• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Concerning A Classic Adventure Mode...

47drift

Smash Journeyman
Hey folks.

For sure, everyone around here is excited as ever to play the new Adventure Mode: Subspace Emissary. As much as I am also, as I can't wait to see all the characters I know and love come together, one thing definitely came to mind recently.

What will happen to the classic Adventure mode seen in Super Smash Bros. Melee? Though it wasn't always much of a fan-favorite, I loved the classic Adventure mode. It was neat to see characters from alternate universes in the settings of other famous characters, such as Mario in the Zelda maze.

So, what will become of it? Will it be kept in, modified, or removed altogether? And what about All Star Mode? Are there too many characters now to bring back one of the most impressive modes in the Smash Bros. universe?

I personally hope classic Adventure Mode comes back. And hopefully there are some people with me on that. Not that I have anything against Subspace Emissary, but the more modes the merrier, right?

darkhamsterlord

Smash Apprentice
I despise Classic Adventure. It took FOREVER to complete TWENTY-FIVE times! Just imagine it with all of Brawl's characters! It got pretty repetitive. I'd have to find things to listen to while I played, so I could just ignore the fact that I just did this 5 times.

Although I'm all for All-Star mode!

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
SEE is an IMPROVED adventure mode!! It's what adventure mode was meant to be!

Adventure mode got very old very fast! Wasn't even co-cop! SEE FTW BABY! All-star mode might get replaced with another unlockable mode or something to that effect.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Melee's adventure mode is just a small taste of what Brawl's adventure mode will be. I don't think its "classic" but more or less.. a foundation which to build on.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Agreed on this note. I'd like a quick and dirty Adventure Mode with I have just enough time for a challenge, but not enough time for a hardcore setting. And I really hope All--Star sees a face-lift as well. Two modes, Classic and survival. Can you defeat all the other smashers without going down first in one long battle? Think 100-man melee only with all the smashers one by one or in groups until you've defeated them all.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
I personally could care less about Classic Adventure mode. I'm much more interested in Story Mode (aka SSE, I name it Story mode because it's different than the Adventure mode I know.) I'm actually guessing the new Classic mode is a hybrid of Classic and Adventure. If you think about it, it only makes sense it would come back that way. Btw, All-Star will come back, it's too big an opportunity not to take up. ;)

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
All-Star is, at its core, nothing more than a stylish, "Smash-verse" version of the "Arena" from Kirby Super Star (which Sakurai also made, natch). If Sakurai adheres to his basic gameplay design, All-Star will be back.

But any way...yeah, I could do without Melee's Adventure, when SSE looks to be doing everything it was doing and more. Add a lil more filling to Classic/Arcade mode, perhaps, but that should be enough...

Eagle

Smash Lord
I despise Classic Adventure. It took FOREVER to complete TWENTY-FIVE times! Just imagine it with all of Brawl's characters! It got pretty repetitive. I'd have to find things to listen to while I played, so I could just ignore the fact that I just did this 5 times.

Also, I agree, I HATE classic adventure. BURN IT.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Considering the Dojo refferes to the SSE as "Adventure Mode" I'm going to have to say it's been axed. I never really cared for it, and I don't really want to have to play it again just to unlock stuff; it's too repetitive. Besides, the ability to visit alternate worlds with your characters already exists in every other mode of the game. I don't see why Melee's adventure mode is all that special in that respect.

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf

Coward! Non-Smasher!

I beat it something like 75 times. Very easy with everyone when I got it, Medium later, and Very hard later. I haven't got enough coins to do very hard with everyone yet, but there've been other runs as well. Surely you can do it 25 times.

S2

Smash Lord
I thought classic adventure was fun.

I don't think I'd want to see the same one again though.

Also, I'm not holding my breath, because SSE is basically the same concept except bumped up a notch.

Ragzito

Smash Rookie
I highly doubt classic adventure mode will be in, as the aspects that made it unique (Mario side scrolling level, Zelda dungeon, etc) are being implemented in SSE, except at a much higher quality. If it is included in some form I hope there aren't too many unlockables tied to it, as it becomes really tedious after the first couple run.

brawl_maniac

Smash Journeyman
I never really hated it, but it did get VERY boring and repeatative, but i hope all-star mode comes back revampedand umphed up, you know, instead of defeat an enemy, go to a park like level, do next battle, you know.I'm hoping for an All-Star mode in which it shows a cut-scene in which you get challenged by a random character, and there will be stuff to help ypu get rady for your next fight, and you will be able to choose a stage, rather than have one set for you.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I thought it was boring, and wouldn't really like to see it back. It was fun at first with the Mario platforming stage, the Zelda dungeon (which could have been better) but it eventually just slacked off, and was just boring.

SSE = Adventure mode + good. I don't see much reason for classic adventure mode. I'd prefer Classic, SSE, All Star, and something entirely new, if anything.

Top Bottom