• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*CONFIRMED FAKE, PLEASE LOCK* New-ish vids...Seem fake, but take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDUDE

Smash Ace
EDIT:

So it turns out these aren't SSBB vids, but a game called Small Arms. Thread ovar.

- - - - - - - - - -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUlzTtDi2gs

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06YrqYMK3kk&NR=1

Short, bad-quality clips, supposedly of leaked SSBB footage, but I doubt it. You can see someone jump in the first one, and I think the little P1/2/3/4 symbols are there. The second one shows lightening, a character, and a MegaMan theme. However, the MegaMan theme isn't even a remix. It's the actual song. I honestly think these are fake, but take a look. They're incredibly short (a few seconds each), so...

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
I'm guessing they're fake, especially since they don't directly show you anything except for the P1/P2 symbols. They're incredibly blurry most likely to hide the fact that they're fake and convince people that they're real.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
So obviously fake not it's even worth talking about. It was shot in some guy's bedroom, for christ's sake.

Well, maybe not a bedroom, but the quality is so bad, that's what it looks like.

serosfan

Smash Apprentice
Who is the character in the second video supposed to be?

Anyway, seem real, doubt so. Would be interesting, though.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Actually the Megaman song IS a remix, the lead is not remixed, but the beat and drums are. That character that is jumping looks to be Pit, and these designs are too good to be fake. Alas there was many E-4-All footage that was crappier quality than this, right now it's 50/50. The first video looks more real, it's possible, if these get taken off soon we will know...

I think Phoenixdragoon on IGN.com has analyed these pretty intently, see his findings.

http://blogs.ign.com/phoenixdragoon/2007/12/18/74655

impulse346

Smash Cadet
To me it looked like the character jumping in the first video was sonic, and was something pulling him back? But this doesn't really look like brawl footage to me.

Croco

Smash Lord
Well the videos are not from DreamMix TV World Fighters..
Shonen Jump? NOPE

Video 2-
Look like Sora or Pit doing a back flip.. hmm
The music-NO CLUE
The backround-???
The player triangles- They don't match up at all with the screens.

Video 2-
I don't recognize that thing AT ALL.
That music sounds.. familiar. Sounds like a Megaman song..
BECAUSE IT IS!!! It's Cutman's theme song!!! from Megaman 1

Then what is it?
It could actually be SSBB.
On the other hand.. it could be something someone made in MUGEN.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So his name is NikHondo, 40 years old and lives in Japan, doesn't have much of a video history of creating fakes... Has terrible English and only name to fame will be these videos. I guess I will go against the tide and say it is a 50/50 could be, could not be. First time I saw it I thought it was fake, since then I took the URL of the vids, opened them up in a HTML doc on my PC. Been looking at them ever since, as I view them more and look at the background, lighting, mechanics, sound, music and everything else it begins to look more and more likely to me.

It still might be fake, it might not be, if it is; than people can get real bored over there in Japan.

spindash

Smash Ace
The first video's song has the 'Final Zone' theme from the original Sonic the Hedgehog. It doesn't even sound remixed at all. But just thought I'd point that out.

I'd say...it's 50-50 at this point? These are pretty weird...

Phlemingo

Smash Ace
hehe. It seems the Japanese have created a similiar version of SSBB. Click on Nik Hondo's name. Scroll down. You will see a comment by some rockmx8 guy. Click on his name. Under his videos, you will see Simon Belmont vs. Solid Snake. That video is the exact same thing.

Croco

Smash Lord
I like how sooo many people like to call out that it is "FAKE."

Can you give us all a reason why it is fake?
If not.. then don't come to any final conclusion and spam the discussion with just saying it is fake without anything to back it up..

It is possible it could be real.. like some have said.. 50/50.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
For one thing, the music is a direct rip. If it was truly Brawl, it would orchestrated, if not remixed.

Phlemingo

Smash Ace
I like how sooo many people like to call out that it is "FAKE."

Can you give us all a reason why it is fake?
If not.. then don't come to any final conclusion and spam the discussion with just saying it is fake without anything to back it up..

It is possible it could be real.. like some have said.. 50/50.
On Youtube type Dream Mix TV. Its the exact same thing as those two videos.

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna go ahead and say 50/50, but I don't see the avatars at the bottom.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
rofl. How the hell is this 2D? Proof: In the second video, the character is casting a shadow on the stairs, going UPWARDS. At the end, we see it move, and the shadow shifts down. Shadows do not move vertically in 2D.

Croco

Smash Lord
On Youtube type Dream Mix TV. Its the exact same thing as those two videos.
Dream Mix TV World Fighters does not have stages like those.. and does not have that music.
also the characters shown look nothing like the ones in Dream Mix TV World Fighters.

I also do not see falling hearts..
And in the video with the mysterious character standing there.. it flips down a bit revealing a piece of the hud. That is nowhere in Dream Mix TV World Fighters.

Then the is the fact that Dream Mix TV World Fighter's camera moves ALLOT. Like toooooo much. The camera isn't moving at all.

Phlemingo

Smash Ace
Well if you notice the characters are about the same size in Dream Mix and these unknown videos and the character speed is similiar between Dream Mix and these videos.

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
First one

Music is DIRECTLY from Final Zone in Sonic 1
Blue & Green markers switch around TWICE
Green marker goes high up early with nobody below, but when Sonic shows up it's almost ON his head.
Even if it's true, it's only 1 new stage & 1 new Item; hardly anything worth leaking.

Second one

Marker says J1, not P1
He waits until the very end to move
Cutman's theme on a stage more fitting for Elecman's
Character faces what would be the screen on a real stage for WAY too long for it to be a taunt.

Both

Comments disabled. Coincidence? I think not.

this (It's Spanish to English, not Japanese to English)

Someone links "Wuying Ren" on that forum with the "leaker" here about halfway down the web page. Odd... he says he's from Japan, but he's quite fluent in Spanish.

Croco

Smash Lord
Well if you notice the characters are about the same size in Dream Mix and these unknown videos and the character speed is similiar between Dream Mix and these videos.
Dream Mix is much faster.. and the camera is more chaotic and the stages are huge.
Where are these stages in Dream Mix?
Where are the falling hearts?

JDUDE11

Smash Rookie
I have this game on XBOX. It's not Dream mix, its a game called Small Arms. I recognize the level and weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom