Or that finger tapping is "disgusting." Or that pinch harmonics are "the ****." Music is not a competition. And dumb easy tricks like those make people cream their pants for no reason.

I think I am done...sorry about that, I am bored.

Yay, Esticle tomorrow! Stephanie is coming...everyone say hi to her ^_^

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
lol im at banks and thorn's right now. Unless the weather is absolutely craptastic, see you CTers tomorrow =)

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
I think I'm going to bring my laptop and video recording gear tomorrow so I can get some friendlies recorded for all of you. I need some opinions on the recording quality however, so here are some random videos I recorded just now at different settings. All the video I record will have to transferred to my desktop to edit (via flash drives or something).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jASae5DBxv4 This is the lowest quality recording and would be best to use if possible since it barely takes up any space.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKcAd3DAlNE Middle quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KacUMukZneY Best quality

Would I be able to get away with just using the lowest quality setting since I'll just be uploading it to Youtube anyway? If anyone wants to give their 2 cents, it would be cool.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Well, middle and lowest look the same to me, and High isn't THAT much of an improvement.
So, the more the merrier I say!
Go for the Low Quality. The people watching it should know whats going on already anyways.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'm not coming because SOMEBODY decided to ban rainbow cruise

who wants to partner?

Sure, we lost Rainbow Cruise, but now we have Pokemon Stadium :D!
Rainbow Cruise isn't loads of fun anyways.
-DD

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
New sig, ladies and gentlemen.

As many of you know, I'm working on a novel right now. I've had a case of writer's block the past month, but I finally got over it, and am approaching fifty hand-written pages. My new goal is to write at least fifty hand-written pages a month, every month, until the book is complete. I hope that announcing it will actually motivate me to keep to this goal.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
well steve i find http://dane.lauda-audio.pl/prod/4981/SGSUEDGH.jpg to be quite pretty. and i don't understand how they play like **** >.>; gibson isn't as amazing as most people think but i definitely still think it sounds way better than average. oh well. more importantly, elliot smith is a guitar player...it may not be his first instrument but i just meant to say he can play on a ****ty guitar better than 99% of SKILLED guitar players can on an expensive one. i know two kids, 1 has played folk guitar for like 6 years, the other has been playing classical guitar since he was a kid, and neither can play one of his songs at full speed. i mean, i'm guessing that right there is where the piano practice comes in, but still :p

random fact: did you know the weezer song "the other way" from their newest album "make believe" is about elliot smith's ex-girlfriend (or whatever you'd call her). rivers didn't like indie media being mean to her and felt sympathetic towards her guilt and pain. then the record label had him rearrange the lyrics a bit to not be so creepy.

random fact 2: did you know "i wear my sunglasses at night" by corey hart is actually about how america was becoming a totalitarian state, but his label had him change it to a love song to be more appealing. just thought of that because of the record label thing. you can see the original intention in the music video, though.

also...for the horde. raiding guild=my life is gone?

AxelSlam

Smash Ace
Mur-mur-murder Capital Awesome Level: 9000+
WOW
esticle was freaking amazing.
that was the greatest first tourney ever.
i met hella people too, so that's like omg yay

banks - too good :D (thanks for beating me in doubles DX lol)
mofo - omfg so goddam good.
V - awsm controller and jacket XD
dazwa - really cool, and has an amazing hoody
geos - looks like V, and has an awsm piercing
PC CHRIS!! - omg, so awsm. i hopw you feel better, and thanks again for signing my cone :D
moon-doggies - really good
prince - lol gt's, and your ice climbers are awsm.
rep - yeah you're not good at all lol. your an amazing luigi
OWM - the man.
_milktea!! - you're awesomexcore. lol
swiftbass - pretty cool dude.
darkdragoon - nice meeting you, also a cool dude.
and i met some more people, just can't think of names.
but
biggest praise goes to
MARK AND ALEX FOR BEING TEH BESTEST PEOPLES EVERS.
XD XD

EDIT:::for those that think they saw me, i was the kid wearing the red tripps and shirt
lol red emo ranger arse.

Papito

Smash Journeyman
the guy with pony tail who runs the counter at digital mayhem is a ball licking ******* and has gay sex with the guy whos a red head. f*uckin fruitcakes i dont care ill play people on my own terms and ill win

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
the guy with pony tail who runs the counter at digital mayhem is a ball licking ******* and has gay sex with the guy whos a red head. f*uckin fruitcakes i dont care ill play people on my own terms and ill win
haha, wow 10cl

Papito

Smash Journeyman
yo that dude is a thief son thats word, and i dont get played like that. he tried beating my cuzin for 20$, and he got snotty with me today i dont like it when people insult my intellegence

_V_

Smash Ace
Yeah, obviously Elliott Smith plays guitar more than piano live, I just meant that might be why he has a ****ty one. He is an amazing player...your friends really can't play his songs??? They aren't hard...with the exception of one or two. His chord use is awesome for only using major and minor chords 90% of the time and his melodies are genius. <3 Elliott Smith. Hazy and I need to hang out more haha :)

Papito was there today?? I have yet to meet you :(

Markstyle

Smash Rookie
yeah ditto what axel said! It was nice seeing all of you awesome ppl

I had a lot of fun except for the fact that I was basically forced by that stupid ******* to give cort and pc my ten bucks because we weren't allowed to do friendlies. I don't think I would have gone if I had to spend 20 bucks when I wanted to just go for fun, so next time warn me of that. Other than that, it was fun to do teams with Axel and show that Peach + Pikachu = hilariousness.

ps
Emmy (sp?) with the piercings who plays a *****in' zelda, you pwn at power shielding and low tier pwnage

Top Bottom