• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

common3.pac and slowdown?

KururuSouchou

Smash Rookie
Alright, I just have a simple question. I recently took the time to add some item textures to my common3.pac, and I put it in Brawl. However, when I use it, the loading seems to slow down a lot - both on the loading screen and when starting a match. Is it the common3.pac that's doing this, and is there any way to fix it? It's not a pressing issue, but it would be nice if it could be fixed...

Mario Zelda Fan

Smash Apprentice
I have a texture for the Super Mushroom and Poison Mushroom in my common3.pac, but it hasn't slowed my game down; I don't think it should slow yours down, either.

KururuSouchou

Smash Rookie
I do have a few more textures than that (some Food, Smash Ball, Assist Trophy, Clock, Metal Box, and Smart Bomb). I also have one model-swap (the Fire Flower, with the Nintendog's model over it) - I have a feeling that may be what's causing the slowdown.

Top Bottom