• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Comparing Brawl Link vs Melee Link

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
After some analysis of playing both the games, and maining Link in Melee. And playing Brawl Link for a while. I have come up with this list to help Link players have a good idea about what is missing from Brawl Link that Melee Link had. Please share your thoughts as well.

Brawl Link's Cons

1. Shorter grab range
2. Tether recovery can only be sweet spotted.
3. Combos arent as effective
4. He can't Bomb shine like he could in Melee. (Dropping bomb in front of oppenents face. Have bomb in hand, shield, jump out of shield, drop bomb, it hits opponent, immediately d-air to finish, or another move to combo.)
5. Can no longer use bomb recovery.
6. D-air has a smaller hitbox. Alot smaller.
7. Spin Attack no longer pseudo spikes.
8. Spin Attack is weaker. (uncharged)
9. Brawl Link overall has alot smaller hit boxes than in Melee. Up-air, aerial spin attack, f-smash, basically 80% of his moves have less of a hitbox. However, his projectiles have more hit box range than in Melee and his f-tilt has more of a hitbox.
10. He cannot L-cancel his d-air, making it a much more riskier finisher.

Brawl Links Pros

1. His attack seem more powerful than they were in Melee.
2. He is a bit more agile.
3. His bombs have a much bigger hitbox and is more powerful.
4. His arrow got alot more useful, charges up faster, and it can KO opponent off the sides.
5. He can short hop arrow now.
6. He can use his aerial hookshot as an attack. And now it actually knocks back opponent well enough for you to be safe.
7. Has less start up lag compared to Melee Link with the majority of his moves. Most notabley F-tilt.
8. You can use the gale boomerang for more combo possibilties. You no longer have to sweet spot with the boomerang like in Melee to combo with it. (If they get caught in the returning gale boomerang, dash attack to them, it hits them up well enough to follow with another move. Your more likely in suceeding if you throw your gale boomerang upward.)
9. Spin attack can now be charged and is more powerful when fully charged. Another good possibility is to run on the ice, do a charged spin attack. Or spin attack to edgehog, which still works. I tried it out yesterday.
10. Gale Boomerang is easier to sweet spot.

Melee Link Cons

1. Not as powerful.
2. Not as agile.
3. His arrows are alot worse than Brawl Links.
4. His bombs arent as powerful, and they have a smaller hitbox.
5. Start up time on his moves is worse.
6. Boomerang is harder to sweet spot with
7. His projectiles dont have much of a hitbox.
8. Aerial hookshot doesnt have as much knockback.
9. Spin Attack cant be charged for more power.
10. Can't combo with his arrow as well.

Melee Link Pros

1. Has more grab range
2. Could hookshot anywhere for unpredictability.
3. Could combo a bit better than Brawl Link.
4. He could bomb shine.
5. He could use Bomb Recovery.
6. D-air has a much larger hit box.
7. His spin attack psuedo spikes from a certain angle.
8. Spin Attack is stronger than Brawl Link's (uncharged)
9. Has overall more hitboxes.
10. He could lag cancel his d-air making it more usable.

CONCLUSION

After some analysis, both Brawl Link and Melee Link seem about even. Overall, Melee Link has more hitbox range and better recovery. Brawl Link has more power, agility, better projectiles, and less start up lag. Unfortunately, most of the characters in brawl seem to get more buffs than nerfs, so most likely Link will be in the low-mid tier category. He may not be my main anymore like he was in Melee, but I definitly will still use him. Link rules!

UPDATED
After some play time with Brawl Link, and Melee Link being my main. Its become more clear now that Melee Link has alot better recovery. Melee Link could aerial spin attack along a slanted wall (think of the bottom left and right sections of the final destination stage) Link would spin attack up that slanted area, but in brawl he cant use his spin attack to slant upwards.
Also Melee Link has alot more range on mostly 80% of his moveset. Brawl Link has a less extending clawshot, his d-air and up-air now have small hitboxes as does his F-smash. d-smash remains practically the same, up-smash actually has more hit box range. I would have to say Melee Link is better than Brawl Link. Unless there is an advanced tech that will give him another recovery option, or an extended clawshot glitch, more range on certain of his attacks, lag canceling moves (especially d-air). But for now. Melee Link is the best Link in the series. At least Brawl Link isnt as bad as N64 smash bros. Link. I'd say you would need the triforce of courage to actually use the N64 Link in a tournament. lol.

HaseoXth000

Smash Rookie
I personally think that Brawl Link is alot better. It is so much easier keeping up with the quicker characters like Shiek and Fox. Although I do admit that Melee Link had a much better tether. Which doesn't make sense seeing as how the Clawshot could go much further than the Longshot.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
His Tether recovery is practically useless now. And alot of advanced techs were taken away, like bomb recovery, bomb shining, l- cancel, wavedash. But, Im sure there will be more advanced techniques for Link to use.

Skler

Smash Master
It isn't even a competition. If both brawl and melee link were in the same game melee link would dominate him with actual combos, a better projectile game (his bombs and boomerang can combo in melee) and a better recovery. Of course, it doesn't matter because everyone is better in melee so link was worse (compared to other characters) there.

Link was nerfed in Brawl, just not as badly as characters like Fox and Sheik.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I pretty much agree with you Skler. And after playing last night I realize Link's range really did get nerfed badly. His D-air and Up-air is alot harder to hit with less hit boxes, and I used Link's f-smash and was pretty sure it was going to hit my opponent, but it went right through him, I hit him with the handle part of the sword, but it did not hit, it would of for melee Link. So he practically lost his recovery options, and his range on his attacks. Those are the biggest downfalls Brawl Link has.
Fox and Sheik needed to be nerfed. However, Link didnt need to be nerfed. Oh well, Im still going to play him, he's always fun to play. Throwing a bomb in your opponents face = priceless.

Legan

Smash Lord
It isn't even a competition. If both brawl and melee link were in the same game melee link would dominate him with actual combos, a better projectile game (his bombs and boomerang can combo in melee) and a better recovery. Of course, it doesn't matter because everyone is better in melee so link was worse (compared to other characters) there.

Dude your a great link im surprised your clownin brawl link so hard. Yea sure link has his obvious flaws but hes still a very good character if you know what your doing. Link can still pull off sick bomb combos and even better boomerang combos. Its just going to take alot of work to get good with him just like in melee but we can do it.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Brawl Link does have better projectiles combos, now since the arrow is more useable. And there's more strategy with using the gale boomerang than the old boomerang, plus the bombs have a bigger explosion and a little more knockback.
And Im not saying Brawl Link is that bad that he is not useable. Like Pichu and Mewtwo was in Melee, and Link in N64 version of smash. Melee Link could get back to the stage more easily and hit people more unexpectingly than Brawl Link. That's what makes Melee Link perhaps a tier better than Brawl Link.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Brawl Link has a number of advantages that you haven't accounted for. Brawl Link will never get waveshined. Brawl Link doesn't get destroyed by a single fair spike from Sheik. Brawl Link doesn't have the old Marth's monstrous range to deal with. Link lost some combo ability, but no more than anyone else did. I definitely feel like Brawl Link is going to be more viable among the best Brawl characters than Melee Link was against Melee's top tier.

Xanthus

Smash Apprentice
Brawl Link has a number of advantages that you haven't accounted for. Brawl Link will never get waveshined. Brawl Link doesn't get destroyed by a single fair spike from Sheik. Brawl Link doesn't have the old Marth's monstrous range to deal with. Link lost some combo ability, but no more than anyone else did. I definitely feel like Brawl Link is going to be more viable among the best Brawl characters than Melee Link was against Melee's top tier.
I agree =)

Deva

Smash Lord
You guys are getting the wrong idea. First off, different games, you can't really compare them. Honestly, his hit boxes may be smaller, but only based on the scale of the character size. His sword is longer than it was in melee and is actually useful for spacing now. No more getting shield grabbed from your jabs unless you landed an aerial too close. His projectile game is also a lot better than it was in melee, just different. If you full hop double bow spam with a rang out there, it's extremely difficult for an opponent to get close. You can also full hop rang to canceled arrow, or bomb throw to arrow, which is one of the few uses for the bomb since it's so easy to catch. When they do approach, jab to knock them back again, or short hop the claw shot and since there's no lag, you can combo into a dash attack. Overall, you have to play Link even campier than he was played in melee. It's not where you'll get most of your damage, it's pretty much where you'll be racking all of you're damage since his combos are near nonexistant. The only problem compared to melee Link is getting kills since you can't combo into them any more. You just have to be real careful and land one when you rack up enough damage. Overall, based on the game, Link has a chance in this one. For a while I lost hope, but If you learn how to effectively spam, the only characters that even have a chance of approaching you are toon Link, Pit, and Falco. Even then, Link's jabs have so much range that you can just knock them back as easily as they approached. Also, I can't stress enough how usefull the clawshot is for spacing when opponents approach. I enjoyed Melee Link more, but overall, Brawl Link has a better chance at winning tournaments. That is, if you're patient enough to camp for that long each match. Like seriously, 5-6 min matches on average.

4Eyez

Smash Cadet
The BX! The place where hardcore is beautiful

Co-Sign

In all honesty, Brawl link isnt even that good. I really believe im not gonna main him in brawl :(

BentoBox

Smash Master
That is, if they both fight using melee's engine...

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Also Link can't aerial spin attack up slanted slopes. making his recovery even worse. And he doesnt jump so high with his second jump. And he has the fastest fall speed in the game. His tether recovery is nearly useless. The only characters with worse recovery than him is Olimar and Ivysaur. Link has the third worse recovery in this game, Toon Link has a bit better recovery. He doesnt fall as fast, and he has more height with his second jump. And his aerial spin attack reaches a bit higher than TP Link.

Evla

Smash Cadet
You guys are getting the wrong idea. First off, different games, you can't really compare them. Honestly, his hit boxes may be smaller, but only based on the scale of the character size. His sword is longer than it was in melee and is actually useful for spacing now. No more getting shield grabbed from your jabs unless you landed an aerial too close. His projectile game is also a lot better than it was in melee, just different. If you full hop double bow spam with a rang out there, it's extremely difficult for an opponent to get close. You can also full hop rang to canceled arrow, or bomb throw to arrow, which is one of the few uses for the bomb since it's so easy to catch. When they do approach, jab to knock them back again, or short hop the claw shot and since there's no lag, you can combo into a dash attack. Overall, you have to play Link even campier than he was played in melee. It's not where you'll get most of your damage, it's pretty much where you'll be racking all of you're damage since his combos are near nonexistant. The only problem compared to melee Link is getting kills since you can't combo into them any more. You just have to be real careful and land one when you rack up enough damage. Overall, based on the game, Link has a chance in this one. For a while I lost hope, but If you learn how to effectively spam, the only characters that even have a chance of approaching you are toon Link, Pit, and Falco. Even then, Link's jabs have so much range that you can just knock them back as easily as they approached. Also, I can't stress enough how usefull the clawshot is for spacing when opponents approach. I enjoyed Melee Link more, but overall, Brawl Link has a better chance at winning tournaments. That is, if you're patient enough to camp for that long each match. Like seriously, 5-6 min matches on average.

I agree wit Deva if you can use Link effectively Link can be a top contender

Deva

Smash Lord
To everyone who think's Brawl Link sucks, you're trying to use him link melee Link. It doesn't work like that. Brawl Link goes off a completely defensive play style. You have to stay away from your opponent and spam continuously. when they start to get close, you knock them away with the claw shot or the jab. YOu can sometimes combo out of the claw shot, but over all, you can't approach characters like you could in melee. If you try to, you lose, which is why so many of you think he sucks. Personally I think Brawl sucks compared to melee and I prefer using melee Link. It doesn't change the fact that LInk actually compete in this game, just with a different playstyle.

Legan

Smash Lord
To everyone who think's Brawl Link sucks, you're trying to use him link melee Link. It doesn't work like that. Brawl Link goes off a completely defensive play style. You have to stay away from your opponent and spam continuously. when they start to get close, you knock them away with the claw shot or the jab. YOu can sometimes combo out of the claw shot, but over all, you can't approach characters like you could in melee. If you try to, you lose, which is why so many of you think he sucks. Personally I think Brawl sucks compared to melee and I prefer using melee Link. It doesn't change the fact that LInk actually compete in this game, just with a different playstyle.
His playstlyle doesnt have to be entirely defensive. Im sure it very much depends on the character you play against. If your opponent is very aggressive and wants to constantly pressure you then yes you play defensive. But against a character like samus that can out projectile you, you dont want to give them breathing room at all so you take the offensive.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'm not saying he sucks...I love Brawl Link.
I'm just telling everyone that says Melee Link was better to stop crying.

Zek

Smash Ace
It doesn't matter if he got "nerfed" if he still ends up being better relative to the rest of the characters than he was in Melee. Just comparing moves between the two games is a waste of time.

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
After some analysis of playing both the games, and maining Link in Melee. And playing Brawl Link for a while. I have come up with this list to help Link players have a good idea about what is missing from Brawl Link that Melee Link had. Please share your thoughts as well.

Brawl Link's Cons

1. Shorter grab range
It's the same range, in the air it's shorter
2. Tether recovery can only be sweet spotted.
This doesn't matter TOO much
3. Combos arent as effective
This is what gets me. Combos take work and pratice, along with imagination and innovation. If you'd work on find ing NEW combos, you would combo effectively. I can do it, and I'm not even that good.:)
4. He can't Bomb shine like he could in Melee. (Dropping bomb in front of oppenents face. Have bomb in hand, shield, jump out of shield, drop bomb, it hits opponent, immediately d-air to finish, or another move to combo.)
Yeah, actually he can, It's just that people aren't stupid
5. Can no longer use bomb recovery.
Didn't do this anyway
6. D-air has a smaller hitbox. Alot smaller.
No, the hitbox is the same size, it just half the time he diesn't bounce
7. Spin Attack no longer pseudo spikes.
Big ****ing Deal
8. Spin Attack is weaker. (uncharged)
Don't care much about this either. still a "get off me" move.
9. Brawl Link overall has alot smaller hit boxes than in Melee. Up-air, aerial spin attack, f-smash, basically 80% of his moves have less of a hitbox. However, his projectiles have more hit box range than in Melee and his f-tilt has more of a hitbox.
His hitboxes are actually bigger, most notably the ftilt, utilt, and usmash. The ftilt can hit BEHIND you, the utilt and usmash can now stick to people a few feet away from link.
10. He cannot L-cancel his d-air, making it a much more riskier finisher.
Then you'll just have to alter your strategy a little. doesn't sound too hard

Melee Link Pros

1. Has more grab range
see above
2. Could hookshot anywhere for unpredictability.
he can still do this
3. Could combo a bit better than Brawl Link.
see above. Link wasn't exactly a brilliant comboer in the first place
4. He could bomb shine.
see above
5. He could use Bomb Recovery.
see above
6. D-air has a much larger hit box.
see above
7. His spin attack psuedo spikes from a certain angle.
actually, in melee, his spin attack psuedo spiked a few frames after its started. In fact I think it was an entire second:ohwell:
8. Spin Attack is stronger than Brawl Link's (uncharged)
see above
9. Has overall more hitboxes.
no, he doesn't
10. He could lag cancel his d-air making it more usable.
big f-ing deal

UPDATED
After some play time with Brawl Link, and Melee Link being my main. Its become more clear now that Melee Link has alot better recovery. Melee Link could aerial spin attack along a slanted wall (think of the bottom left and right sections of the final destination stage) Link would spin attack up that slanted area, but in brawl he cant use his spin attack to slant upwards.
Also Melee Link has alot more range on mostly 80% of his moveset. Brawl Link has a less extending clawshot, his d-air and up-air now have small hitboxes as does his F-smash. d-smash remains practically the same, up-smash actually has more hit box range. I would have to say Melee Link is better than Brawl Link. Unless there is an advanced tech that will give him another recovery option, or an extended clawshot glitch, more range on certain of his attacks, lag canceling moves (especially d-air). But for now. Melee Link is the best Link in the series. At least Brawl Link isnt as bad as N64 smash bros. Link. I'd say you would need the triforce of courage to actually use the N64 Link in a tournament. lol.
To address your last point, Due to the increase of horizontal distance to links spin attack, hie can go across a slanted wall BETTER than melee link. The difference is final destination. the ledge extends a bit further on this than melee's FD, so it's a bit harder to reach it form underneath. Yes his aerial clawshot has less distance than melee's, but this is because of the sweetspot. Because it's easier to reach the ledge with the clawshot, he took out some distance, which I think is a shame, but due to link's natural badass-ness, I overlook it. You cannot sit there, and just blatantly say that melee link is better than brawl link. I don't believe you, as many of your points are groundless

Deva, you *can* still approach them, you just have to be careful. depending on which character they're using, and what their strategy is. My entire strategy is based on analyzing my opponent's, so if I find a weak point in their strategy, I take it, or I MAKE it. You don't have to be a spammer to win, you could be smart.

I Think brawl Link is WAAAAY better. maybe cause I can actually win with him now, because people aren't uber-fast anymore, so I can think more clearly:ohwell:

Also Link can't aerial spin attack up slanted slopes. making his recovery even worse. And he doesnt jump so high with his second jump. And he has the fastest fall speed in the game. His tether recovery is nearly useless. The only characters with worse recovery than him is Olimar and Ivysaur. Link has the third worse recovery in this game, Toon Link has a bit better recovery. He doesnt fall as fast, and he has more height with his second jump. And his aerial spin attack reaches a bit higher than TP Link.
So did young link's in melee. and Link's second jump is extremely high. and fox still technically falls fastest

lorddave551

Smash Apprentice
Your talking about the meta game here. Just because you can win against other people in brawl doesn't mean brawl link is better than melee link. Brawl and all of its characters are much slower than melee so the lack of speed is due to the game. Melee was a much more rapidly paced game and although melee link was faster than brawl link he still got frequently destroyed because almost everyone was faster. Therefore, melee link would simply destroy brawl link and most of brawl's other characters simply because a slow character by melee standards can be played lightning fast when compared to the more sluggish pace of brawl. Brawl link is only better within his game, his ability to beat other characters has nothing to do with a comparison to his predecessor.

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
Your talking about the meta game here. Just because you can win against other people in brawl doesn't mean brawl link is better than melee link. Brawl and all of its characters are much slower than melee so the lack of speed is due to the game. Melee was a much more rapidly paced game and although melee link was faster than brawl link he still got frequently destroyed because almost everyone was faster. Therefore, melee link would simply destroy brawl link and most of brawl's other characters simply because a slow character by melee standards can be played lightning fast when compared to the more sluggish pace of brawl. Brawl link is only better within his game, his ability to beat other characters has nothing to do with a comparison to his predecessor.

*ahem* Brawl Link is faster and much, much stronger. and notice I said MAYBE. What I said was based on my opinion, at least what you quoted. And fast =/= better, (I am referring to your post). Ike is uber powerful, but slow as hell.can you honestly tell me that Ike sucks when he can pwn like no other (except maybe Dedede). I think only a handful of players could use link to his full potential. Link is a MONSTER. And I've always felt strategy>combo ability.

Evla

Smash Cadet
[QUOE=Deva;4141246]To everyone who think's Brawl Link sucks, you're trying to use him link melee Link. It doesn't work like that. Brawl Link goes off a completely defensive play style. You have to stay away from your opponent and spam continuously. when they start to get close, you knock them away with the claw shot or the jab. YOu can sometimes combo out of the claw shot, but over all, you can't approach characters like you could in melee. If you try to, you lose, which is why so many of you think he sucks. Personally I think Brawl sucks compared to melee and I prefer using melee Link. It doesn't change the fact that LInk actually compete in this game, just with a different playstyle.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Brawl sucks. I mean yea its sucks dat there is no advances moves or anything like that but overall I think the game is still pretty good and I think it will be played at a very high level. Its possible. but I do enjoy Melee more tho for the simple fact the the matches in melee are more fast paced

Deva

Smash Lord
His playstlyle doesnt have to be entirely defensive. Im sure it very much depends on the character you play against. If your opponent is very aggressive and wants to constantly pressure you then yes you play defensive. But against a character like samus that can out projectile you, you dont want to give them breathing room at all so you take the offensive.
There hasn't been a whole lot of competetive play since the game is so new, but I've been playing it since february and trust me, once people start getting good at the new power shielding, If you approach with Link, you'll lose. The only characters that can effectively approach are floaty characters like toon Link since he can move away after an aerial before hitting the ground unlike Link. He can't be punished out of a power shield from that kind of approach. Link can only do well if you force your opponent to come to you and power shield your self. Also, Samus has never been able to out spam Link in any of the Smash games. Maybe overall projectiles, but against eachother, Link always wins. Also, Link can out spam almost everyone in this game.

Aleol said:
Deva, you *can* still approach them, you just have to be careful. depending on which character they're using, and what their strategy is. My entire strategy is based on analyzing my opponent's, so if I find a weak point in their strategy, I take it, or I MAKE it. You don't have to be a spammer to win, you could be smart.
That's the metagame, don't get confused. Of course it'll be different for different characters, but overall the general strategy will be to force your opponent to you. It seems like you can approach now, but once the people in your area get good at the new powershielding, you'll think differently.

Aleol said:
I Think brawl Link is WAAAAY better. maybe cause I can actually win with him now, because people aren't uber-fast anymore, so I can think more clearly.
So you're good at slow fighting games cuz you can't think fast.....>_>

ggz, I'm sure the competetive fighting game community will adore you for thinking you're good at a slow fighting game.

lorddave551 said:
Yes, exactly

Aleol said:
*ahem* Brawl Link is faster and much, much stronger. and notice I said MAYBE. What I said was based on my opinion, at least what you quoted. And fast =/= better, (I am referring to your post). Ike is uber powerful, but slow as hell.can you honestly tell me that Ike sucks when he can pwn like no other (except maybe Dedede). I think only a handful of players could use link to his full potential. Link is a MONSTER. And I've always felt strategy>combo ability.
Lol, no, he's not. Stop disagreeing with people who know more about the game than you. comparing running speed, yeah, Brawl Link is faster. If you played melee at all though, you'd know there was this little thing called "wave dashing" that could be used to speed up your character's movement. Also, Ike isn't that slow and if you play him against the good chatacters he does get pwnd. Also, if you think strategy is better than combo ability, you would agree with staying away and spamming, since that requires strategy in forcing your opponent to you and approaching after you land a hit in a specific situation. Link doesn't have a whole lot of options just flat out approaching, and if that's what you're suggesting then you're also suggesting you would rather end the match quicker with combos than draw it out with a chance to win using strategy.

Elva said:
I don't think Brawl sucks. I mean yea its sucks dat there is no advances moves or anything like that but overall I think the game is still pretty good and I think it will be played at a very high level. Its possible. but I do enjoy Melee more tho for the simple fact the the matches in melee are more fast paced
I wasn't saying Brawl sucks. It's really fun and relatively competetive. Along with the online play it'll definately attract thousands of players making it an overall good fighting game. However, looking at the physics of the game itself, it is far inferior to melee competetively.

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
Yes, Deva, I think I'm good at a slow fighting game, but it's not because I can't think fast. Soul Calibur 2 Is one of those fighting games where you have to think before your opponent. I could usually win because I could think faster. In melee, though, I had a little harder time, because my opponent was moving faster than me. Plus, I don't think I'm anywhere near good enough for competitive play. whatever. I know you're a great Link player, but you don't have to be so condescending

Anyway, on topic, I remembered my point. To players, casual, or non-competitive, Link is better. I'm one of them. To competitive tournament goers, who normally use advance techs and beat the crap out of each other, Link is worse. All right, I submit, Link is better in melee. but what you have to remember is all of the characters' counterparts are better in melee. So it really isn't much of a comparison

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
I didn't mean for it to be taken as such.

I think he's just better in terms of playability. He can now be played more easily, and can actually stand a chance against characters now

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
To address your last point, Due to the increase of horizontal distance to links spin attack, hie can go across a slanted wall BETTER than melee link. The difference is final destination. the ledge extends a bit further on this than melee's FD, so it's a bit harder to reach it form underneath. Yes his aerial clawshot has less distance than melee's, but this is because of the sweetspot. Because it's easier to reach the ledge with the clawshot, he took out some distance, which I think is a shame, but due to link's natural badass-ness, I overlook it. You cannot sit there, and just blatantly say that melee link is better than brawl link. I don't believe you, as many of your points are groundless
Okay, your saying Link can aerial spin attack up slanted walls? what stage could Link's aerial spin attack slanted walls? I know he cant do it on Final Destination. And not only that, but Link can't walljump to prevent himself being doomed by the ceiling countering his spin attack recovery. Unless, bomb teching is in. Which I will have to try out with Brawl Link. Then Link could possibly wall jump. But it would still be situational. That's the next thing I'll have to try out.

And your saying my points are groundless? I thoroughly was a Link main in Melee, and you must play differently with brawl Link. You need to re think your play style. That's why I made this thread, to help Link players understand the differences between Brawl Link and Melee Link.

So did young link's in melee. and Link's second jump is extremely high. and fox still technically falls fastest
I know toon Link and young link have practically about the same kind of recovery. And Link's second jump definitly isnt high. Otherwise he would be able to get back to the stage better. And I wasnt really talking about fox, but there is no denying that Link is one of the top 3 fastest fallers in this game. And fox has a much better recovery, especially now since he can spam shine to slow his fall.

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
Okay, your saying Link can aerial spin attack up slanted walls? what stage could Link's aerial spin attack slanted walls? I know he cant do it on Final Destination. And not only that, but Link can't walljump to prevent himself being doomed by the ceiling countering his spin attack recovery. Unless, bomb teching is in. Which I will have to try out with Brawl Link. Then Link could possibly wall jump. But it would still be situational. That's the next thing I'll have to try out.

And your saying my points are groundless? I thoroughly was a Link main in Melee, and you must play differently with brawl Link. You need to re think your play style. That's why I made this thread, to help Link players understand the differences between Brawl Link and Melee Link.

I know toon Link and young link have practically about the same kind of recovery. And Link's second jump definitly isnt high. Otherwise he would be able to get back to the stage better. And I wasnt really talking about fox, but there is no denying that Link is one of the top 3 fastest fallers in this game. And fox has a much better recovery, especially now since he can spam shine to slow his fall.
I kinda refuted my own points already on this. whatever. I'm sure if you throw the bomb at a wall while link is right next to it he'll tech. I wasn't that great of a player anyway. so you can ignore me if you want.

Judging by your name, I'm guessing you play soul calibur? I'll play you on that, then we'll see who's better.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
You can use the bomb recovery. When you take out a bomb, use your Up B it explodes use your Up B again.
Elaborate on why he can't.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
If soul calibur was online that would be great. And Im not saying Brawl Link is garbage. Im just saying his recovery is garbage.
Smashbros 7: In Melee Link could pull out a bomb, throw it up and spin attack into it making the bomb explode with his spin attack. In Brawl, his bomb's dont explode if he hits with his sword attacks. And yes he can have a bomb in hand and wait for it to explode, but its very situational. His bomb's wont explode until 7 seconds, in both games.

Top Bottom