• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Comics/Graphic Novels being made/been made into movies.

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
I want to see this trailer, it sounds awesome, but I do NOT want to see the museum.
Did you ever read the marvel zombies comics? Kind of off the point I know. But Dibs, the new Hulk movie is being produced by some one different. Of course if its worse, they will no dout be run out of HollyWood.

Dibs

Smash Lord
Well at least that gives me some new hope about Hulk.

I haven't read the zombies comics, but I have heard about them. Are they any good?

ZM2004

Smash Journeyman
I saw that new Fantastic Four trailer, and was not impressed. It's just a minute of chasing some guy around the city, and hearing some dumb kid behind me talk about how it will be the greatest movie ever made because the guy catches on fire.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
I saw that new Fantastic Four trailer, and was not impressed. It's just a minute of chasing some guy around the city, and hearing some dumb kid behind me talk about how it will be the greatest movie ever made because the guy catches on fire.
first off thats not just some guy Johny Storm was chasing, it's the freaking Silver Surfer (In my opinion the coolest Marvel character ever created... ever) and second yeah that kid is dumb

Dibs

Smash Lord
So I've never really read much into the Silver Surfer. What are his powers and everything? I'm sure he just doesn't surf and go through buildings.

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
What fun would that be to watch a movie and see no villain dying? Sure it's not along the storyline, but fans should just know that by now. There's isn't room for multiple episodes and seasons of Spiderman movies, so there would be no point in keeping your main villains alive.

And Topher Grace works nice as Venom. The Ultimate Spiderman comics have a skinny Eddie Brock as well and that's where they are taking their Venom from. The symbiote can also grow his muscle mass, I'm not sure if that will happen in the movie, but there's not just ONE way to depict Venom.

Lex Luthor is white... or black too.. Who knows? It's not that big of a deal. If they look the part, then that's all that should matter.

No disagreement here... Hulk was horrible and I hope the sequel is cancelled.

Doc Ock just shouldnt die. there's plenty of stories to be made, just not enoguh comitment, killing him off isnt the answer. it just isnt spider-man. there's no point in trying to be creative with something like Spider-man if ur gonna add this hollywood twist to it. it's just not the way the fans want it done.

Topher Grace just DOESN'T work. he's not a good Venom type. they will probably kill him off too, and if so i wanna see this one shot Venom the way venom was meant to be. a mother-****ing/rock ur god **** dome/keeps his *****es on a leash/eats nails for breakfast/buffer than the Rock bad *** dude.

I hope eric bana is cast as banner again. that dude needs a second chance. and hope this movie suceeds in ways hero movies never have!

ur right, lex luthor works good as both. but micheal duncan clarke as KingPin. no sir.

Dibs

Smash Lord
What was so wrong with Duncan though? If there was a realistic Kingpin for the movie, it wouldn't be able to work. Kingpin is supposed to be able to fight and everything in the comics. He's not just all fat. There's no one in real life who looks that fat and can pull off looking good fighting too. So Duncan works out.

I don't see why Topher won't work. He's just playing as EDDIE BROCK, not Venom. The symbiote will probably make Venom bigger and muscular like some fans are used to. The fans who don't know that there's other realities in the Marvel Universe.

There's Eddie Brock in the Ultimate Comics. He's skinny, that's probably who they are depicting in the movie.

*EDIT* I just saw the FF4:2 Trailer and Silver Surfer looks awesome.

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah i know ultimate eddie brock, jr is the one they r dipicting. it says the symbiote suit will make him more muscular, but won't exaggerate it liekthe comics do. sickens me.

the silver surfer does looks pretty badass. Fantastic Four has a good cast the yjust need a better story. still its one of the better marvel movies.

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
Ok, this is embarrassing. Im reading the plot and its telling how the symbiote comes back with John Jameson, but ends up with Eddie Brock. Did this happen in the comics? I always thought it started with John then to Peter and so on.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
That's how it's going to happen in the movie. John Jameson brings it back from the moon, Spidey saves the wrecked shuttle and it gets attached to him, then much later, he takes it off in a bell tower while Eddie Brock is waiting below to receive it.

I read on some movie news site that Toby Mcguire has said this is his last Spider-Man movie unless the script is really incredible for the 4th. Dunst has stated she would only do more if Raimi is directing, but Mcguire is pretty much out. Toby Mcguire IS Spider-man to me. It's going to be like Bat-Man Forever all over again.

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
well "The Dark Knight", a sequel to "Batman Begins", will be with us in 2009. i cant wait. Heath Ledger as the Joker. eh could have been worse. i'd like to see

Mr. Freeze, ClayFace, Killer Croc, Scarface, or even Catman(the new one is such a badass)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Scarface was a Batman villian? How unoriginal.

Two-Face is also in "Dark Knight" but no Scarecrow.

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
Double post I know, but Im nervous about the new Transformers movie. I really want this movie to kick ***. From what the trailer is showing, it looks amazing. With Spielberg how could they go wrong? I hope Im not setting myself up to be let down.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Venom revealed!

at least in a toy way... Im not liking the desing, having the spider web lines of spidermans costume is just not venom, I would have like the venom-spider logo on the chest to be there by itself, it seems like venom is just wearing the black suit spidey costume, a new mask and change he symbol a bit, and thats it, he COULD be a bit bigger but meh its just a toy, maybe they'll make some modifications or something...

Note this is the toy of the spiderman 3 franchise, and with venom being one of the toys, im betting we dont have to wait til SM4 to c venom fully and not just brocks transforming into him...

Dibs

Smash Lord
I posted it already. There's going to be FIFTEEN minutes of venom time in the movie.

It's just the toy, it'll probably look better in the movie.

And about the costume. The symbiote usually takes the form of the last host it took over. Therefore giving him webbing on it.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok my bad, ur last point makes sense, but in the comics (I believe) never had the web lines, and awas hopin he wouldnt in the movie...

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
Scarface was a puppet. U know, with the multi-personalitied Ventriquist?

also Harvey Dent(Two-Face) has in fact been confirmed, i just hope they do him just once they cast.

Cillian Murphy , who played Scarecrow, stated that he was interested in being in another movie, seeing as he was contracted for more sequels. so mayeb there is still hope.

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
Dosent really go with the main point, but I must ask anyway. Has any one seen Pans Labyrinth yet? I seen the trailer just this week and it stated "playing in select theaters." Today its saying "Now playing everywhere." Just wondering if it may have came out in a different city and some of you guys seen it.

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
Batman is a DC comic, but all is fair game in here.

Edit. I fixed the title so all is welcome. btw, it sucks so if you have a better title please pass it on.

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nicholas cage i mean come on. Ben Affleck at least looked like a daredevil. im probably going to see it tonight. I really only want to see BlackHeart. he is supposed to be shown in his demon form at some part of the movie. let's hope.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I went and seen Ghost Rider today. It was better than what I thought it was going be. I think that it was better than Daredevil and the Hulk movie at least. I had one major complaint about the movie. But I don't know if I should spoil it or not.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Alright, here is my complaint(Spoiler alert).
Although they show Blackheart in his demon form in the movie, he looked more like a hybrid of his human and demon form. I was expecting him to be in his full demon form and that made me mad. In the movie they just showed Blackheart in human form with his skin tone a little darker and his eyes are red.

Top Bottom