• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Competitive, but new to ATL, looking to connect with ATL smashers!

Falco (MOP)

Smash Journeyman
HOWDY Y'ALL.

Sorry, I heard that's how people talk in the south. I'm a competitive NE player from Vermont, but I'm moving to ATL in july, and while i haven't kept up the past few months, I'm really looking to get back into the scene. I have no friends in ATL, so I'm looking to build a network, and what better place to start than a small gaming community! harhar.. Anyway, I love the game, I'm good but not that good, I was best in VT... for whatever that's worth, but from what I hear, southern atlantic holds a higher standard that new england, so that should be interesting.

So yeah, hit me up, my email is pep.palmer@gmail.com, I have a car, and if you hit me up, ill smoke you up or something lol, or just give you a lil dance, either works.

Lookin' forward to it!

Also, here is a video of me, months old, but still pretty viable, check it out -- > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DF01g2ksUk

~MOP

Falco (MOP)

Smash Journeyman
Cool...

The best way to reach out to the ATL smash crowd are in the following threads:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301551
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246312&page=774

I say post in these threads and you will have no trouble meeting up with some people.
thanks ^.^ but those are tournament threads, I plan on going to as many tournaments as I can, but this thread is really a personal outreach, to try to make connections before I actually get to ATL, so I can hop right back into the scene.

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
thanks ^.^ but those are tournament threads, I plan on going to as many tournaments as I can, but this thread is really a personal outreach, to try to make connections before I actually get to ATL, so I can hop right back into the scene.
Don't pay the thread titles any mind. Georgia smashers use both of the threads for general conversation and to
plan when to get together. Its just everyone here is so use to going to these threads on a regular basis that they
now use it for basic communication.

In short since you created this thread there has been 13 replies by about 10 different people in the Waba thread
(talking melee and brawl), while only 6 in this thread by 4 different people.

Waba is closed (btw) and has been for a number of months now and Gamers Xperience (I'm the owner) is a location
working its way back into the smash community after taking a break to do upgrades...

If you post in one or both of the threads you will have no problem joining up with people in the local smash scene.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
well i actually havent played in forever and am hilariously bad right now

but people still play. not a lot of tournaments though.
buckhead is near midtown which is where i go to school and also where druggedfox goes. so beg him and he will teach u.

Falco (MOP)

Smash Journeyman
well i actually havent played in forever and am hilariously bad right now

but people still play. not a lot of tournaments though.
buckhead is near midtown which is where i go to school and also where druggedfox goes. so beg him and he will teach u.
I met druggedfox at ROM3, cool guy and great player, I'll look into that man, thanks! Where do you go to school?

~MOP

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
gatech

also sleepyk goes to gastate and hes a wise man so u are in luck

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
But unfortunately GA melee is mostly dead. We still try to bring it back every now and then, but all in all people's schedules never seem to work out. =(

Top Bottom