• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPLETELY VANILLA Mafia | Game Over

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
feeling really lost right now and need to figure out who tf UPs partner is because if it isn't him and someone else I've been really ****ing outplayed
The blue is where you go wrong. I'm the light that will help you find your path to victory. Yet it includes Meta of UP. Let's talk Frozen Flame.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
UP, Xiivi's Day 1 is exactly my D1 from Oasis Mafia. Xiivi was just wrong. Oasis Mafia is a pure example of how town can try their best to try to find mafia, get it wrong twice, and then get blamed for it. Then mafia, try to keep their hands clean. This is Boom to a B.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I just have to get FrozenFlame and UP to look at each other and realize they are looking at town.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Ran you’re going to need to seriously convince me because Xivii was a critical part of two yeets that I was adamantly against and never actually addressed the fact that they were wrong. I’m not sure if your goal is to make me lighten up to you so that you can have me vote either Somi or Boom so you and FF can hammer but I’ll have to get back to you on that.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
The best you’re looking at from me is if I put everybody’s name in a random number table and vote randomly. Because right now the fate of the game is entirely in my hands, because I’m going to KISS and place a vote by tomorrow, probably. It’s detrimental if I hold off for too long because then I’ll doubt myself and that would go against everything that I’ve stood for this game, if you can say I’ve stood for anything.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The first fire drill I would do as town as well, and I have done exactly that in Oasis Mafia. Xiivi has done this as town before as well. The point being, drum up chaos to find scum, because it's in scum's best interest to remain comfortable. I can also see it as Xiivi likely having doubts on Mercuri, as Merc was really nulling it up. I think that Xiivi doing that at all, shows he, and therefore I, am town because scum don't want to do such things that can draw attention to themselves. It would make more sense if Darkpit was scum.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
At the very least, UP, look at what I have to say about Boom and see if I'm making sense, or if I'm making things up. Then decide.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Merc was really nulling it up
“Nulling it up” is hardly a reason to yeet, much less improve the gamestate as Xivii was attempting to imply. Merc’s yeet said nothing about anything, while DP’s would’ve been not great but it was a better alternative. Going into D2, DP was the worst option based on his position as being the other option D1, his pessimistic tone and assumption that he had already been yeeted but continuing to give pointers, and the fact that it would’ve wholeheartedly sucked if the “Noisy Child” was scum, so he more than likely wouldn’t have been scum there. Yeeting DP was so incredibly scum-motivated from my eyes, but the one thing that it did say is that Somi and Xivii are probably not aligned due to Somi’s positioning on Xivii at the end of D2.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What I mean is, Merc was basically non-contributing by that point, and it's hard to read scum from that if he is scum. As town, we don't know alignments, so it's likely Xiivi was worried Merc was scum trying to skate by another day. The only benefit to yeeting Merc was the possibility that he'd flip scum, and I think Xiivi was hoping for that. Yet at the same time, again, I see it as a town tactic more than scum motivated switch. (There is no formula to scum, anyone can be scum, it's not always players that are active that can be scum, scum can be inactive as well, it's all RNG and we have to try to gauge that out)

Anyway, I think Merc was the wrong move but it exposed a scum tell from Boom that I have already outlined.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
It’s not suspicious because you’re addressing it like it’s supposed to be. You wouldn’t do it if you were actually scum, you’d just agree on FrozenFlame, I would’ve voted there, and you would’ve won. But of course that didn’t happen, your attitude right now is townie as heck and I believe that Xivii suddenly started townreading you so that you’d be more willing to side with him.

You trying to convince me that your interaction with Xivii being suspicious when we’re in lylo and you’re one misyeet away from winning makes you town, but not Xivii. Just you in this instance.
Sweet, but those are all evidence that came after you'd already concluded I'm town. I want to know what made you think I'm town before that. Because I have to understand your thinking so I know it's sincere and not just jumping to a conclusion that scum already know.

Ugh I hate playing mafia
This right now is the best part of Mafia. All the information gathering is done. It's time to put your powers of deduction and persuasion to the test. If you don't like this part of Mafia, this game really might not be for you.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Boom, I have questions addressed to you if you didn't see them yet.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
BoomFrog BoomFrog : Why haven't you defended UP when FrozenFlame was pushing him Day 1? Why didn't you get involved in the early game of the game? What was your game plan, and the results of said game plan.
I don't remember D1 the incident you are referring to. Link?

I got involved as soon as I could. All delays were a result of when I found enough time to catch up on the thread. I never held back that I can recall except for when I was waiting for answers from low activity players.

D1 was just try to catch scum who reacted weirdly to the role situation. D2 plan was if DP flipped scum yeet Somi, if DP flipped town yeet Xivii. The Herculean effort by Xivii to link me scum DP convinced me that Xivii was possibly mates with DP, but probably town if DP was town. So the DP yeet still seemed like the best play, especially since Xivii had sneakily fought against it at the last minute D1.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Another thing I've noticed: Boom, you have Somi in your scum row in your #148. Yet I don't ever see you vote for Somi. Can you explain the reasoning for that, and how your stance on Somi has progressed through out the game until now.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I also need you as my sound board otherwise I'll go insane talking to myself. I think I've said all I needed to say for now. I'm going to watch anime but I'll be around whenever activity picks up.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
BoomFrog BoomFrog : #241, #435. Why haven't you responded to FrozenFlame relating to UP, who you town read? Why no defense there?
My read on UP was literally, "I vibed with him". Like, he said the things I was thinking as I read through the game so that gave me a good feeling. But it's A) not strong enough for me to be sure he's town. and B) Not something that would be convincing to Frozen. Anyway, I felt Frozen's arguments were town motivated, why get involved in that? If an UP yeet started looking seriouse that would have been interesting to see who went for it. If it doesn't happen that's interesting too. Me interfering is only needed if I'm worried there will actually be a missyeet.

Boom, what's your ordered reads list?
I'd rather not answer that right now, I'd like Frozen to commit to a read first. I've been generally considered solid town by most players and I'm pretty sure that I'm going to end up in the final judgement position here. No need to tip my hand prematurely. You should trust your predecessor, he knows me better then you do.

Another thing I've noticed: Boom, you have Somi in your scum row in your #148. Yet I don't ever see you vote for Somi. Can you explain the reasoning for that, and how your stance on Somi has progressed through out the game until now.
Because DP was more scummy. Somi has never been actually scummy, just PoE since they also haven't been actually townie. They just don't take enough hard stances to be readable. The only think I can confidently say about them is they are not scummates with you. It would have been nice to have resolved DP D1 instead of having the stale D2, but here we are.

The feeling I got was that you were being passive and stalling on Day 1.
I post less then other people do because I try to keep the noise down in thread. I feel like it overwhelms the lower volume players like Somi, and Mercuri. But I try to keep what I say high density and relevant. When you are writing for 10 other people to read, it's polite to spend twice as long to reduce your writing to what is most relevant. Long story short, I think I do this every (recent) game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'd rather not answer that right now, I'd like Frozen to commit to a read first. I've been generally considered solid town by most players and I'm pretty sure that I'm going to end up in the final judgement position here. No need to tip my hand prematurely. You should trust your predecessor, he knows me better then you do.
Are you comfortable with how the game state is going currently? Tell me, what is the pro-town motivation in you not answering that question now. Is there nothing you can give me while I wait for Frozen to post tomorrow? Does your attitude here actually help progress the win condition of town?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Me interfering is only needed if I'm worried there will actually be a missyeet.
Has this always been the case for you in previous games? (Only defending upon impending yeet) [Especially relating to UP]

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Boom, I find you neglecting to answer the reads list question as scum minded. If you were town, and I was wrong on you, you would then be more likely to try to convince me I'm wrong rather than simply tell me to refer to Xiivi's read on you. I also find it suspicious from you because you neglecting to share shows you are comfortable with the positions and feel that you don't even need to convince anyone of anything, and instead have a pre-agenda stance ready for when Frozen gives his read. Essentially, UP's confidence in my slot being scum, and Somi having myself at the bottom of the reads list, has you comfortable with the game state. I don't think you should be using how others perceive your slot as a reason to be an enigma at mylo/lylo.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Has this always been the case for you in previous games? (Only defending upon impending yeet) [Especially relating to UP]
No, I'll also defend if people are getting stuck in reads that I know are wrong and I want them to move on.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh, bummer. Hi, Ranmaru.

Boom
Frozen
Xivii/Ranmaru (with Frozen)
UP (with Boom)
On one hand, I just can't trust nobody now, but on the other hand this streamlines things a bit.
Hey there Somi, good to see you. Can you explain your reads list with reasoning for them individually and for the pairing.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Boom, I find you neglecting to answer the reads list question as scum minded. If you were town, and I was wrong on you, you would then be more likely to try to convince me I'm wrong rather than simply tell me to refer to Xiivi's read on you. I also find it suspicious from you because you neglecting to share shows you are comfortable with the positions and feel that you don't even need to convince anyone of anything, and instead have a pre-agenda stance ready for when Frozen gives his read. Essentially, UP's confidence in my slot being scum, and Somi having myself at the bottom of the reads list, has you comfortable with the game state. I don't think you should be using how others perceive your slot as a reason to be an enigma at mylo/lylo.
I do want to reassure you. It would be nice to help you get a good read on me. But it won't help town.

I AM comfortable with the current game state. I'm pretty sure UP is going to vote for you soon, and I am pretty sure one of you is scum. You will have to cross vote him, and your read of me will be irrelevant. The only way this is a problem is if the scum team is Frozen+Somi and I find that very unlikely.

So, yeah, I'm willing to bet the game that you and UP contain exactly one scum and me withholding my true opinions right now will help me catch the second scum. We'll be down to me deciding a 50/50 shot to win the game, which is as good as we can get after a series of missyeets.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Can you explain why you asked Somi this question?
Because Somi had recently stated they thought Xivii was scummier and the inconsistency is concerning. I'm still thinking about if that was a real mistake or a cover up after I asked for clarification

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Re-post for transparency before I go to sleep: somitomi somitomi : Can you explain how you messed up your scum list order? Why did you vote Xiivi regarding the mass claim but not show such concern in your #70? (Night for real)

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Curious why you asked Somi this as well, and what you thought of his answer.
If I recall correctly, Somi had recently said they found Xivii and DP both scummy, but Xivii more so. I asked that question because I'd realized Somi hadn't really said why. Somi replied while I was V/LA so I didn't think about the answer too hard, but it's a very unsatisfing answer. He is clearly not putting a lot of effort into trying to solve the game. Somi is either apathetic/lost town or scum trying to coast by.

I haven't totally decided which, and I'm going to withhold answering which way I'm leaning.

Top Bottom