• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
A bit odd that he was revealed in a blog post and not a trailer.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Lol at people comparing Misango to a Pillar Man.

Can the Jojokes ever dies?

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
so what are misango's arms made of? cause he's not the plant guy and honestly i cant remember the rest of the list

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh, misanga. They're popular with japanese kids right now and make a tonne of sense, given his name.
That's a pretty unexpected, but neat idea to inspire his character.

They have a lot of history, even dating back to many old tribes.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
According to the Tumblr post they're some sort of woven friendship bracelet type stuff. Doesn't really correspond with any of the datamined names.
I figured he was supposed to be "Shaman" given the whole mystical theme surrounding him.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i do apologise for the double post was the only way some of you would see this

anyway check out this piece of art from the team behind yooka laylee

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Party Crash: Min-min vs Ninjara.

Looks pretty close, at least in the lobby.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Alright, so considering that I've done this for several support threads, I've decided to post these here. I'm doing a series called The Stories of New Tendo City, and its basically a reimagining of Nintendo characters in a 21st Century New York City like setting called New Tendo City. The ARMS characters are a part of this, and I've made some briefs on the characters. Here are some of the ARMS characters...

Spring Man - An upbeat professional boxer in New Tendo City and one of Little Mac's friends. Lives with his boyfriend, fellow professional boxer Ninjara in an apartment across the hall from Lily Flyer and Ashley Robbins. Loves pizza a lot, to the point where the apartment the two share smells like it 24/7. Is said to have a love for both Mona's Pizza, and the Rosato Bros's pizza most of all. Consistently tries to feed it to Ninjara.

Ninjara - The quieter of the duo, and another one of Little Mac's friends. Lives with his boyfriend, fellow professional boxer Spring Man in an apartment across the hall from Lily Flyer and Ashley Robbins. Perfers to read books while wearing designer sweaters. Loves Spring Man, but wishes he would try and feed him ramen noodles rather than pizza. Close friend of Takamaru Tachibana, and the two practice sword fighting quite a bit lately.

Ribbon Girl - A celebrity female boxer who has a major cult following due to her outfit style which is based off of that of a schoolgirl's uniform. Despite the royalties she gets from the fans, she secretly hates them and wishes that they would leave her alone. Due to this, she's known for her disguises to hide from everyone. She's best friends with pop star and "F-Zero" racer Kate Alen.

For more information, everything is located at these two places!

http://fantendo.wikia.com/wiki/The_Stories_of_New_Tendo_City
https://smashboards.com/threads/the-stories-of-new-tendo-city-social.451965/

More to follow later from me! ~ Afro

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I'm still hoping that if Springman gets in, he gets costumes based on characters with similar model builds beyond Ribbongirl.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Are we sure the new character is a she?

This is from the same country that created FFIX's Kuja after all.

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
So like, between Doctor Coyle, Helix, Springtron, Hedlok, and Max Brass (Who probably could've signed his approval for their creation)....

I really wanna see this family sitcom

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well that's the last content update.

And there were so many characters in the code...

ARMS 2? Super ARMS? LEGS?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Dr. Coyle is honestly awesome.

She'd be a cool Smash character and probably a better second choice after Springman since she has more to offer difference wise from the rest of the cast. (Flight, Invisibility(?), Teleportation, TWO other ARMS. And a Final Smash where she could summon Hedlok.)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I agree, she'd be good for Smash alongside Spring Man. Spring Man represents ARMS itself and the good Dr brings her own brand of "Screw the Rules, I have green hair."

Plus she'd be the first playable female villain in the series (second if you count Wendy O. Koopa)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I wouldn't mind her having a costume based on her old self from her arcade ending art. (She looks like a normal scientist)

D

Deleted member

The only correct answer is Biff.

Anything else is automatically invalid.

But seriously I think ARMS is going to get a character and I'm placing my bets on Spring Man. I think Nintendo will want to showcase a successful IP on the Switch and this franchise has a lot of potential to grow. They would be wise to take advantage of the opportunity Smash provides to impact a franchise. It's already done so with Fire Emblem and I would argue the same for Mega Man and Bayonetta.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The only correct answer is Biff.

Anything else is automatically invalid.

But seriously I think ARMS is going to get a character and I'm placing my bets on Spring Man. I think Nintendo will want to showcase a successful IP on the Switch and this franchise has a lot of potential to grow. They would be wise to take advantage of the opportunity Smash provides to impact a franchise. It's already done so with Fire Emblem and I would argue the same for Mega Man and Bayonetta.
A lot Fire Emblem's support was done by Sakurai himself. I don't know if he'll do the same with this franchise, but at the very least, ARMS will get an Assist Trophy. I can't see it getting demoted to anything less than that.

D

Deleted member

A lot Fire Emblem's support was done by Sakurai himself. I don't know if he'll do the same with this franchise, but at the very least, ARMS will get an Assist Trophy. I can't see it getting demoted to anything less than that.
I was talking about how Smash impacts a franchise's future. We can argue that because Sakurai choose to add Marth and Roy in Melee that it lead to Fire Emblem being localized as of FE7 (except for one DS remake).

I believe that Mega Man and Bayonetta's appearance in Smash were importance factors in Capcom and Nintendo bringing back those franchises (and yes Bayonetta is owned by Sega but let's face it, she's not going outside Nintendo anytime soon) which is part of the reason why the Mega Man fan base pushed so hard for his appearance in Smash 4. Nintendo now has an original fighting IP that sells well and ARMS definitely looks like a franchise that could be A tier with a much better received game and more marketing muscles. The game has already been proven to be a success and there is room to grow for future installments.

To be fair, I don't think Sakurai would add ARMS for promotional purposes (especially since an ARMS 2 has not been announced yet) and Spring Man obviously would not get in solely to promote another installment but Nintendo definitely has agendas to push with the next Smash that will impact other franchises. By adding an ARMS character, Nintendo can fulfill a dualistic purpose; showcasing that Switch's IPs are successful in order to show strength in the console and to keep the public's attention on the ARMS franchise to ensure the next game surpasses the original.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I was talking about how Smash impacts a franchise's future. We can argue that because Sakurai choose to add Marth and Roy in Melee that it lead to Fire Emblem being localized as of FE7 (except for one DS remake).

I believe that Mega Man and Bayonetta's appearance in Smash were importance factors in Capcom and Nintendo bringing back those franchises (and yes Bayonetta is owned by Sega but let's face it, she's not going outside Nintendo anytime soon) which is part of the reason why the Mega Man fan base pushed so hard for his appearance in Smash 4. Nintendo now has an original fighting IP that sells well and ARMS definitely looks like a franchise that could be A tier with a much better received game and more marketing muscles. The game has already been proven to be a success and there is room to grow for future installments.

To be fair, I don't think Sakurai would add ARMS for promotional purposes (especially since an ARMS 2 has not been announced yet) and Spring Man obviously would not get in solely to promote another installment but Nintendo definitely has agendas to push with the next Smash that will impact other franchises. By adding an ARMS character, Nintendo can fulfill a dualistic purpose; showcasing that Switch's IPs are successful in order to show strength in the console and to keep the public's attention on the ARMS franchise to ensure the next game surpasses the original.
I think it also gave the Xenoblade series a helping hand too when Shulk appeared in Smash.

But we gotta be careful not to go nuts on advertising. PSASBR did and we got the wrong Dante out of it.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I think it also gave the Xenoblade series a helping hand too when Shulk appeared in Smash.

But we gotta be careful not to go nuts on advertising. PSASBR did and we got the wrong Dante out of it.
Too be fair, PSASBR's advertising wasn't their choice but the devs being bullied into doing it by Konami and Capcom.

Anyway, as long as the represented franchises are first/second party it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Happy Holidays everyone!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really like Misango honestly, as well as Twinella. I would want both in Smash if there's ARMS characters.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Okay, I think I have how I want to do an arms character in Smash in my mind. Let’s see if fleshing it out works. For neutral reasons, let’s just go with spring man (though I’m honestly partial to Min Min, Max Brass, or even Dr Coyle representing the franchise)

ARMs characters all having double jump abilities, will have significantly more sizable double jumps than they do in their game, though the animation will be the same, just with a lot more distance on the dash (which will Be their Up B) and their jump (and of course the Smash standard second jump). Everyone jumps higher in smash.

Their sheild will be special, and super crappy. Similar looking to blocking in ARMs, They will only be able to block attacks in front of them. (giant weakness, so they will have to be dominant if they have range and all enemies on one side.)

So your a neutral sends your right punch forward. It goes pretty fast compared to ARMs, as we’re dealing with a 2d plane (Mario runs faster in 2d than 3D) though missing with you arms extended leaves you open, though not as open as in ARMs. Forward tilt A will send your left punch.

Much like in ARMs, the ability to move and throw the other punch isn’t gone while waiting for your punch to return. But any Moves with that arm (including grabbing and blocking) are inaccessible.

B forward sends two punches at the same time. Fun bonus, this will have identical animation to your Grab. So this will be a great way to just mess with people on should they block the punch or not, as they could get grabbed. ARMs characters will as part of the balance for their weaknesses, have some stellar grabs when they hit with them.

B neutral changes your right arm. A heavy, middle, and lightweight cycle are offered all offering different speeds, strengths and weaknesses.

B down changes your left arm. Similar cycle.

B Up is the dash. If the character used has a special dash (like Min Min’s kick), it can boost this.

ARMs can be charged either by landing after jumping and using your up B, blocking long enough, or holding your up b from the ground after dashing in a direction. Just like in ARMs. This adds damage and the elemental effect of the three ARMs that would be used Smash. They also get charged by using or charging your Smash attacks.

Added moves need to be made for the Up and down tilts. As well as the aerials.

Okay, it’s got some flaws. But as a bare bones concept of really bringing arms to Smash similar to as Ryu brings Street Fighter, any thoughts?

FutureSky

Smash Cadet
I support!

I think an ARMS fighter is guaranteed, there's really not many relevant IPs to choose from, so that alone makes it likely

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, not only is ARMS getting a free 3 day demo, SUPER SMASH BROS FOR SWITCH IS A THING.

I hope ARMS didn't miss the boat for character inclusions.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think so too, though I am weary of the possibility of the Roster being finalised earlier than ARMS.

My money's on Spring Man or Ribbon Girl, as before.

Top Bottom