• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Computer Arena Brawl Tournament Nov 9. Roswell, GA!!!

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
10895 Alpharetta Highway
Roswell, GA 30076

Sunday Nov. 9 at 1 pm

***************UPDATED TIME LIMIT*************
65/25/10 pot split
Singles Rules:
-$10 Entry Fee
-3 Stock
-67 minute timer
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-Double Elimination Bracket
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-Falco's Laser Locking is Banned
-If a game ends with Bowser/Kirby/etc. doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

**********BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER*******
You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Players Will Either Agree on 1 of these maps, or do random with these maps:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Next Loser Counter Picks a map from the four listed above, or any others if opponent agrees
Winner then selects a character, and then loser.
Third match goes in the same fashion.
You may not select a map you have previously won on unless opponent agrees.

*Double blind character selection may be called

*******************Doubles Tournament Will Only Happen if Time Permits**************

Additional Rules for Double's Play:
-$20 Per team
-Life Stealing is allowed
-Set team attack to ON
-All other singles rules apply

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Somewhat interested.
Standard time limit should be 7 minutes, however.
Also: Please post pot split information.
Recommended: 70/20/10 or 60/25/15.

While part of me is happy that Stadium and Lylat are off, the other part is sad.
4 stages means no bans.
I have absolutely no problems with an all-neutrals tournament.
As long as all the neutrals are there... :p

In summary: Please consider fixing the time limit and listing all neutral stages. Also post pot split information.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Oh nos! Desu is comming!! Everybody run!!! XD

The only fee you would need to pay is the fee to enter the tournament. Although I do not think they allow random people to just walk in and watch...

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
oh jeeeez its reflex ohhh noooo. I need to come up with a team name sooo obnoxious that it scares him away....hmmmmmm

Team Team Go Fun Happy Time Clan Awesome Super Team Brawl Squad Ultra Force Extreme Mean Fighting Machine Mega.........Del Toro

....That might just work....

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
Lemme know your opinion on this, but i was thinking of using a soft mod to turn tripping on 90% chance instead of 1%. good idea right?

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
We are considering adding more maps to the list, to add better counterpicking, but there are a few options for this:

Players will then be allowed to ban 1(or 2?) stages.

1. There will be a list of allowed counterpick stages, that exclude maps that alter gameplay too much; such as norfair, new pork city, castle siege, super mario bros, warioware, etc.

2. When counterpicking a stage, the player provides 2 choices for the opponent.

These rules can be flexible, please respond with your opinion. Feel free to post maps that you feel should be banned/allowed/ w/e

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Delfino Plaza should be allowed, because the music is awesome.

Uh, I mean, for the most part, it's as good as neutral, and the walk-offs don't stay for too long.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
1) L2Edit. You might actually get points for double/triple posting now.
2) Use standard rules to attract more attention. Start with the SBR rules list and go from there.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
Ill probably come.

Reflex do you play with captain falcon now? ****ing epic if so. I play a little captain falcon on the side next to Bowser, hes just so much fun.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Ill probably come.

Reflex do you play with captain falcon now? ****ing epic if so. I play a little captain falcon on the side next to Bowser, hes just so much fun.
I'm trying to...I'm trying quite hard to make it work.

The biggest thing is, I don't have much matchup experience with him at all; mostly Dedede, honestly, 'cause my older brother is almost all I play.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
I'm trying to...I'm trying quite hard to make it work.

The biggest thing is, I don't have much matchup experience with him at all; mostly Dedede, honestly, 'cause my older brother is almost all I play.
I swear to god, if you beat my Dedede with Captain Falcon, I'll probably cry. :<

Saltix

Smash Lord
I want to go to this, but I have ride johns however.
Have fun to everyone there!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Everyone needs to find time to go to this. I'm doing my best, and you should, too.

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
This tournament may or may not be rescheduled. Many of the people who I personally know who were gonna go cant anymore, and this thread doesnt make it seem like we will get a huge turn out. This is not final at the moment, so for now it will still happen. But if rescheduling would work out better for anyone, please respond and provide a date that would be good for you. This tourney will not interfere with waba's tourneys, but besides that most weekends should be okay. Please respond.

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
After checking computer arena's schedule, we cant reschedule at a practical time this year. So it will still go on as planned, but it may be a small tourney. Thats not too bad tho, that may just mean more play.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
(>^.^)> <----Kirby!!!

....yeah, it would be cool if some people that are going that didn't post here would post that they are going so we get an idea of how many people are actually going to go.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Methinks the Desu and I will make this, but I still have work that night at 10pm... my attendance pends on whether or not I deem I can make it to work on time.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I am currently in a Krystal restaurant a couple miles from the venue.

Someone better have a good reason for why the venue is fucking closed (or, better yet, that the sign says they don't do business on Sundays!)
Fuck me, right? Three hours of driving...I hope I missed something.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It got cancelled. It's a good thing I stayed at Sleepy's house last night, 'cause now I just wasted an entire day, rather than an entire day and $30 in gas.

You can't sense the anger in my post, but I hate whoever is unfortunate enough to be reading this post. :(

Top Bottom