• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
rofl

while uploading those videos

I played the world ends with you for quite awhile

and I didn't advance the story at all

just played battles/bought stuff

and still had lots of fun >_>
Yes, I do that all the time. Am I just slow, or is that battle system actually refreshingly challenging?

Now all he has to say is FF6 is a great game and your socialization into the NE community will be complete.
DID SOMEONE MENTION FINAL FANTASY VI?!

Brawl = Street Fighter 2

Melee = Guilty Gear
Truth.

Multiquote is fun.

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice
Hey, why is the world ignoring my question, and I have another question world.... How do you multi quote? OH wait one more question.... Why am I calling you guys world?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Hey, why is the world ignoring my question, and I have another question world.... How do you multi quote? OH wait one more question.... Why am I calling you guys world?
multi quote is right next to the quote option, click it to highlight it and then click the regular quote on the next post u wanna quote son

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
i dont play online i have no patience for the lag.

why cant brawl be like mario kart that has no lag.
I think it's because the game itself is bigger than Mario Kart. That's why some people have to send back their Wii's so it will read Brawl.

Cort

Apple Head
and Mario Kart doesn't require frame perfection to be any good at

I'm pretty sure you can have like 20 frames of lag on Mario Kart and not really be able to tell LOL

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
Lies. He sucks at grabbing haha. jk.

I like using Falco the most in Brawl. He's so fun.
He was much more fun in melee
*short hop lasers you into pillar*

you are getting pretty good with him though I will give you that. I have more respect for falco after playing you b/c I thought he sucked (except for CGing :mad:).

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice
The Cort combo is ftilt in NYC

yesssss
and Mario Kart doesn't require frame perfection to be any good at

I'm pretty sure you can have like 20 frames of lag on Mario Kart and not really be able to tell LOL
DAAAAAM Cort combo the tilt master has done it..... And yes your probably right but do what silas did get a lan adapter, On my second note I FRIGGIN MULTIQUOTE IM A BEEAAAAAAST. Of course total exageration but for me this is a time to remember.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
He was much more fun in melee
*short hop lasers you into pillar*

you are getting pretty good with him though I will give you that. I have more respect for falco after playing you b/c I thought he sucked (except for CGing :mad:).
Thank you. It's a work in progress. I usually play as Marth but I don't think I'm gonna stick with him.

Cort

Apple Head
PC was on fire during these friendlies http://youtube.com/watch?v=6pDJyBzmLJQ

DJ Nintendo's thing is in the Bronx apparently

and even though Alex got a LAN adapter his connection online will only be as good as the slowest one. It's not like someone with a poopy internet connection will all of a sudden play near lagless with Alex just because he has a LAN adapter.

I need to move all of my stuff upstairs into my empty room

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
lol chillax man what i meant was i remember how you used to go all out to defend brawl, and how you used to get super bashed by everybody cuz of it. but lately your like brawl stinks, melee is so much better. i just found it funny thats all.

Sorry if you took it like that...im not MAD or anything...i'm just saying. Yeah, after playing with Alex and Mike a lot....this is what generally happens

As soon as I get there....Brawl
We play like MAYBE 10-15 matches of Brawl whether it be 1V1 or free for all with Mike
and then we just switch to Melee and after seeing how much there is to learn from Brawl...its a more developmental game. There is so much to learn from that game.
Like EVERY NIGHT I play with them I learn more and more and more and more.

Examples--

I used to just solely rely on Marths n air (back in my first tournmanet, VIII esticle)...I thought it was so quick...good knockback etc and i occasionally used his fair....I now find myself using fair a LOT more....Fair is good :)

I now RELY on the jump cancel grab...I did not know about the jump cancel for a while.

I used to jump around a lot and not stay on the ground. I thought that the whole game revolved around good shffling...Boy was I wrong. :-(

I've developed a better grab game, learned where I should throw particular opponents, and what instances I should use what throws.

I've finally learned how to use Marths Spike semi effectively. Yesterday I spiked Mike with it....he wall teched it...but I still was happy. :)

My edge guarding game against the space animals has drastically improved.

There are still plenty of flaws in my game but I'm getting better and better and better and better.

Melee > Brawl > any other game on the Wii (minus Wii Sports)

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman

DJ Nintendo's thing is in the Bronx apparently

and even though Alex got a LAN adapter his connection online will only be as good as the slowest one. It's not like someone with a poopy internet connection will all of a sudden play near lagless with Alex just because he has a LAN adapter.

I need to move all of my stuff upstairs into my empty room
First and foremost...that song rocks. FFX if I remember correctly?

Ha but seriously that was insane. The Bronx is mad far idk if I wanna drive all that way. I'll have to think about it. I have nothing to do saturday.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Trade, if there's room in your car I'll go pl0xxx
I'm tired now.
WEEGEE
ask sean. so far, its me, swift, sean, cort and i think aesir. no room unless aesir/cort leave :( or u lap up wit someone who isnt me cuz i wont be able to see the road
Brawl = Street Fighter 2

Melee = Guilty Gear
u mean brawl = justice league: task force.

on that note, watch this video and guess y i start lmao
http://btr.michaelkwan.com/2007/06/15/ten-worst-fighting-games-of-all-time/
A normal day when playing Brawl:

Turn on the wii. Think to yourself, "Why aren't I playing Melee?".
Select Snake as your character. Snake is fun.
Your friend selects Metaknight. Metaknight is not fun.
Start the match. Mortar Slide across the stage. Mortar slide is straight.
Your friend tornados across the stage. Tornado is gay.
F tilt and up tilt to your victory. Tilts are evil.
Your friend uses up b. Up b is the devil.
Tilts don't kill until medium percents.
Up b kills at zero.
Ask your friend, "Why aren't we playing Melee?"
He responds, "Because Melee is broken."
"Oh", you say, "then could you change your character?"
"No."
i have a similar story:

u guys playin brawl?
yea u wanna play?
sure
lets see how u do without advanced tactics
lol?
3,2,1,go
mortar slide
WTF??! stop using cheap tactics
ok... shield, ftilt, shield utilt, etc, etc...
yea i'm kind of amazing
no more snake
ok... ice climbers... grab.. grab... grab.... fair spike
... fux you....
we should play melee
...fux you...
None of the characters are lame, I haven't had any problems with any of the characters so far.
blasphemy. u cant possibly have no problems with jiggs

Papito

Smash Journeyman

you have to press the buttons like a million miles per hour to play like that. do you guys remember the old mario party games where they had those mini-games that you won by how fast you pressed the buttons or spun the joystick i bet you guys would have the world record for that.

Cort

Apple Head
Hey PoF, what about all of Melee's glitches that people rely on to win?

Or is my little PoFfy growing up? :) *pats head*

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
you have to press the buttons like a million miles per hour to play like that. do you guys remember the old mario party games where they had those mini-games that you won by how fast you pressed the buttons or spun the joystick i bet you guys would have the world record for that.
I love Mario party 1 and two is good too....the blisters...

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
the last time i played a button mashign minigame in MP was at pound 3. broke the skin off my finger from just one mini game. but i won so it was all worth it
I knew kids that had blisters that covered their entire hands and on their thumbs too. From what i heard though you could send Nintendo a picture of it and they would send you MP gloves for free haha.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Hey PoF, what about all of Melee's glitches that people rely on to win?

Or is my little PoFfy growing up? :) *pats head*
Yeah, I'm starting to look at things from an entirely different perspective now.

After this happened last night...I can officially say that the people I play...with, or without glitching can beat me----

Mike and I were playing on Battlefield. He was Falco, I marth. He had just spiked me onto the RIGHT platform and he had landed on the TOP platform. I got up....decided (thought it) to fall to the bottom and stand on the surface of the level. Mike fast falled and got their before me. He knew EXACTLY where I was going to go before I even initiated the command. I paused the game and looked at him and asked, "You knew EXACTLY what I was going to do didnt you?" "Yeah, pretty much."

Glitching is cool in Melee. It has made me better. :bee:

Top Bottom