• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete Silliness: Smash Shipping

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
For you FE shippers, here are the canon ships for Awakening: http://serenesforest.net/awakening/characters/supports/support-table/
Avatar is actually destined to stay alone.
Lucina canon ships with Laurent.
Of course, these are just based off the assumption that the fastest ship is canon.
Oh, and we got these datas thanks to a surge in the 3DS hacking scene due to Smash 3DS coming out. ;)
SO HAH IS WHAT I SAY, HAH.
It would have been cool if Sumia/Crumbs pair was in the game. I want a pegasus knight. OH, BETTER YET JUST PUT SHIIDA IN THE GAME WITH MARTH!
Edit: No, no, no. Then I'd be forced to stop shipping Marth x Zelda because I wouldn't have an excuse anymore.
I think I'd be willing to give that up for the canon ship, and better, cooler gameplay.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
It is my belief that the Pikachu in Smash is Ash's Pikachu, and I even have numerous Pokemon anime characters (including Ash) live at the Smash Mansion as part of my headcanons (which come to life in my fanfic The Real Smash Bros.). So, I ship Pikachu with Dawn's Buneary.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
For you FE shippers, here are the canon ships for Awakening: http://serenesforest.net/awakening/characters/supports/support-table/
Avatar is actually destined to stay alone.
Lucina canon ships with Laurent.
Of course, these are just based off the assumption that the fastest ship is canon.
Oh, and we got these datas thanks to a surge in the 3DS hacking scene due to Smash 3DS coming out. ;)
SO HAH IS WHAT I SAY, HAH.
It would have been cool if Sumia/Crumbs pair was in the game. I want a pegasus knight. OH, BETTER YET JUST PUT SHIIDA IN THE GAME WITH MARTH!
Edit: No, no, no. Then I'd be forced to stop shipping Marth x Zelda because I wouldn't have an excuse anymore.
I think I'd be willing to give that up for the canon ship, and better, cooler gameplay.
These aren't canon... It literally means nothing...

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
THINK WHAT YOU WISH
YOU MERELY SAY THIS BECAUSE IT'S INCOMPATIBLE WITH YOUR SHIPPING AGENDA
SO I SAY
HA
NOTHING IS CANON UNTIL IT'S OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED!!! AND SUPPLEMENTARY EVIDENCE POINTS OTHERWISE!!!!

OnettGirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Antagonistgreen
3DS FC
4742-5570-4170
Canon ships are cool and all, but shipping them with other people is soooo much more fun. It's not that anyone is saying the canon ships don't exist [you have to be blind or ignorant to say that] but it's all just for fun.

Like i'm pretty sure everyone knows :4marth: is canonically married to Shiida, and that's all find and dandy. But It's just so much more fun for me to ship him with :roypm:.[even though he's taken as well.] Or how I ship :4myfriends:[even though Ike clearly has feelings for Soren beyond just friendship] with :4link: [even though ermergerd Zelda]. Another example would be :4shulk:x:4zss: even though I know Shulk is taken by Fiora in canon. [And Samus is pretty much married to Ridley.] Or how everyone knows Nintendo ships :4peach:x:4mario: and :4link:x:4zelda:. It's just fun to do :4peach:x:4link: or :4peach:x:4zelda: for the more daring.

Just because there is a canon ship for that character that's not going to stop people from shipping the most obscure things. All in the name of fun and because "I like this". You can still accept that there's canon and ship the most basakwards thing.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Cannon ships are cool and all, but shipping them with other people is soooo much more fun. It's not that anyone is saying the canon ships don't exist [you have to be blind or ignorant to say that] but it's all just for fun.

Like i'm pretty sure everyone knows :4marth: is canonically married to Shiida, and that's all find and dandy. But It's just so much more fun for me to ship him with :roypm:.[even though he's taken aw well.] Or how I ship :4myfriends:[even though Ike clearly has feelings for Soren beyond just friendship] with :4link: [even though ermergerd Zelda]. Another example would be :4shulk:x:4zss: even though I know Shulk is taken by Fiora in cannon. [And Samus is pretty much married to Ridley.] Or how everyone knows Nintendo ships :4peach:x:4mario: and :4link:x:4zelda:. It's just fun to do :4peach:x:4link: or :4peach:x:4zelda: for the more daring.

Just because there is a cannon ship for that character that's not going to stop people from shipping the most obscure things. All in the name of fun and because "I like this". You can still accept that there's cannon and ship the most basakwards thing.
...CANON NOT CANNON!!! ARGH!!!!!!

OnettGirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Antagonistgreen
3DS FC
4742-5570-4170
...CANON NOT CANNON!!! ARGH!!!!!!
oops... It's honestly an inside joke with my sister and I to spell it cannon so it's become a bad habit, my mistake. -runs off to fix-

edit: It's even worse when I spell it both ways in the same post.

Last edited:

Noss92

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ness92
Come on guys, is useless to come here and say:"HEY! ACTUALLY THERE ARE CANON COUPLES HURR!!! "

This topic is for fun. We found and share the most absurd couples we found on the internet:grin:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Ok, let me go and say that I hate canon shippings.
Why? Because they're mainstream, or supported by the man? You bear some personal grudge about some official shipping which doesn't align with your interests?
May I say that it's incredibly silly to hate such a trivial thing.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Luigi x Master Hand is canon and Captain Falcon is their kid from the future. Nothing you say can convince me otherwise.

Welcome to Game Theory! :troll:

SonicTeam765

Banned via Administration
NNID
SonicTeam765
Why? Because they're mainstream, or supported by the man? You bear some personal grudge about some official shipping which doesn't align with your interests?
May I say that it's incredibly silly to hate such a trivial thing.
No because I find them boring and repetitive and uninteresting. Name one offical pairing I dispise.

BellaLunaWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
BellaLunaWolf
3DS FC
5026-4611-0782
*claps*

I just headcanon :4robinf: is :4robinm: in drag...
Hrmm... After seeing a post goin' 'round the internet lately, I daresay it could possibly be the other way around!
(Prepare for some zany logic...)

(I can't locate the precise location this post came from, but my guess is it's from tumblr and the user called kurusumas.) Just a zany thought. The real reason Lucina has Counter in Smash is merely because she's a Marth clone.

Also... about the conversation on what constitutes as canon in Fire Emblem Awakening... I daresay that any pair of units the player gets to S support is valid. I feel kinda sorry for peeps who get into "shipping wars" over which pairs are best since it's all opinion-based and there are a lot of in-game possibilities that are all legit.
:4robinm:x:4lucina: is without a doubt the most popular Lucina-based pairing (similar to how Female Robin x Chrom is also popular) and sometimes I get a little bored of its frequency in fandom, but I do like it when I come across cute fanart of it, too. For the Robins, since they can literally marry any recruitable unit of the opposite sex, you can find some variety in fanworks. But with Lucina it can be a little more difficult to find shipping stuff in which she isn't Robin's wife.
(Again, not a bad thing, but I like seeing variety especially since there are several male 2nd gen characters she can marry and some yuri crackships I'm amused by such as Lucina x Severa.)

I guess that's why I'm entertained that Lucina is being paired with so many characters in Smash, lol.
That's right... I saw this earlier today and I'm still laughing... x'D
I tell ya after he had his year... more and more peeps be wantin' Weegee.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
You know, I think I may unwatch this thread. It's getting a bit too weird for me. :p

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
If I'm going to genuinely like a ship, it would have to be canon.
I only appreciate non-canon ships for the leelz.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Hrmm... After seeing a post goin' 'round the internet lately, I daresay it could possibly be the other way around!
(Prepare for some zany logic...)

(I can't locate the precise location this post came from, but my guess is it's from tumblr and the user called kurusumas.) Just a zany thought. The real reason Lucina has Counter in Smash is merely because she's a Marth clone.

Also... about the conversation on what constitutes as canon in Fire Emblem Awakening... I daresay that any pair of units the player gets to S support is valid. I feel kinda sorry for peeps who get into "shipping wars" over which pairs are best since it's all opinion-based and there are a lot of in-game possibilities that are all legit.
:4robinm:x:4lucina: is without a doubt the most popular Lucina-based pairing (similar to how Female Robin x Chrom is also popular) and sometimes I get a little bored of its frequency in fandom, but I do like it when I come across cute fanart of it, too. For the Robins, since they can literally marry any recruitable unit of the opposite sex, you can find some variety in fanworks. But with Lucina it can be a little more difficult to find shipping stuff in which she isn't Robin's wife.
(Again, not a bad thing, but I like seeing variety especially since there are several male 2nd gen characters she can marry and some yuri crackships I'm amused by such as Lucina x Severa.)

I guess that's why I'm entertained that Lucina is being paired with so many characters in Smash, lol.
That's right... I saw this earlier today and I'm still laughing... x'D
I tell ya after he had his year... more and more peeps be wantin' Weegee.
I think I found my new ship

Phantom High

Smash Apprentice
DarkNight, where do you get that sig?? i would like that.

also my preferred crack pairing would be :4marth: x :4zss:. i even thought of a fanfic where Shiida died from an illness, which sent Marth into do depression. Most of them are sorry for his loss, but Samus wants to help Marth.. However it's difficult because of a language barrier between them...
....yeah i got too much free time. that's what you get with a MWF class schedule

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
DarkNight, where do you get that sig?? i would like that.

also my preferred crack pairing would be :4marth: x :4zss:. i even thought of a fanfic where Shiida died from an illness, which sent Marth into do depression. Most of them are sorry for his loss, but Samus wants to help Marth.. However it's difficult because of a language barrier between them...
....yeah i got too much free time. that's what you get with a MWF class schedule
http://quas-quas.deviantart.com/gallery/48533649/Super-Smash-Bros-Fan-Art-Series-3

I took a few and mashed them together in photoshop

Last edited:

BellaLunaWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
BellaLunaWolf
3DS FC
5026-4611-0782
Seasonal shipping pics are nice.

I forgot to share a nice Art Academy painting Miiverse user Chikane made of :4robinf:x:4lucina:. They're sharing a cookie..

Also on Miiverse, a user fittingly named Lucina draws cute :4robinm:x:4lucina: pics such as this one:

Here's the post on their page

Jeeze... I outta quit fishing for fanart and try drawing something myself, too. My laziness has no excuse anymore now that finals are over. :nervous:

OnettGirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Antagonistgreen
3DS FC
4742-5570-4170
Define "Crack paring"
Something that's more funny and cutsie than actually serious. I don't think I could take any SonicxHuman paring completely straight faced like I can with NessxVillager or IkexLink. [not after the 06 train wreck.]

Last edited:

SonicTeam765

Banned via Administration
NNID
SonicTeam765
Something that's more funny and cutsie than actually serious. I don't think I could take any SonicxHuman paring completely straight faced like I can with NessxVillager or IkexLink. [not after the 06 train wreck.]
Ok. Pointing to one game? Seriously?

Top Bottom