• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete Silliness: Smash Shipping

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
This thread has certainly picked up.
I'm about to roll up my sleeves and start fanfiction again, so, we'll see what happens!
Also just looking through the past conversation - and this statement "Nintendo is pretty heavily against homosexuality. It's a fairly family oriented company that doesn't give in to the pressures of the market or "new norm"." kind of bothers me.

1. Why would "family-oriented" automatically mean "everyone is straight"? Liking someone of the same gender isn't as much of a difficult and heinous concept as some people make it out to be. Assuming straight relationships are inherently "innocent" and gay relationships are inherently "sexual" is kind of strange.
2. LBGTA people have existed since the beginning of time. Alexander the Great was gay. Anne Frank was bisexual. Many old civilizations were okay with it. It is not a "new norm".
3. Asexual simply means having no interest in sexual activity. You can be straight and asexual. You can be gay and asexual. You can be in a healthy romantic relationship with someone else and still be asexual. In that sense, asexual characters are the most "family-friendly" of them all.

Sorry if this fans up the flames again. I really just wanted to point out that assuming a character is 100% straight even in cases when not explicitly stated and then denying the possibility of any other orientation because that is not explicitly stated is a little hypocritical.
"Family Oriented" is not to be taken in its literal meaning. It has a culturally significant meaning of being directed at normalcy, real or perceived, and traditional normalcy asserts that the family is most a family when the head is a heterosexual couple. Further, you mistake innocent for pure. A traditional family must, by necessity of its heterosexual parentage, have a couple in sexual relations. We further distinguish between pure and impure sexual relations, those that are non-heterosexual or outside of wedlock or for any reason undertaken due to the influence of the vice of lust is that which is impure--that is not to say sexual, rather, lust is inherently a selfish form of love, whereas the concept of pure intercourse is a full giving of oneself over to another without reserve, thus lust being a perversion it is considered impure. In this way, we say that family oriented life can include romance, yet its cultural meaning implies a 'pure' romance.

Please understand, I do not mean to offend you in what I say, I am merely attempting to explain their position as they would explain it.

Unfortunately, you misunderstand what we mean when we say 'new', we do not mean since the dawn of time, we only mean new insofar as it supports our case. At what time or at what place it was the norm is purposefully left ambiguous.
Let us then undertake an examination of the teleological form of man and woman, the only norm I believe relevant, perhaps unlike my relativistic allies who are also opposed to such relationships. Humanity is intrinsically distinct from the two separate forms of man and woman, in that it is what man and woman share that makes them essentially unique from all other living things, namely that of rationality. It is abundantly clear that man is lacking in a number of things that woman has, and visa versa, spiritually, physically, and mentally, that are complementary. The physical complement is that of male and female, which by their definitions, not by any example or statistically significant number, are procreative functions. To sully the procreative function with some other design where humanity's rationality can perceive its teleological fulfillment is none other than denying the nature of male and female, thus it is said that the 'norm' is that which abides by the rightful use of said functions.

Now, seemingly contrary to what has been said above, a lack of drive towards the opposite gender or a drive towards the 'wrong' gender (alternatively, no gender at all) is not a perversion in itself, since we plainly observe in nature that such things happen. Since it is the procreative function that is the faculty of male and female, and not the attractive function, one may fulfill the design of both in a rational and reasonable way. The design of an 'abnormal' attraction is to ignore the procreative nature, since humanity has by its first and most important goal a rational fulfillment which has obligations to violate none, thus it is that a non heterosexual person must simply, just as all human beings, not fall into lust. Since the object of pure love is procreation foremost (though not exclusively), one can plainly see that any deliberate behavior that shuns it is lustful by its definition.

Then it should not be said we are assuming a character is 100% straight, rather, we are rationally designating to them the label of that which is more noble, that they are all 'pure', and if they were to come into a romantic or sexual relationship that it would indeed be with a pure intention, as is the nature of shipping!

When I say love, I must distinguish between which 'love' I am speaking about. I have confidence that, once I define the four Greek loves, one could easily discern which love I mean in which context. Eros, a sexual love, Agape, an unconditional love, Storge, the love that comes from circumstance, and Philia, the 'brotherly' love.

Whew. I hope we don't get this thread locked for this.
But, I believe it pertinent to the purpose of the thread, since we ought elucidate and discuss how we ought view relationships in context of the wider Smash universe that we may direct our thoughts unto our fanons and fanfictions that we may rightly order them.

It is part of why I ship :4zelda:x:4marth: so fervently, because I believe their persons and characters are the most likely to engage in this sort of 'chaste' romance, if you will. Since Marth and Zelda are both from the archetypical medieval fantasy world which carries with it the connotations of medieval times and thus the chivalric purity of Christendom, it is plain to see that if a minimal set of circumstances were reached they would be a match made in heaven. Not only that, but, they are both, as observed from dialogue in their respective games, noble, compassionate, humanitarian, wise, courageous, and humble, all the traits of the greatest leaders and the greatest lovers!

Thank you for hearing me thus far.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Ho boy...look what I've missed.

Check out game theory on youtube
Game Theory on any Mario character is stupid. Who the hell cares if Mario is mental?

I just learned that there's a huge chance Rosalina and Luigi could be related, I guess that ships gone, at least for me
Huge chance =/=Official, so don't take a theory, mind you, that seriously. Besides, unless it is true, it won't stop the shippers.

Who says she can't be from the future or something along the lines of that
I thought this was Mario, not Fire Emblem.

Yep. THough it seems like Sakurai favors Fem-Robin as Lucy's mum
So...Chrom is married to Fem Robin in Smash?

:D now I can ship them more freely :3

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Ho boy...look what I've missed.

Game Theory on any Mario character is stupid. Who the hell cares if Mario is mental?

Huge chance =/=Official, so don't take a theory, mind you, that seriously. Besides, unless it is true, it won't stop the shippers.

I thought this was Mario, not Fire Emblem.

So...Chrom is married to Fem Robin in Smash?

:D now I can ship them more freely :3
I kinda care if mario is mental

Phantom High

Smash Apprentice
i like to come up a theory as to why :4palutena: fell inlove with :4lucina:

amongst all the countless human souls :4palutena: sees, Lucina's soul shine the brightest. At first it was to satisfy her curiosity, but she becomes to distracted with other things such as her swordsmanship, her skills, her coolness, her eyes, and eventually her beauty, both inner and out.

Lucina, initially, was relieved to have a goddess as a friend. over time, Lucina stopped talking to Palutena as a goddess and start talking her normally, to friend, close friend, practically sisters, and finally someone who she'll devote her life to.

It was inevitable the two of them will be an item together. Everyone is happy, although :4marth:,chrom, and :4falcon: threatened to kill Palutena if she makes Lucina cry (unknown to everyone, Marth made falcon the godfather of his child).

sorry need to get rid of Yuri glasses

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Huh, can't believe I forgot this OTP: :4myfriends: x Meat.

Never get in the way of his one, true love.

ImReallyFeelingIt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sailings
Sonic x Elise.
Yes, I went there.
Please don't do that.

And speaking about Sanic, I shamelessly ship him with plenty of smashers, some being human, no joke. I'd say who but, There's no time for that.

And now thinking about a 3rd party character... where are all the Mega Man ships?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
And now thinking about a 3rd party character... where are all the Mega Man ships?
Megaman ships were discussed previously in this thread, mostly with Spamus.
But if AdmiralPit wants to pair Pit with every female in the game, he's a "gigolo"(I think that was the term used, too lazy to check).
I now declare all in-the-same-universe multi-shippers gigolopolyamorousexualgamists to maintain consistency. Of course, I don't know if @SegaNintendoUbisoft said anything during the AdmiralPit episode. Also, my psychologist/freudian side wants to suggest it's an extension of their fantasies of some sort with projecting onto the character, but that's a low-tier explanation imo.
I ship Yoshi with Lucario
y u do dis

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Sonic x Elise.
Yes, I went there.
can I ask you a favor

you stand there, right there, where you stand, and don't move.

I'm going to take this sledgehammer and use it to beat you within an inch of your life starting with your face

such horrid things must not be reminded to the world

I hope you accept my judgement

*mashes you with the sledgehammer*

Yes the post is a joke, but that shipping is disgusting and should be thrown into an oubliette never to be remembered again.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
"Time to time the scales!"

:4robinm:x:4lucina:x:4palutena:
:4robinm:x:4zss:x:4zelda:
:4robinf:x:4shulk:x:4littlemac:
:4robinf:x:4falcon:x:4myfriends:

Robin ALWAYS tips the scales. :shades:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
:4mario:x:4peach:
:4robinm:x:4palutena:
:4luigi:x:rosalina:
:4samus:x:4littlemac:
:4lucina:x:4shulk:
:4link:x:4zelda:
:4falcon:x:4falcon:

Greatest Pairing without a doubt.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
:4myfriends:x:4sheik:. There were these wacky fanfics - yes, I read them occasionally - that had Sheik being all tsundere to Ike and Ike, well, being Ike - blunt and oblivious. There was another sad one where Sheik did separate from Zelda and wanted to be her own person while Zelda didn't and wanted Sheik to be a part of her for selfish reasons, I think. Somehow, Ike and Sheik end up together and it's a driving reason for Sheik to be a person rather than a disguise or another personality.

There was also this: :4metaknight:x:4zss:. Make of what you will, but :4falcon: and :snake: were obviously jealous while :4fox: was disturbed since he was a butt monkey in the stories and had horrible, horrible things happen to him including walking in on some alone time between the bounty hunter and knight-squishy-thingie.

:4myfriends:x:4robinf:. Why? Super soldier babies that's why. If you haven't played Awakening or aren't aware of the inheritance system, then you don't know how crazy people get while trying to get the best Morgan, Lucina, Severa, Yarne, Laurent, Noire, Cynthia, Owain, Inigo, Nah, Kjelle - pronounced like "shell" or "key-yell"; I don't remember which; it's not "kah-jelly" -, Brady, and Gerome.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
And I actually like Sonic x Elise.
can i ask you a favor

stand right there with that other guy

you're next in the line of faces this sledgehammer meets

Everyone has tastes and I respect that. But everything about that pairing is WROOOOOOONG

SonicTeam765

Banned via Administration
NNID
SonicTeam765
can i ask you a favor

Everyone has tastes and I respect that. But everything about that pairing is WROOOOOOONG
And people don't complain about ShadowxMaria.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
And people don't complain about ShadowxMaria.
Thing is, with Shadow and Maria it was far more obvious that theirs was a just friends relationship or whatever, and Maria was a little girl. Most shippers reasonably know how to handle it.

Wreck it Ralph had rampant RalphxVanellope shipping before Van was revealed to be a child, from which point 99% of it changed to "just friends" style.

With Elise, it's obvious she's a grown adult and the unfortunate implications run amok.

eugh, kissing sonic scene

Last edited:

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
can i ask you a favor

What's wrong with SonElise? Seriously, if you're gonna use the "beastiality" card, then just stop. I don't ship it, but you need to understand that Sonic is much more "human" than he is a "hedgehog" he thinks, acts, and lives his life as a human. SonElise is the same thing as KnuRouge. So no, it isn't beastiality, since Sonic has many human charcateristics

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
LinkXRuto OTP 'cause the idiot promised and now he's stuck with a yandere, Zora princess. Have fun with your mutant, Zora babies. :p

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
What's wrong with SonElise? Seriously, if you're gonna use the "beastiality" card, then just stop. I don't ship it, but you need to understand that Sonic is much more "human" than he is a "hedgehog" he thinks, acts, and lives his life as a human. SonElise is the same thing as KnuRouge. So no, it isn't beastiality, since Sonic has many human charcateristics
Like I said twice in the joke posts, I respect everyone's individual taste and opinions. It won't change my stance on the pairing being wrong in my eyes, but it doesn't mean that I'm completely against what others think if it. But I'll stop here before more derail.

I think it's wrong, but I won't change your opinion on it nor will you change mine. Everyone's got their own stance; so be it.

SonicTeam765

NNID
SonicTeam765
Thing is, with Shadow and Maria it was far more obvious that theirs was a just friends relationship or whatever, and Maria was a little girl. Most shippers reasonably know how to handle it.

Wreck it Ralph had rampant RalphxVanellope shipping before Van was revealed to be a child, from which point 99% of it changed to "just friends" style.

With Elise, it's obvious she's a grown adult and the unfortunate implications run amok.

eugh, kissing sonic scene
Eh. I like the kiss scene.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sonic x Elise.
Yes, I went there.

But if AdmiralPit wants to pair Pit with every female in the game, he's a "gigolo"(I think that was the term used, too lazy to check).
So what does that mean anyways? I'm still uncertain with Lucina, Robin, and WFT with Pit (and don't bring up Villager as I don't count that one), so don't worry about it.
As far as Smash females with Pit, it's Palutena, Samus/ZSS, Peach, and Rosalina (Well, and Phosphora too despite not being playable). I may grow to liking and adding another girl to ship with Pit, but this is just for now.

SonicTeam765

NNID
SonicTeam765
Actually, yes, yes they do. Shadow and Maria are essentially adoptive siblings. Do you have any idea how disgusting it is to actually "ship" ship them?
Are you sure? Because I swear nobody complained about them, but complain about Sonic x Elise.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Are you sure? Because I swear nobody complained about them, but complain about Sonic x Elise.
Half of fanfiction.net complains about ShadowxMaria, and the other half are the idiotic fangirls shipping it in the first place. And the aforementioned "idiotic fangirls" (okay, that's an unfair generalization. I'm sure there are a fair number of idiotic fanboys out there too) only complain about SonicxElise because it gets in the way of their SonicxAmy.

(Even though SonicxAmy has pretty much no canon basis as being a two-sided relationship except for Sonic X and that one time Sonic agreed to a date in Sonic Unleashed, while SonicxBlaze has been hinted as going both ways multiple times. And the date at the end of Sonic Unleashed? It never ended up happening, as Sonic got as far as the chili dog stand before being sucked into a magical world involving knights, swords, and more SonicxBlaze hints. And then Amy chased him with her hammer because he missed their date. But I digress.)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LinkXRuto OTP 'cause the idiot promised and now he's stuck with a yandere, Zora princess. Have fun with your mutant, Zora babies. :p
I would totally do LinkXRuto if I were Link

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
I would totally do LinkXRuto if I were Link
Eh... I dunno. She's creepy, and stalkerish, and creepy. I mean I'd be cool with Toon LinkxMedli just because she at least has the decency to wear clothes (even if her entire race is technically just the Zora under the influence of divine intervention), and she's also nowhere near as stalkerish. Zora are weird...

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
...speaking about Sanic, I shamelessly ship him with plenty of smashers, some being human, no joke.
And I actually like Sonic x Elise.
As far as Smash females with Pit, it's Palutena, Samus/ZSS, Peach, and Rosalina (Well, and Phosphora too despite not being playable). I may grow to liking and adding another girl to ship with Pit, but this is just for now.
^ This is all fine with me.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Actually, yes, yes they do. Shadow and Maria are essentially adoptive siblings. Do you have any idea how disgusting it is to actually "ship" ship them?

I saw a fanfic that shipped Lucario and Blaze the Cat.
Dude, I saw a fanfic that shipped Chrom and Lucina. I'm not kidding.

SonicTeam765

NNID
SonicTeam765
Half of fanfiction.net complains about ShadowxMaria, and the other half are the idiotic fangirls shipping it in the first place. And the aforementioned "idiotic fangirls" (okay, that's an unfair generalization. I'm sure there are a fair number of idiotic fanboys out there too) only complain about SonicxElise because it gets in the way of their SonicxAmy.

(Even though SonicxAmy has pretty much no canon basis as being a two-sided relationship except for Sonic X and that one time Sonic agreed to a date in Sonic Unleashed, while SonicxBlaze has been hinted as going both ways multiple times. And the date at the end of Sonic Unleashed? It never ended up happening, as Sonic got as far as the chili dog stand before being sucked into a magical world involving knights, swords, and more SonicxBlaze hints. And then Amy chased him with her hammer because he missed their date. But I digress.)
I don't even pair Sonic with Amy. Hated that pairing from the start. Mostly pair him with Blaze and Rouge.

Top Bottom