• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Concerning all-star mode.

Cyber

Smash Rookie
I can't figure out how I choose my characters in all-star mode (the one that replaces angle-camera), does anyone know how to do this?

McSlur

Smash Journeyman
Let's say you have 3 stocks, you would hover your coin character selector thingy over your first character, select his/her color with Y and X, then press A to select them. After that, you would repeat the process with your 2 and 3rd character, but with the 3rd character, you would leave the coin character selector thingy on that character.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

Celestis

Smash Ace
I do hope the future of All-star is fine tuned a bit more. This mode isn't completely user friendly without some pre-understanding.

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
pretty self explanatory and works really well- just choose your character like you do, and pick it over and over till your done.

you can even use the same character, different custume.

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
You select your characters in order choosing costumes before characters, you can have up to 51 selections per player, selections are not in any way linked to stock count. If you make a mistake you can click your CSP to undo your last selection (it will change to reflect this(this will not work if your last selection was random so select another character first if so)) Random works and randomizes differently for every time a random selection is come accross so if you just select random once you will get a different character every stock. In match once all selections have been gone through it will loop back to the beginning. After the match is over your selections from last match will still be active, but if you select another character they will be overwritten

Similarly to how you have to pick colors before characters in free for all in teams you have to decide team color before you pick your characters, changing teams after you pick characters will change teams but not team colors

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Well that clears that up. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing before.

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
You select your characters in order choosing costumes before characters, you can have up to 51 selections per player, selections are not in any way linked to stock count. If you make a mistake you can click your CSP to undo your last selection (it will change to reflect this(this will not work if your last selection was random so select another character first if so)) Random works and randomizes differently for every time a random selection is come accross so if you just select random once you will get a different character every stock. In match once all selections have been gone through it will loop back to the beginning. After the match is over your selections from last match will still be active, but if you select another character they will be overwritten

Similarly to how you have to pick colors before characters in free for all in teams you have to decide team color before you pick your characters, changing teams after you pick characters will change teams but not team colors
Umm... Do we know if it ever might work properly for the Wii..?

It seems to crash after trying to use a number of characters...

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
All-Star Versus officially has no crashing bugs, If you can come up with a method to crash it that is reproducible by everyone please do so

Jevedor

Smash Cadet
not a bug, but an issue i have with all-star mode that is more workflow related.... you can't undo an accidental character selection. If i mean to select one character but click the wrong one (or even just change my mind), changing them afterwards means the mode thinks its the next character in the line up, not a replacement. I would love to see a roster list of what has been selected that could be undone or modified. A little more user friendly.

Jevedor

Smash Cadet
Oh! that is useful to know... I still wouldn't call it intuative/user friendly though. With that in mind what could be done (if possible) is having a little line of stock heads above the csp (top left maybe) to show the line up that has been selected. I imaging that is no simple task to engineer though, as its not in the realm of existing game logic.

Rizner

Smash Ace
In teams, twice yesterday a stock was taken from a teammate who had two, which resulted in both members of the team having one stock. When the teammate who's stock was taken died, they still respawned like they had two socks. Unable to consistently reproduce.

Top Bottom